Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 18, 2008, 11:57 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
Thanks for those canopy mod photos. I'm going to give it a try on mine so I can use all those 1320 packs I have laying around.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
Team Mulikow
This may interest you guys. I recently installed Fusonic MG-D-04 digital servos on my 450's cyclic and an HB-D-02 digital servo for the tail. These are Esky sized servos. Response is excellent. Heli feels really locked on compared to my Hitecs. I have not tested durability since these just came out on the market.

Also noteworthy is the 06 servo. Coreless motor. Same speed as the 02 but has more torque. But the 02 iss great for my needs.

These servos are 1250uSec, 333hz in case anyone is using a Spartan or a P G - 8 0 0.

Info at www.fusonic.com

Sales at www.ehirobo.com
Nov 19, 2008, 07:22 AM
Size Matters!
According to the instruction photos there is a "Setup Instruction" (page 23 with throttle arm at low position) and a "Setup Mode" (page 24 with throttle position at high position). The term "Setup Instruction" seems a poor translation for a "settings check or confirmation". There is no mention that this function is at every power up or normal operation. I assume that is the series of beeps you refer to.

Sounds like infant mortality for rudder servo and or esc.....

Never had this much trouble with a Kontronik, Schultz, CC, Hacker, Jeti or aveox esc.
Thanks Rob
Nov 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
Now that so many people have a TRex 250 could you guys describe a little bit the flight characteristics? How does it compare to a Trex 450? To the EP200 v1 or v2?
What about flight time (sport flying and accro)?

Thanks a lot (me want to push the checkout button!!!!)
Nov 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
On RCG Vacation - Part 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob
According to the instruction photos there is a "Setup Instruction" (page 23 with throttle arm at low position) and a "Setup Mode" (page 24 with throttle position at high position). The term "Setup Instruction" seems a poor translation for a "settings check or confirmation". There is no mention that this function is at every power up or normal operation. I assume that is the series of beeps you refer to.

Sounds like infant mortality for rudder servo and or esc.....

Never had this much trouble with a Kontronik, Schultz, CC, Hacker, Jeti or aveox esc.
Thanks Rob

Rob you ever think you have might have to rev your thr channel?

BTW:

These are rebagged ino-labs... got my kit yesterday. Ino-labs IMHO are some of the best you can get, very happy!
Nov 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob
Yes that "setup instruction" refers to the series of beeps identifying the current settings. I will post on their forum to request for clarification on the manual.
Nov 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
BTW:

These are rebagged ino-labs... got my kit yesterday. Ino-labs IMHO are some of the best you can get, very happy!
You mean the Align servos are rebadged Ino-Labs? It's just that the few posts before you were about the ESC but I didn't know you could get an Ino-Labs ESC. Seems like you mean the servos.
Nov 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
He's talking about servos...

BTW I was able to fit TP 3s-1320 prolites without any mods. It's a tight fit and will probably crack the canopy in the long run, but it does work and does not deform anything. Now I just have to convert the plugs...
Nov 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
Size Matters!
Quote:
Yes that "setup instruction" refers to the series of beeps identifying the current settings. I will post on their forum to request for clarification on the manual.
Thanks Steph!

Bladestrike,
Thanks for the help, Throttle going the right way. I might have made more of it than needed, thinking I needed to program the esc when it was preprogrammed but the translation was a bit confusing.

Good to know high quality servos - although I'm not familiar with them.

Speaking of servos, I called Alignrcus and they will send out a replacement rudder servo. No questions asked, no hassel approaching Castle Creations and Hitec customer service! In the meantime I'l plug in a HS65 as a place holder.

My little toy helicopter was getting the better of me last night
Nov 19, 2008, 04:50 PM
The early worm gets eaten
RocketRob:

The manual states"THIS IS NOT A TOY".

Steph: I flew a 1320with-out the canopy mod for 2 or 3 flights but it puts alot of force on the mounts and starts to bend.

Thunderpower is coming out with a 1350 prolite-v2 same size and weight as the 1320.
Last edited by Trashley; Nov 19, 2008 at 04:56 PM.
Nov 19, 2008, 04:56 PM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
He's talking about servos...

BTW I was able to fit TP 3s-1320 prolites without any mods. It's a tight fit and will probably crack the canopy in the long run, but it does work and does not deform anything. Now I just have to convert the plugs...
The problem with TP Prolites is the balance wire keep breaking away from the pack. It's happened to 4 of mine now so I'm not going to buy them again.
Nov 19, 2008, 05:11 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
yeah that's a known problem. So I've been putting a tape on the wires to the battery so the stress is not near the solder joint. They're pretty good about replacing batteries with broken wires under warranty though. And the newer packs have tougher wires.

The new Prolites V2 should be good, since they went back to the original Prolite supplier (Saehan?). The ideal pack would probably be their 910mah pack, TP910-3SJPL2. It has dimention of 18x26x72mm, weights 73g, and comes with JST plug. Should be available next month at $35.99 according to TP. For $9 more, the 1350 pack is 19x34x65 at 86g.

Some good packs coming for T-Rex 250's....sweet!
Nov 19, 2008, 05:50 PM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
The ideal pack would probably be their 910mah pack, TP910-3SJPL2.
They're not bad and offer the longest flight time for the least amount of weight. I use them in my Walkera 52# but they're not the best performing pack and would probably be overworked in this heli. The best performing packs I have are Desire, Outrage and Revolectrix. I also have TP V2's but they don't even come close.

I did actually send one of my TP Prolites back and they repaired it free but it cost me a load to ship it from the UK and I didn't get it back for 2 weeks. For me it's just not worth buying them again unless I see proof they've addressed the issue.
Nov 19, 2008, 06:22 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
I am talking about Prolite V2's, 20/30C. Not available until next month...

These are not Extreme V2 which are crap IMO.
Nov 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Thread OP
Some update on my 250...

Originally the head seemed rather tight, due to the tight links. I was afraid to apply the normal squeeze-with-pliers technique since they are so tiny. After a few flights, they have wear in since, and are a lot more smooth now. So if your new heli seems twitchy, fly a few times and you will note the improvements.

Quick Reply