Oct 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
Trader Rating: 204
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Thread OP
Rave

Check Out the cool "new" Sailplane bag that jtlsf5 (Jim Thomas of Folsom CA) sold me!

jtlsf5 (Jim Thomas of Folsom CA) sold me the "new" Kennedy sailplane bag pictured. He thinks that me eating $25 in shipping charges (both ways) is a fair price for the chance to personally inspect this bag and that I should trust him to send a $125 refund.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935829

The hairs are from his dog. Seams are pulling apart in 3 places. There is a 1" cut/tear in the lower left corner below and to the left of the fuse sock portion of the bag. The inside contains assorted grass and weed stalks and a deceased insect. Bonus! He did own up to it being used and owning a dog. He ignored repeated offers to send him pictures of the damage and just ignored the existence of the cut/tear. After two days of “sparring” via PMs he decided to stop communicating.

Treat this guy like an eBay seller. He acts as one.
Last edited by Tim Wolff; Dec 07, 2008 at 11:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2008, 01:29 AM
Trader Rating: 39
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
1. Post all his PM's to you about the bag here.
2. Send the bag back and ask for a refund. Including shipping since he misrepresented the bags condition. Make sure signature is required.
3. File a complaint with PayPal.
4. If he doesn't refund all your money, file a report with the police for mail fraud.
Oct 28, 2008, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
1. Possibly
2. No way I'm putting my money and the bag in his hands again. He's proven himself unworthy of my trust or respect. He's also been unwavering in that he is not refunding any of the inital or return shipping cost should I return the bag.
3. Paid with a MO
4. Legal action is a bit much and could easily cost more than the bag. It's not worth it to me. "Karma" will probably take care of it in the long run. I gave him two options other than his "return the bag and eat the $25 shipping". The fourth option is this blog thread. I assured him I would not be "moving on". I'm not through with him by a damn sight.
Oct 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
Make sure you give him a negative rating for the transaction.
Oct 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Treat this guy like an eBay seller. He acts as one.
As an avid ebay seller I must admit that I resent that remark

I met Jim at Visalia this year and must admit that I'm surprized your deal has gone down this way. I hope there is an amicable resolution.

Clay
Oct 28, 2008, 08:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayH
As an avid ebay seller I must admit that I resent that remark

I met Jim at Visalia this year and must admit that I'm surprized your deal has gone down this way. I hope there is an amicable resolution.

Clay
I wanted nothing more than an amicable resolution. But, I'm not going to throw away $25 in shipping charges. If I didn't feel that the condition of the bag was misrepresented, I wouldn’t have asked for a refund or partial compensation. Had the true condition been disclosed, I wouldn’t have paid what I did. A new bag from Kennedy is only $10 more (with shipping) than I paid for the bag pictured.

Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends sell on eBay
The eBay thing comes from having cultivated a distrust of eBay sellers that use a single fuzzy picture and require one to specifically ask if the NIB, new, mint item is in any way damaged, faded, scratched, chipped, broken, glued, painted, incomplete, repaired, fake, or otherwise not exactly as new. I’m used to doing so there. I never thought I had to do so here, until recently.
Last edited by Tim Wolff; Oct 28, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Oct 28, 2008, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
Gee. I wonder who this could be:

Please review your post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An RCGroups user has reported one of your posts.

The user has alleged that your post has violated one of the site rules.

At this time, none of the site staff have had an opportunity to review this allegation. If the staff review the report and determine that a rule has been violated, they will issue a warning point and/or ask you to edit your post to remove the offending content.

Please take time to review your post and verify to your satisfaction that none of the site rules have been broken. No action is required on your part unless you wish to edit your post prior to the admin's review.

The reported post can be found at the following link:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...15#post10818315

Your post was reported for violating the following rule: Personal Attack

More information about this rule, and all the other rules, can be found on the RCGroups Rules Page.

Gee, I wonder who this could be??

Personal Attack: The author has attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance.

I suppose an eBay seller could consider it insulting, but a personal attack?

EDIT: For the record. This report has gone exactly NOWHERE to date. Nice try Jim
Last edited by Tim Wolff; Nov 10, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Oct 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah I find the rules here on the forum a little lame at times.
Oct 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Up Up and Away!
oh man!!! I feel your pain!!!!

Atleast, the guy selling the should have inlcuded it was used and some places ripped for a much lower price!!!
Oct 30, 2008, 09:38 AM
Trader Rating: 9
Even after bagging on us ebay sellers.

I hope it works out for you in the long run.

Note to self always use paypal!!!

Bob
Oct 30, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
"bagging" LOL!
Nov 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thread OP
Evidently Jim Thomas has changed his opinion of our transaction since he left trader feedback on Oct. 14th and left me a second feedback today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5
Beware dealing with this worthless piece of garbage. PM me for details.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/trad...gs.php?u=12175

Only one allowed per transaction as far as I know.

Furthermore, I'm fairly certain that a post like that in the forum would earn the poster a warning once it was reported.
Last edited by Tim Wolff; Nov 17, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Nov 18, 2008, 12:50 PM
Thread OP

Waaaaah!

Quoted from:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955493

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5
Complaint - Turnabout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warning point issued is not fair or reasonable. The person in question issued a personal attack on me in his blog, and refers readers to this item in his feedback left on me. Please review both then make your decision..
Nov 18, 2008, 04:15 PM
Trader Rating: 53
top enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
Evidently Jim Thomas has changed his opinion of our transaction since he left trader feedback on Oct. 14th and left me a second feedback today:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/trad...gs.php?u=12175

Only one allowed per transaction as far as I know.

Furthermore, I'm fairly certain that a post like that in the forum would earn the poster a warning once it was reported.
You can request the the mod review unfair feedback
Nov 18, 2008, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
That request has been made. I currently have 2 feedbacks for this transaction.
Last edited by Tim Wolff; Nov 18, 2008 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply