This thread is privately moderated by YarSmythe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Build Log

New Project: GWS C-47

When I look back over the years, The Douglas DC-3/C-47 was not a plane I ever thought about. My true love has been the P-38 Lightning since I was a little kid. But about 4-5 years ago I read a story about the DC-3 and saw one up close at an airshow. When I discovered how special they are and how well they've stood up to time, I got the itch.

7 months ago, I saw a C-47 fly over my house and had to follow it. I grabbed my son, threw him (and a camera) in the car, and drove to an airport nearby where I assumed it was heading. Sure enough, there it was...a C-47 staring right at me. After taking several photos of it, I knew it was time to add one to my fleet.

I didn't want to scratch build one so I opted to get the basic GWS C-47 model. With this size foam kit you get a lot of room to play, nice scale looks, and the ability to upgrade the power system very easily. It just seemed like a logical choice. And now that I've purchased a lot of airbrushing equipment, painting this sucker should be fun.

And so begins my attempt to duplicate the paint scheme of the AC-47 "Spooky" that flew over my house. More to come...

-Lee
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2008, 04:53 AM
Real Time Recon
Special she was.Top photo 1969 Phang-Rang AFB Viet Nam...RTR

Quick Reply