Dec 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
Elmer's Glue work fine...but it takes a while to dry. Other glues can leave a yellow color on the white foam. Where's definitely doesn't do that. So it has some advantages. The Gorilla glue or Sump glue will foam and expand. - RC

On Props: Ok, COld weather does makes pretty much all plastic more brittle. But also...I remember a day about a year ago when I bust three props in one day...and was highly pissed. It was my own fault for launching the the drop vertical. So I learned not to do that. :-)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yani, on the Pitch Coupling, getting this perfect on every flight is difficult. Every time you put the battery on the plane, the battery gets moved a MM forward, or back, and can affect how the KE flight goes. Pretty much all on planes except BIG IMAC birds...you learn that this changes and you get on the sticks to make the adjustments.

- RC
Dec 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Carlton
Yani, on the Pitch Coupling, getting this perfect on every flight is difficult. Every time you put the battery on the plane, the battery gets moved a MM forward, or back, and can affect how the KE flight goes. Pretty much all on planes except BIG IMAC birds...you learn that this changes and you get on the sticks to make the adjustments.

- RC
thanks for the help but the question was actually from mexico. i mixed out the tiny bit of coupling my 48inch juka had and its amazing to fly, now if only i could actually get it in the air without a 20 mph wind i might actually look good flying it!

mexico, have you tried mixing it?
Dec 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
20% Elev to rudder was still not enough to mix it out and it so I just don't fly KE much when I fly the Juka. The pitch to canopy is VERY pronounced. I have moved the batts all over the place without much affect. I have given up on trying to fix it and simply fly it as it is. Sounds as if it is specific to my model and not the design. Maybe after this weeks repairs it will magically vanish.

I ask about Elmer's because I have it and ran out of Sumo. And I have found epoxy to get brittle in the cold.

And of course yesterday's dork took out the prop as well as the motor mount, hunk of foam holding the pack and a wing tip. That's what you get for rolling in a crosswind, near the ground, too far out with a heavier than usual pack in the cold. Other than that conditions were optimal.
Dec 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico
20% Elev to rudder was still not enough to mix it out and it so I just don't fly KE much when I fly the Juka. The pitch to canopy is VERY pronounced. I have moved the batts all over the place without much affect. I have given up on trying to fix it and simply fly it as it is. Sounds as if it is specific to my model and not the design. Maybe after this weeks repairs it will magically vanish.

I ask about Elmer's because I have it and ran out of Sumo. And I have found epoxy to get brittle in the cold.

And of course yesterday's dork took out the prop as well as the motor mount, hunk of foam holding the pack and a wing tip. That's what you get for rolling in a crosswind, near the ground, too far out with a heavier than usual pack in the cold. Other than that conditions were optimal.

sorry to hear about the crash, luckily its foam and easy to put together most of the time. i really cant say anything about the coupling as i only have the 48inch juka but i think i have 5 or 6% in one direction and 2 or 3% in the other, maybe yours has a warp somewhere or something wasnt glued straight. hope you work it out.
Dec 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
Not even going to worry about the coupling. Just having fun flying it. I need to see some posted pics of the nose. 3 of the 4 attachment points for the motor mount are gone. Once I figure out how to reattach the motor mount she will be good to go.
Dec 17, 2008, 01:45 AM
I would consider contacting Mike Morgan at DW Foamies for a new Nose Kit. He should have have these. - RC
Dec 17, 2008, 08:27 AM
It looks like the missing bits of nose are not vital. The pieces that the mount seat against are luckily still intact. Is there an easy way to remove old epoxy from depron without damaging the foam? I would like to make sure the motor mount is glued to foam and not old glue.
Dec 18, 2008, 09:11 PM
Scott, would you be able to give me some insight on the maneuver between 2:25 and 2:32 of the video? i've seen it in a few videos and think it looks amazing but have no idea what input is needed.
Dec 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yani
Scott, would you be able to give me some insight on the maneuver between 2:25 and 2:32 of the video? i've seen it in a few videos and think it looks amazing but have no idea what input is needed.
It is called a rolling spin. I've been working on it for a while and am just now getting to the point that it is solid. It is basically a steep descending rolling harrier. I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the inputs beyond that, but am coming up with a blank.

Scott
Dec 18, 2008, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx
It is called a rolling spin. I've been working on it for a while and am just now getting to the point that it is solid. It is basically a steep descending rolling harrier. I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the inputs beyond that, but am coming up with a blank.

Scott
if you're just now getting it, then i'm years from it! it looks great though
Dec 19, 2008, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx

Scott
I have been trying to learn it as well. I had not seen the maneuver until relatively recently. There is an article in one of the rc mags explaining the inputs. It is posted on an FG thread. It sounds like the same inputs as a rolling harrier except done on the downline. It is a little hard to practice since every one requires a long vertical climb followed by what seems like an all too short downline. I have not had much success so far flying one that looks anything like what it is supposed to look like.
Dec 19, 2008, 09:30 AM
the few times i've tried it, i'd give it rolling harrier inputs but it just pulls out and goes into a rolling harrier, which looks good regardless but not what i want!

Quick Reply