Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by Bob Chiang
Discussion

Another Twin Boom pusher AP plane

Hi all,

I wasn't sure whether to post pictures of my latest model here or in the foamies section, so here's a link:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post10827485

-Bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by Andy W
I *REALLY* like the open framework "fuselage" underneath the wing. Protects the equipment but leaves a lot of options for mounting.

I've thought about a twin-boom but this design might just be what I need to get one started!

Nicely done!
..a
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by Envision
Troy
I really like it. Nice simple idea.

Keep us posted.

Troy
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by rud-elev
Bob,

A very cleaver design - simplicity and function.

R/E
Old Nov 01, 2008, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Bob Chiang
Thanks guys.

I tried to think of a minimal structure that would hold the camera, power system, wing and tail all moving in close formation For a fast builder (which I am not), this model would go together really quickly.

I posted a maiden flight report on the other thread. It was too windy to trim it out, but it flys very well.

Troy: you should know that your twin boom design is part of the inspiration for this one, so thank you.

-Bob
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:46 AM
Find More Posts by Envision
Troy
No problem Bob, Your design made me wonder how light I could build it using carbon fiber tubes.

Troy