Oct 28, 2008, 06:07 AM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Idea

Sea too far away? Loch dried up? Then make an Aquagallo! Puddle Jumper Extrordinaire

Hi Guys/Girls,

A natural progression from my version of the fabulous Gymallo , the 'Alogallo' has a new minime version, with oversize boots on. Here is the new kid brother, built to the original Gymallo size.
The Aquagallo, a very easy to build and fly poolflyer, has a low componant count too. just a few small pieces of Depron foam, some balsa and a couple of 1/4" dia wood rods for the spars and keel. Don't cut up the best table cloth for the sail , any kite fabric or plastic wraping paper works too. CoG is 30%MAC roughly, but do have a large rudder throw for slow speeds. Glide angle about 1:5 power off. Climb angle 1:1 on the max stop. Read the attached pdf. for the Gymallo/Rogallo kite and make it any size you want, keep it in proportion though when scaling up/down.
The floats are off my resting Hyperbipe. Marvellous stuff that 5min epoxy. After the test vid was made, I took off my heidcam and went for just one more circuit, wak wak ooops! Splashed all the electrics on landing, so they are out on the washing line for a good drying, after a flush under the cold tap, ho hum.

Aquagallo videoette.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7VjkOlX2M

regards to all, Al
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2008, 10:30 AM
MaineFlyer
Hi Al,
Another great flyer!!

You did good! But what else is new!!

Joe
Oct 29, 2008, 05:32 AM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Hello Joe,

Thanks mate, not a lot new, just plodding on.
Trying to get to grips with this FPV set up. Doing some experimental stuff like my Ekranoplan, an EE Lightning that won't fly right. I need to get another battery into the Stranraer for more forward CoG sometime. Just the usual mate.
Work has been very busy so I'm not in the mood to get stuck in, at the moment, seem to have backed myself into a wee corner, must down to the sea again.
How about you? I guess your weather is tightening it's winter grip, we have tons of snow and cold at home my dear wife says.

regards Al
Oct 29, 2008, 06:22 AM
MaineFlyer
Hi Al,
Not doing much at the moment. Rainy and blustery out at the moment. I should be getting the WAA-08 plane to fly probably today - just will need some quite weather. Sort of burnt out. Still have a Page 80" Supercub to sand and cover.

Also working with my Mallard a bit trying to iron out the problem of water getting into the prop on takeoff. Since I flew it from snow first, I forgot to add the "splash Guards" to the hull so now am in the process of doing that.

I have already got one buddy interested in this latest creation of yours!!

Keep up the good work! Always look forward to your projects.

Joe
WAA-08 Pilot #51
Oct 31, 2008, 12:39 AM
Closed Account
Thread OP

Energy saving 'Flying pedalo?

Hi ABFS,

Somehow I get the feeling a 'Pedalo' rental guy is looking for them, maybe he went to get ice cream at the beach shop, and when he got back.....?
Could be an economy device, just look for guys with 'Popeye' muscles on their legs.
Seriously, looks good, wonder how it handles compared to the two float version.

regards to all, Al
Oct 31, 2008, 02:42 AM
Last step in the evolutionary chain ?

Congrats on another great project

Cheers, Joćo

Quick Reply