Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 02, 2009, 11:49 AM
I just bought this plane and it should be arriving tomorrow! I can't wait until it comes to see how it flies. Looks like a great plane. I ordered an extra Li-Po battery so I should have a little extra flying time.

Any tips or advice on flying it for the first time? It should fly like a 40 size trainer right? Or a little faster?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2009, 02:30 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for a motor upgrade for this plane?
Apr 08, 2009, 11:07 AM
does anyone have some rough dimensions of the available extra space inside the fuselage that's not taken up by battery, servos, and rx?
Apr 11, 2009, 03:17 PM

Flyzone Cessna 182

I see this is the large 182 by Flyzone , 48". Any one have experience with the smaller 34.5 ? It seems rather heay, about 24oz. Any sugestions on replacing the Ni-MH ? etc. Would the 380 motor have enough power with 7.4 li-pols? Thanks dschilling
Apr 17, 2009, 09:52 PM
hey rrracer..did you get a chance to replace it...i broke my nose gear as well...
Apr 21, 2009, 12:35 PM
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this plane? First of all the battery was bad out of the box. I had the same problem with the elv. servo horn not tightening. The front landing gear is weak at best. I could go on and on but wont. for the price its not worth it in my opinion, Wish i could get that 250 back, normally i dont bash anything in forums but this plane is lack luster at best. Am i alone here?
Apr 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
GorillaGlue, Tape...I'm good
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey121
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this plane? First of all the battery was bad out of the box. I had the same problem with the elv. servo horn not tightening. The front landing gear is weak at best. I could go on and on but wont. for the price its not worth it in my opinion, Wish i could get that 250 back, normally i dont bash anything in forums but this plane is lack luster at best. Am i alone here?
Did you cycle the battery several times before using it? When you say the battery is "bad," how is it bad? What are the symptoms?

I had my eyes on this one, but if you have more issues with this plane's shortcomings, I'd like to hear it all. I may change my mind if what you find is not an isolated case.
Apr 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
I also had my eye on this one but since the hobby city version is from the same manufacturer but with a stronger motor and for $99 i went that way if you look at that thread youll see a more in depth response on this plane and how well it flies.
Apr 22, 2009, 11:48 PM
Can't leave well enough alone
Edgee: If you wouldn't mind, a couple questions about the Hobby City version.

-So it's not a cruddy knock off, but the exact same model just different distributor?
-How easy are the hidious pink graphic to take off?
-I can only seem to find it for $129 (still not a bad price), where did you pick it up for $99?
- Just read some not-so-great things about their shipping too, did yours arrive intact and undamaged?

Thanks!
Last edited by SyncroScott; Apr 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Apr 22, 2009, 11:52 PM
Wasn't it 99 before? Or am i thinking about another plane?
Apr 23, 2009, 12:30 AM
Looks like it possibly has gone through some recent price hikes; I found reference to it being $99, $109, and $129 over the last 6 months or so. Being in the shipping /dist. industry this doesn't surprise me. I was just hoping there might be a better deal.
Apr 23, 2009, 03:10 AM
It's still $99 from Hobby King/city. You need to be logged on.
Apr 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
Well, I registered but the price is still $129 despite being logged in. Do you think that since it is my initial purchase from them that I may have to pay the full price?
Last edited by SyncroScott; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Apr 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncroScott
Well, I registered but the price is still $129 despite being logged in. Do you think that since it is my initial purchase from them that I may have to pay the full price?
I heard that the first time buyers get free shipping (not verified), so maybe the price is a little higher due to that?

Otherwise, did you try logging out and logging back in and refresh the page?

I checked again this morning and it's still $99.
Apr 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Found the answer to the pricing differences at HobbyKing/City. Upon registering you are a "standard" member and pay full price. After your first initial purchase, then you become a "gold" member and are eligible for discounts, and after ten purchases you become a "platinum" and get deeper discounts. Or so the online customer support sez...

Tough call; @ $129 and a hefty shipping charge (EMS @ $65.39) the price starts to creep close to FlyZone's price. On one hand FlyZone's includes the Tx, Rx, batt, charger, better graphics. On the other hand HobbyCity's is a bit cheaper and reportedly had a more powerful motor.

What to do, what to do...