Nov 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
I am talking about Prolite V2's, 20/30C. Not available until next month...
Oh I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
Extreme V2 which are crap IMO.
I wouldn't say crap but definitely not worth the money I spent.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
On RCG Vacation - Part 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni
You mean the Align servos are rebadged Ino-Labs? It's just that the few posts before you were about the ESC but I didn't know you could get an Ino-Labs ESC. Seems like you mean the servos.

yeah I should have been more clear, I was talking about the servo's.
Nov 20, 2008, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotttin
Now that so many people have a TRex 250 could you guys describe a little bit the flight characteristics? How does it compare to a Trex 450? To the EP200 v1 or v2?
What about flight time (sport flying and accro)?

Thanks a lot (me want to push the checkout button!!!!)
Not much "flying" going on in this thread is there

You might ask this guy :
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=102316

http://www.bertrc.com/heli_videos/be...tro-flight.wmv

http://www.bertrc.com/heli_videos/be...50_flight1.wmv
Nov 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
Plastic Buddha
Last edited by aftica; Apr 23, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Nov 20, 2008, 07:25 AM
Heli Hooligan
Yeah, I thought about that too but I don't have a charger that can charge them. I was thinking maybe I can buy a cheapo charger that can charge through just the discharge leads. However I don't want to spend a lot of money just for a few 1320 packs that have 50+ cycles each.

As for the new 1350 packs, well I'll wait for the feedback. So afr I'm very happy with Revolectrix, are giving me good performance even after 100+ cycles. Desire are my performance choice but I haven't had them long enough to know about longevity. Performance wise, I've never seen anything like it. When I put a Desire 6s 2500mAh 30C pack in my Protos, it was like a completely different monster.
Nov 20, 2008, 11:18 AM
I have never had a TP balance wires break on me in over 3 years !
And over 25 packs,in sizes from 1320 to 2200mAh.
All are 3 cells.
And I have way over 2000 flights on planes and helicopters.
But I don't know if its how I handle them? ( I don't pick them up by the balance tap wires or main wires most of the time.)
Nov 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
I was getting this intermittent yaw action during flights. Not sure what was causing it other than gyro, so I swapped it out with a GY401 I had sitting around. Flew a few times and noticed it was getting occasional tail oscillation as well. After some tinkering, it turned out that my ESC was interfering with the gyro. So I moved the ESC forward underneath the motor and all is well now. Lesson learned, keep your ESC away from the gyro!

BTW the heli balances perfectly even with GY401. It just looks like a tumor sticking out in the back. Flew awesome though.
Nov 20, 2008, 04:53 PM
Size Matters!
Steph,
Thanks for the heads up on seperation from the gyro.

What hole are you using on the servo arms for the swash servos?
The instructions only reference the rudder servo and suggest the first hole out from center 5mm from center.
Nov 20, 2008, 05:08 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
I am using the outer most hole on the longest arms. So the linkage rods can be perpendicular relative to the horn.
Nov 20, 2008, 05:12 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP

Reprogram your ESC

Although the ESC comes pre-programmed at the factory, it's best if you go through and re-program it for two reasons:

1. Reprogram will ensure the throttle range matches that of your transmitter.
2. To make sure the settings are correct. I can't trust other people to setup my own heli.
Nov 22, 2008, 05:19 PM
Plastic Buddha
Last edited by aftica; Apr 23, 2009 at 08:30 AM.
Nov 22, 2008, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica
got mine in the air, but i won't take it higher than 12'' or so...

gyro does not hold the tail reliably. in fact it just gives up completely without warning. (no right rudder).

align super combo/ align batt./ futaba rx.

everything is set-up as per the book, heli is super smooth, quiet and very stable. nothing is binding. possible dud gyro? any suggestions or links would be appreciated. thanks guys,
john.
Go to the 250 section on HF. There is a thread there "mushy tail" and others talking about tail problems, seems like it might be tail mechanics and not the gyro. There are lots of comments in different threads so look around. No one surprisingly has tested the gyro in another bird. I was going to pick one up but now I think I am going to get the flybar-less gaui combo from flying-hobby, $350 is a great deal with 2 lipos and servos, or maybe just get the regular combo if the first owners(public beta) work out the issues with the tail.
Jared
Nov 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
Plastic Buddha
Last edited by aftica; Apr 23, 2009 at 08:30 AM.
Nov 23, 2008, 11:57 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Thank you so much Steph280 for doing this build thread. It is so detailed and well documented. This is the first thing I've ever put together like this and you have been an asset to me, so THANK YOU!

So far I've assembled the head and it went without a hitch.

Ricky
Nov 24, 2008, 01:26 AM
**I'm Battman**
Excellent review work Steph280!

What shops have these in stock?

Who do you guys buy from in the US?

Thanks,

rc

Quick Reply