Jan 14, 2009, 09:49 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
The more I fly those TP Pro Power 30C, the more I am convinced they are the perfect pack for T-Rex 250.

Now there are more people with T-Rex 250 flying, please share your power/electronics setup and how you feel about it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2009, 10:43 PM

I have the T-Rex 250, and a Futuba 7C TX - Curious if anyone has a good set of

directions on how to best program the TX, and how to wire everything into the RX correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan 24, 2009, 11:28 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnoyce
directions on how to best program the TX, and how to wire everything into the RX correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The 250 is set up just like any other ccpm helicopter... please watch Finless Bob's videos on Helifreak for the Trex 450. The concepts apply to any helicopter with this kind of head... please try to understand the concepts, and then apply that knowledge to your radio - use the radio manual to figure out the interface. The Trex 250 isn't so good for beginners, and you should be very familiar with helicopter setup if you want to get it flying right. If you aren't sure about things, please try to find some in-person help with it, as there is a long but step-by-step process you need to learn. The 250 will not tolerate very many mistakes in the setup. I have posted many videos about how to build it and the radio setup is done at various points during the build.

These concepts from the DX7 radio should transfer to the Futaba as well. Don't concentrate on specific switches and buttons, instead learning how to set up the various settings which are common to all radios.

(19 min 8 sec)
Jan 25, 2009, 12:17 AM

Falling Linkage Balls on Swash Plate

Out of the box I had two problems that stopped me from building TRex 250 (over a month!). As I go over tightness of the screws and linkage balls, one of the linkage ball on the swash plate fell off as I touch it with my fingers. I looks like it was over tightened such taht the ball head is sheared off and barely hanging. Another problem was the wobbly tail drive gear assy (upper gear). The tail drive gear can be fixed with metal one @$8.99 (I hope). There was no way to repair the stuck ball link thread inside the swash plate body and LHS was nice enough that they replaced it for free. I was grateful to the LHS and started assembling the head assy and AGAIN one of the linkage ball fell off as I screwed it back with a locktite before it is tightened (it was loose and easily unscrewed). This time the broken ball is from the one of the three outer linkage to servo and may be possible to fix it. Any ways 2nd in a row I got bad linkage balls on the swash plate. Am I just unlucky? Anyone had swash ball link problem?
Jan 25, 2009, 05:29 AM
Heli Hooligan
Exactly the same thing happened with my swashplate balljoint. All I did was try to undo it (not with much force) and it just sheared off. To see if it was a one off I tried the other ball joints and they sheared off too. I didn't use enough initiative to ask my LHS for a new swashplate and I just ordered one. It flies quite nicely now but Align's reputation of quality has downgraded somewhat in my mind.
Jan 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
Let's fly !
No complain here, all the screws and balls were good, resized all ball links, only the tail bearings were bad but, it was easy to solve, did a couple more indoor flights today, real nice

here's my setup.

Trex 250 kit w/cyclic servos, motor, ESC
Align CF main blade 205D
Gyro 2100T w/3100G
Rx AR6100
Outrage XP 25C 800mAh

Very easy to fly, stable hover, similar to my Trex 450 SE V2. Tail is nice and crisp now (new dual bearings 1.2mm + 2mm per grip).
Jan 31, 2009, 12:04 PM
two evenings building it, more or less 4 hours, and one more hour to configure radio, test flow in garage, and for a real beginner as I am, it looks great.

Now I can practise in my garage, hoovering, eights, and nose in, without caring for space

Tks to everyone for the building tips in this post, I found out that the manual is not 100% correct or omitted some steps
Jan 31, 2009, 04:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
Careful practicing in a garage... it can get moving pretty fast with just a twitch of the stick!
Feb 02, 2009, 07:38 AM
road wart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
The more I fly those TP Pro Power 30C, the more I am convinced they are the perfect pack for T-Rex 250.

Now there are more people with T-Rex 250 flying, please share your power/electronics setup and how you feel about it.
they probably feel the stuff belongs in a different heli
Feb 02, 2009, 11:50 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni
Exactly the same thing happened with my swashplate balljoint. All I did was try to undo it (not with much force) and it just sheared off. To see if it was a one off I tried the other ball joints and they sheared off too. I didn't use enough initiative to ask my LHS for a new swashplate and I just ordered one. It flies quite nicely now but Align's reputation of quality has downgraded somewhat in my mind.
Did you notice that the screws are softer than they should be? I find that they tend to strip easily. I think the problem does not lie with Align's QC but their choice of metal. Durability is not a top priority for most manufacturers anyway. So far I'm still happy with Align's performance and their products have been mostly reliable.
Feb 02, 2009, 12:23 PM
like a rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencechan
...mostly reliable
mostly
Feb 02, 2009, 07:47 PM
On a Futaba 10c, do I use the H3 CCPM mode?
Feb 05, 2009, 02:48 AM

PM me if you need Trex 250 Chinese weight.

My friend need this. I make some for them.

Use M2 hex screw hole make you more easy for maintainace.
Curve design match Trex 250 tail grip perfect.
Install it to solve your problem. I am enjoy with it.

Please PM to me if you need it.

If you are dealer. Please send your inquiry to [email protected]
Thanks.

Steven
Feb 05, 2009, 02:56 AM
like a rock!
just a gut feeling ... I'm long-time user of chinese weights, but those look very heavy (much more than what I use on a 450).
In my experience, it works best if it only takes away a bit of the return force. If we overdo it, stability suffers.
But that's just a guess from the picture, and I could be wrong.
Feb 05, 2009, 07:02 AM
road wart
I dont get why, on the chinese weights , if they're effective(and alot of people add them to models) why manufacturers dont include the bump in their designs? It would take almost zero effort from them and they're not on most models.

Quick Reply