Oct 31, 2008, 09:23 PM
Always Ready!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryross
Has Steve done threads on his builds?
He uses a different alias here on RCG, but you'll find a million threads from him at WattFlyer:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...52&postcount=4
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2008, 10:44 PM
Registered FFF Addict
I couldn't find where he did any build threads. Watflyer forum is a little different than RCGroups.
Oct 31, 2008, 11:16 PM
Not to change the subject too much, but isn't that FC 28-05 for $5.95 at 26g and 1600Kv or 2840 also supposed to be pretty good, for slightly smaller planes?
Oct 31, 2008, 11:21 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Yes sir you are correct. I was wondering if anyone has seen gear boxes that will work with this motor?
Jun 22, 2018, 12:58 PM
Gentlemen, I am trying to mount the above mentioned motor, cf2822, to a lazertoyz Fenix 120. This is the motor supplied with the power pack.

Can't get the mounting bracket off motor to mount it to the plywood mount already glued to the plane.

Am I missing something here? Grub screw out . Mount is loose but seems to be hung up on a collar that I can't see.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Lol, found 2nd grub screw, thanks
Last edited by greenbeetle; Jun 22, 2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Solved
Jun 23, 2018, 07:31 AM
greenbeetle
Remember to do up both grub screws when you put it back together. It will feel OK with only one but if it works loose, and it will, the motor simply drops out!
Jun 23, 2018, 10:38 AM
Better still, replace the grub screws with 3mm hex cap screws.

Even better, drill and tap a third hole at 90 degrees to the existing ones - if you have the equipment of course

There is a thread on rewinding these motors that has some good, non-winding, tips on how to get the best out of them scattered about. But if you ever damage the wires (quite likely given the mounting weakness), they are probably among the simplest motors to rewind, and a large performance improvement can be achieved. The bearings are another common problem and the thread also has details on replacing them.

See https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Rewind-Thread
Aug 07, 2018, 05:38 PM

Fenix 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeetle
Gentlemen, I am trying to mount the above mentioned motor, cf2822, to a lazertoyz Fenix 120. This is the motor supplied with the power pack.

Can't get the mounting bracket off motor to mount it to the plywood mount already glued to the plane.

Am I missing something here? Grub screw out . Mount is loose but seems to be hung up on a collar that I can't see.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Lol, found 2nd grub screw, thanks
Sorry should have jumped in on that one ..
thats an easy and common mistake, working on a new build video it will include that tip. thanks
also we have new fenix nose armor and the 120 and powerpack is on sale for a week.
Aug 10, 2018, 12:52 PM
ski bum
My son gave me one of these motors for Father's Day. Love it (and him!). But there was a problem. I could remove the grub screws but I could still not slide the mounting flange off the motor. It is stuck! Intent on using the motor, I reinstalled the grub screws and fashioned kooky steel clips to secure the flange to the firewall. It's horrid but it's the only thing I could come up with in a hurry. I have no idea if there is a standard way of separating recalcitrant flange from defiant motor hub without ruining motor bearings from excess pulling force.
Aug 10, 2018, 08:52 PM
ALL that's required... is to clean up the burrs remaining from the manufacture.

Quick Reply