Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 19, 2009, 12:24 AM
like a rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov
... but I fly better inverted on RFG2 than right side up
and leave footprints on the ceiling? Scary ...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2009, 12:48 AM
Excellence is Expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityKills
and leave footprints on the ceiling? Scary ...

Scary... I know!
Feb 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
Rocket Programmer
I so need to try that
Feb 19, 2009, 10:10 AM
Ricky: I haven't heard about people stripping screws. Apparently the heads of the screws have been breaking off, mostly when they try to remove them to put fresh loctite on. I'm thinking that I'll need to heat before removing?
Ken
Feb 19, 2009, 10:12 AM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Havent had much a problem witht he screws breaking or stripping -- its the dam soft tool they send with it. Everyone thinks its the screws rof -- in reality its the tool -- check it out under a micro light youll see lol

Markus
Feb 23, 2009, 08:38 PM

Extra's needed

I am placing an order for the 250 Trex this evening or tomorrow morning. The super combo appears to have everything but the radio, correct? I am wondering besides the receiver, what other parts are a must have in the event of needed repairs from crash. In other words, besides blades, what are the most commonly replaced parts after a crash?
Thanks fella's
Feb 23, 2009, 08:49 PM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Howdy,

The skids will break is you look at them wrong so grab a few sets of those lol

Crash replacements are: -- (i havent dirt napped er yet but would be)

Main shafts
Feathering spindles
Blades

I would guess would be most importent :0) Those are what I ordered with my kit due to having a rex 450 :0)

Markus
Feb 23, 2009, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymarkus
Howdy,

The skids will break is you look at them wrong so grab a few sets of those lol

Crash replacements are: -- (i havent dirt napped er yet but would be)

Main shafts
Feathering spindles
Blades

I would guess would be most importent :0) Those are what I ordered with my kit due to having a rex 450 :0)

Markus
Sounds like the same as a Blade 400 as far as weakest parts. Thanks
Feb 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
Rocket Programmer
Don't forget the flybar and the links... piled mine in yesterday and bent the feathering shaft, lost a couple ball links, and bent one of the balls, as well as breaking the landing gear struts.
Feb 23, 2009, 11:54 PM

Fried RCE-BL15X ?

Hello,

After a small crash I had to replace some parts on my trex 250
Main shaft replaced due to slight bent
tail drive belt replaced

So..after replacing these parts I was making some static tests and suddenly the Motor went off and then I figured out there was no power to the receiver. The ESC was hot.

I tried disconnecting and connecting the ESC again but got the same results, no response at all and after few seconds ESC gets hot..
It's very obvious that it's fried..but ..what could be the cause of the failure?
I took out the heat shrink but I could not find any visible damage, no burnt Ic's or anything like that.

The only ESC available are Thunderbird 9 (too little) and Phoenix 35 (too much) So i guess I'll need to get a Phoenix 25

Any suggestions?

Elias
Feb 24, 2009, 02:51 AM
like a rock!
YGE 18, probably the best little ESC in the whole wide world
I fly it on my GAUI.
Order with prog card.
Feb 24, 2009, 05:40 AM
Heli Hooligan
+1 on the YGE 18. I'm using it in my Maxir and the govenor is excellent - imo as good as a Jazz. Just make sure you get V3 because V2 doesn't have governor. Mine weighs about 15g with wires shortened, Micro Deans and Medusa 2mm connctors. My CC25 with the same connectors was about 0.5g lighter but the YGE's governor is so much better and it has a switching BEC. If weight is an issue then consider the Gaui 18A, which is only about 10g.
Feb 24, 2009, 06:01 AM
like a rock!
right, the governor is a must.
BTW, I solder the small ESCs directly to the motor, never needed plugs.

And: If the ESC broke down, check the motor with an ohm-meter, all three possible connections between wires.
If one is clearly different than the others, the motor is broken, too. Unfortunately that is quite common, a broken motor kills the ESC and vice versa.
Feb 24, 2009, 06:41 AM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityKills
Unfortunately that is quite common, a broken motor kills the ESC and vice versa.
Yes, as I have expensively found out before
Feb 24, 2009, 09:24 AM
Where are you folks getting most of your parts? I tried ordering the 250 T Rex AGNKX019002A super combo last night at Hobby Zone, but there web site wouldn't take the 10% discount code they gave me. So I'm not paying 429.00 full price when I see them selling for as low as 359.00 and a little shipping. Suggestions? I'd like to order where they have all the parts. I can't seem to locate 250 parts on Hzones site...

Quick Reply