Oct 26, 2008, 07:07 PM
RIP Maharushie
Thread OP
Discussion

Show your RC rescue boat

Now that I'm hooked on FE boats I realise that the most important thing to have is a way to retrieve or right your race boat. One of the guys in our group built a boat out of a slab of foam that is shaped like a U , it has a forward only RC system and has been vary useful to us over the Summer. The flat deck is great for setting our buoys out also but there is much room for improvement. I am thinking of a pontoon type boat that has a tug drive setup with good power forward and reverse with a flat deck and some sort of ramp or device ,up front ,to flip a broached boat upright, sometimes if we get the U boat positioned just right we can push on a flipped boat and it will pop over. I want to be able to deploy a snag of some sort to pull in a disabled boat as well.

I am not wanting to reinvent the wheel here , there must be some fine looking rescue boats out there because of so many SV27's

Earl the Electrician
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
KC8WPF
Have you used the search function yet? Lots of hits for rescue boat, retrieval boat, tow hook, tow line, and other.
Also take a look at:
Springer
Atlantic tug
Scale boats "Data Links" sticky list
Oct 27, 2008, 01:33 AM
I rather like the 8' dingy w/ trolling motor...
Oct 27, 2008, 07:50 AM
**NOT GUILTY**

Ok...I'll bite cause I love my tug!

She is a highly modified Atlantic harbor tugboat that does rescue and buoy duty.

Crash
Oct 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
RIP Maharushie
Thread OP
Nice Tug Crash! we run at a city park with Tug Guys every other week or so and a disabled boat is set upon by every tug in the water. Those Tug Guys are so Pushy

Most lakes we run would not allow a dingy

Earl the Electrician
Last edited by Duke58; Oct 27, 2008 at 11:52 AM.
Oct 27, 2008, 11:09 AM
What is this a center for ants
Here is my, "Sheetboat hunter killer/go-fast/Rescue boat", in action.

In rescue mode.
Oct 27, 2008, 12:00 PM
Is life for real?
Geez CG, Capt. Crash, avid and I was going to say check the scale boats section.... Boo
Oct 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke58
but there is much room for improvement.
Earl the Electrician

Ghost
Oct 27, 2008, 12:56 PM
RIP Maharushie
Thread OP
Ghost show us a photo of the U boat, I thought I had one but there is just a glimpse on a video

Earl the Electrician
Oct 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover

Oct 27, 2008, 02:33 PM
You just want to make fun of my ugly blue foam boat. Here's an early pic before the tupperware lid was added and before Dana chopped his prop signature into the sponsons ...
Ghost
Oct 27, 2008, 02:50 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Here's this old thing. It's been used for real on more than one occasion now.
Boogie Board Rescue Boat Mark 2 (0 min 45 sec)

And when it's not being used for rescues???
Boogie Board rescue boat Mk 3 (0 min 56 sec)

Cheers.
Paul.
Oct 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
RIP Maharushie
Thread OP
Wow Paul! lets see, differential thrust DF's w/reversing esc's ? ( also helps fire up the BBQ) are the motors brushed ? Gotta love the hack on the ole boogie board!

Earl the Electrician
Oct 27, 2008, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats
Here's this old thing. It's been used for real on more than one occasion now.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpHQi-456c
And when it's not being used for rescues???
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0JRuxilY0
Cheers.
Paul.
The boogie board retriever was where I got the inspiration for my "boat".I hope Earl gets enough inspiration here to build a retriever as at least once in the recent past we've had to retrieve the retrieval boat due to a discharged rx battery.Luckily it was close enough that the overhead cast retrieval device was effective
Ghost

Quick Reply