Oct 22, 2008, 09:53 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
Thread OP
Discussion

Venom Ozone 3ch Heli TRU $69.99

Haven't seen or heard anything on this one yet....

Product Description
The New Venom Ozone helicopter is designed to give the 1st time flyer true R/C flight the very first time flying. It's counter rotating main blades and the fully controllable tail rotor allows for real heli flight characteristics whether you are a seasoned veteran of flight or first time pilot. The Ozone comes completely ready to fly with a 3 channel transmitter, 7.4v 450mah Lithium Polymer battery, and custom wall charger. Requires 4 AA batteries for the transmitter.
Last edited by Jay-viator; Oct 22, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2008, 10:11 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
Thread OP
7.4 450mah lipo is nice
Oct 22, 2008, 10:15 PM
ooops
Still only 3 channel. Bad karma for heli's
Oct 22, 2008, 10:30 PM
I saw their two channel Mantis heli at TRU and it looked too much like a two-thirds scale replica of a Double Horse (formerly known as "Syma") Dragonfly, enough so that I assumed it was essentially the same schlocky crud, originating from the same Chinese sweatshop assemblylines.

However, there's a thread elsewhere on rcgroups in which somebody from the UK mentioned getting an Ozone and liking it very much once his initial problem with a bum TX got sorted out.

Also, in reading a bit about the company on their site,

http://www.venom-group.com/index.asp

...it's easy to get the impression that maybe, just maybe, Venom is a cut above Knock-Off/Rip-Off operations such as Double Horse. If anybody out there has purchased Venom's two-channel Mantis, it would be interesting to know whether it suffers from the same maladies that make the Double Horse Dragonfly and its many look-alikes, such as the Hover-Lites Helicopter, essentially unflyable.

Maiden Voyage of the Double Horse Dragonfly RC Helicopter (0 min 30 sec)

Warning: The above video clip contains strong language. Parental discretion is advised if you happen to be a total wuss, intent on raising your kids to be even bigger wusses.
Oct 22, 2008, 10:34 PM
Did I say that guy was in the UK?

D-ohhhh! East Perth is in Australia, isn't it?

Hey, cut me some slack- that's still part of the Commonwealth, and they do recognize the United Kingdom's monarch as their queen...

Hey, at least I know these things. That's more than you can say for most yankees.
Oct 22, 2008, 10:45 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
Man what a POScrap! Would take a football field like area to safely fly that thing.

Maiden Voyage of the Double Horse Dragonfly RC Helicopter (0 min 30 sec)
Last edited by modfly; Oct 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Oct 22, 2008, 10:49 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-viator
Haven't seen or heard anything on this one yet....

Product Description
The New Venom Ozone helicopter is designed to give the 1st time flyer true R/C flight the very first time flying. It's counter rotating main blades and the fully controllable tail rotor allows for real heli flight characteristics whether you are a seasoned veteran of flight or first time pilot. The Ozone comes completely ready to fly with a 3 channel transmitter, 7.4v 450mah Lithium Polymer battery, and custom wall charger. Requires 4 AA batteries for the transmitter.
looks like a one shot pony..what do you do when you need rotor blades or parts? Wait..I know..the heli becomes parts Looks like it would be fun to try though. At that price you can almost get a Lama coax 4 channel. I personally would pass. I bet there will be many returns on that one.
Oct 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
Thread OP
HAHAHA, love the vid!!!!!
Oct 23, 2008, 04:47 AM
lmao at the vid
Oct 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
Flying motor mount master
That vid reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite!!!

lol

"stupid"
Nov 17, 2008, 05:21 PM
The ozone is not a "one shot pony". there are replacement parts available at tower. I work at a hobby shop and have recently just started selling the ozone and they seem to be great for beginners. I personally don't own one as I don't like the rudder being on the right stick but I have flown one for customers and was actually suprised at how well they fly.
Nov 21, 2008, 07:55 PM
Flyboy, Torx and Jay-viator, thanx for enjoying my video!

DJ Insane, thanks for the info. It's good to know that if, for example, that thing was to suddenly be on sale or something, buying it would not be a complete mistake.
Dec 09, 2008, 08:36 PM

Nice disposable heli

I bought one of these, learned to fly somewhat with it, and crashed it once too many times. Then I bought another and now use the first one for parts.

The lack of a fourth channel is a bummer, and you can't fight anything but the faintest breath of wind outside. But they are fun enough, put up with a lot of abuse, and are inexpensive.
Apr 17, 2009, 06:36 PM
Regarding the Double Horse Dragonfly, I am now the category lead for RC Helicopters (and also for Godzilla toys) on a new Web site that seeks to compete with eBay. Last night I noticed that somebody's trying to sell the Dragonfly Helicraptor on the site, so I sent the following message to the powers-that-be:

Quote:
Hello,

I am the category owner for the RC Helicopters category. I have a question, and I'm not sure who to ask.

Regarding this product listing,

http://www.wigix.com/index.php/item/...ROL-HELICOPTER

As somebody who is very familiar with RC helicopters, I recognize the above-listed product to be one of the worst on the market; it simply does not work as advertised, and I have never known anybody to purchase one and not regret their decision.

My question is, how should I handle this? What, if anything, should I do about it? Please understand that I'm not trying to cast aspersions upon the seller, who may very well be a wholesaler/drop-shipper who has never actually used the product and is not attempting to rip anybody off.

What is our responsibility here, and what, if anything, should I do about it?

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,

Brendan
Apr 20, 2009, 01:13 AM
I got a response this morning:

Quote:
Hi Brendan,

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

We fully understand that you do not want to offend the seller/owner
with this concern and also, it is hard for us block this listing
simply because the product is not as good as it describes. Our
suggestion is that keep the listing as is and if some buyer or member
comes to your, the CE, for any suggestions or guidance, you can let
him/her know your option about it.

Kindly advise. Thank you!
Well, I tried.

Sigh.

Quick Reply