Feb 19, 2003, 02:46 PM
Thread OP

MiniFlash- the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Seriously, what do you all think about it? Pros, cons? I am thinking of using the motor off of a SS on a MiniFlash: EPS 300 D. I was thinking of the Switchback, but many felt this power system wouldn't be a good match. What do you think?

This would be my first kit. Even all of my glow planes have been ARFs. Lazy, lazy.

bugleboy
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2003, 03:28 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Base the choice between the MiniFlash and the Switchback on how you want to fly. The SB is faster and the MF is more close in 3Dish.

Doug
Feb 19, 2003, 03:28 PM
Deep Sea
Do a search on both planes and you will find more information than you can digest. I have both and they are completely different planes - and I love them both. Get the one that fits the flying style you are looking for and you won't be disappointed .
Eric
Feb 20, 2003, 04:49 AM
With The Miniflash it is just not close in flying But you can do IN YOUR FACE Type flying Some of the most exciting flying IMHO

Kush
Feb 20, 2003, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by kushal_2
With The Miniflash it is just not close in flying But you can do IN YOUR FACE Type flying Some of the most exciting flying IMHO

Kush
Which takes less room to fly, the MF or the SB (sport wing)? Not that room is an issue, but I like to fly up close!

I like mild acrobatics, loops, rolls, etc (no hoovering, torque rolling, etc.). I am not really into 3D, yet. Probably because I don't have enough nerve. I enjoy just cruising around with the occasional trick thrown in.

That kind of describes the way I like to fly; MF or SB?

bugleboy
Last edited by bugleboy; Feb 20, 2003 at 02:01 PM.
Feb 20, 2003, 03:30 PM
Relearning how to crash.....
I have flown my miniflash in a baseball field area.

I can't say it was real fun (nervewracking) but it can be done.
Feb 20, 2003, 03:39 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
bugleboy,

The way you describe your flying, I think you'd prefer the SB Sport. It is aerobatic but cruises well. The MiniFlash has to be "flown" more.

Doug
Feb 20, 2003, 04:01 PM
Which ever one you choose will be a great first kit. Nice wood, excellent parts fit. I would try the Switchback first. Bob
Feb 20, 2003, 08:57 PM
You heard it right from the Horses mouth(Coclimber) is THE person who builds the kits
Feb 21, 2003, 12:08 AM
Relearning how to crash.....
Doug is absolutely right.

The MF has a fairly short tailmoment and big surfaces.
Even well trimmed you need to stay on top of it at
all times.

I have much faster planes that require much less attention
than the miniflash.

However it does slow down well. Especially if you have flaps
rigged like I do But you had better have some way of trimming
in some up elevator when you deploy the flaps or whoa dive, dive, dive. In reality I don't use the flaps but about 1 flight out of 10, and then it is kinda just for the cool factor.

I also agree with Doug that this plane (MF) is for cranking and banking.
After 8-10 minutes of flight I need a break from concentrating.

Quick Reply