Oct 25, 2008, 08:51 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Thread OP
Discussion

Blue Plaid Squadron Memo !!!!

Hi Guys,

As one of the senior founding members of the Blue Plaid Squadron, I feel it is nessessary from time to time to bring certain things to your attention. Case in point. As the dark cold days of Winter are fast approaching, except for Nick and Grant in New Zealand, flannel blue plaid shirts are now on sale in dept. stores everywhere.
However, as I was shopping today, I also noticed that flannel blue plaid pajamas are on sale as well. Thier just perfect for those long cold Winter days in the building room. A perfect accessory to those would be a new pair of sheep skin slippers from Kiwi Sheepskin in New Zealand, right Nick ? So get out before they are all gone, and snap up a pair for yourself. Here I am in the building room in my new blue plaid jammies and slippers. Carry on men. Cheers.

Bob in Blue Plaid Squadron Headquaters in Seattle
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2008, 09:09 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Well, as you say summer's coming down here, Bob, so I'm going to run out and buy myself a pair of blue plaid speedos. I'll post a pic of myself in them just as soon as the snow melts.

Nick
Oct 25, 2008, 10:12 PM
Bob, what some executives won't do in the upper chain of command.......

Nick, Now that really is some visual. Thanks for pre warning us......would be funny to see. You have any hot springs down there? Like the new avitar. Very cool!

Lyle
Oct 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycruiser
Well, as you say summer's coming down here, Bob, so I'm going to run out and buy myself a pair of blue plaid speedos. I'll post a pic of myself in them just as soon as the snow melts.

Nick
Hhmmm, NO Thanks!
Dave.
Oct 26, 2008, 01:18 AM
Who said Kiwi's can't fly!
Dave, ill second that!

Grant..
Oct 26, 2008, 06:00 AM
Hahaha!
Oct 26, 2008, 07:32 AM
Are those flannel speedos? Made of some fine NZ wool no doubt? Better find yourself some anti-chafe powder...
Oct 26, 2008, 08:04 AM
Super Secret Agent
The whole "Speedo" visual at 9AM is a little rough on the system.

Excuse me fellas....I think I'm feeling a little queasy....
Oct 26, 2008, 09:20 AM
geek from Cow Pie AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycruiser

Nick
NO NO NO

I already have visual trauma from accidently seeing (Castle Creation's website) Jurgen Heilig flying a plane in a speedo (Jurgen, not the plane )

It gets cold here at night, and I got blue plaid shirt at Costco, so maybe Meyer1811 can give a visual confirmation of that if I see him out flying this morning- still digital camera-ignorant here.
Oct 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Bob,

You crack me up...

Nick - ahhhhhh..., no thanks.

Cheers,

Rob
Oct 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Thread OP
The ledgondary Blue Plaid Squadron goes on !!!!!

Bob in Seattle
Oct 26, 2008, 01:24 PM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Yea, but where's it going to ????????????????

Ed
Oct 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTilly
Are those flannel speedos? Made of some fine NZ wool no doubt? Better find yourself some anti-chafe powder...
No, we're real southern men down here in S. Canterbury. We make our speedos out of raw wool, if they start to get too comfy after a while we stuff some stinging nettles down them.

Reminds me of a joke we played on a mate back in my surfer days. We have a liniment for aching muscles called "Deep Heat" down here. I believe the equivalent in the US is called "IcyHot". Anyway, it has cayenne pepper in it amongst other things. So some mates and I had planned a surfing weekend, Ivan had a lousy cold but he wanted to go anyway. Now Ivan preferred to go commando in his wetsuit, because he said he didn't like swimwear or underwear bunching up under the wetsuit. We turned up at this beach at daybreak, absolutely beautiful waves, and in spite of his cold, Ivan was hopping from one foot to the other with excitement. Anyway, we managed to keep him distracted long enough to smear a whole tube of deepheat in the crotch of his wetsuit. Because he had a cold he couldn't smell a thing. He did a quick change behind the car, not really noticing that we were just standing around watching him. He zipped up his wetsuit, grabbed his board then stopped dead as a stunned expression came over his face. Then he grabbed his crotch, let out an almighty howl, and sprinted for the water. I swear you could see a cloud of steam when he jumped in! We were rolling on the sand laughing our heads off.
Oct 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
That's just good clean fun.
Oct 27, 2008, 12:41 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Hey Bob,
Dare I say it, I actually heard a plausible reason for V-tails. Here in SoCal where we fly there's a lot of brush in the landing area (cow%#&* as well), and my friend say's that the V-tail is less prone to brush damage .
I still don't think I want one! I fly a Dream-flight Weasel pro, a foam wing that will really take a beating and still fly great! I also thermal it!
Dave.

Quick Reply