Oct 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
Shut up and fly
missing one ghost shipping help

m/flying_photos.
Last edited by papabatman; Oct 24, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Kudos to HL for continuing to come up with new and creative marketing tricks, this is a cool game Unfortunately we're getting slammed by the economy and my R/C budget has shriveled to a mere shadow of its former greatness, so until HL has a 75% ( ) off sale it looks like I won't be buying
Oct 24, 2008, 04:22 PM
Epic Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman
missing one ghost shipping help

m/flying_photos.
if you havnt found it yet, the date is a number before 31 and the month is after holloween
Oct 24, 2008, 04:38 PM
Too Clever!
Oct 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
Shut up and fly
Your Shopping Cart use only one at a time
Last edited by papabatman; Oct 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM.
Oct 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
that's a great deal! But I was just searching for the things I needed. Unless all those savings can be combined on single purchases, I'm out priced.
Oct 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
Those are the 5 ghosts, but beware, only 1 can be used per order. Don't expect to get a $220 plane for $31. HL will pick one that applies (given their great customer service probably the one most favorable to you) and disregard the others. (I'm fairly certain papabatman knows this, but someone else reading his post could get a nasty surprise on their CC bill).

BTW, there is a "6th" ghost, that has existed for some time (you could call it the "0th" ghost). I discovered it a few months ago. This one doesn't have a ghost image. It's scope is broad, like ghosts 1 through 4, and the purchase amount to trigger the discount is lower than ghost 1. I think I used it once. It's still there as of this morning. Happy Hunting.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Thank You Hobby Lobby!

Regards,

Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman
Your Shopping Cart

Qty. Item Description Price Ea. Total

AT7601 - MUSTANG P51D RTF SALE $179.90 $179.90

FREESHIP - FREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50 $-8.99 $-8.99

SAVE15 - SAVE $15 ON IN-STOCK ORDERS OVER $100 $-15.00 $-15.00

SAVE50 - SAVE $50 ON IN-STOCK ORDERS OVER $250 $-50.00 $-50.00

SAVE75 - SAVE $75 ON IN-STOCK ORDERS OVER $325 $-75.00 $-75.00

Subtotal $ 30.91
Oct 26, 2008, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunom15
Those are the 5 ghosts, but beware, only 1 can be used per order. Don't expect to get a $220 plane for $31. HL will pick one that applies (given their great customer service probably the one most favorable to you) and disregard the others. (I'm fairly certain papabatman knows this, but someone else reading his post could get a nasty surprise on their CC bill).

BTW, there is a "6th" ghost, that has existed for some time (you could call it the "0th" ghost). I discovered it a few months ago. This one doesn't have a ghost image. It's scope is broad, like ghosts 1 through 4, and the purchase amount to trigger the discount is lower than ghost 1. I think I used it once. It's still there as of this morning. Happy Hunting.

Regards,

Bruno

If their order page allows you to apply any or all of these discounts then shoudn't they honor them? Yeah I know they say you can't combine them but some people don't read the fine print when they're all excited about getting a great deal until after they have placed thier order...like me

My order was for about $270 and by applying 4 of those discounts I got it down to around $200....but I guess they'll change it now.

Anyway, will they contact you with a new total before charging your CC?
Oct 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunom15

Regards,

Bruno
Is it the "page not found ghost"? It works well for small orders
Also for the ghosts, after you find one it is easy to figure out the rest... just change the address bar a little
Oct 27, 2008, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer
Is it the "page not found ghost"? It works well for small orders
Also for the ghosts, after you find one it is easy to figure out the rest... just change the address bar a little
Bingo...

Don't give away too much! That won't work for the fifth ghost, but it's pretty easy to find anyway.

Regards,

Bruno
Oct 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
Definetly good marketing, I enjoyed taking part in it, even though I was not in the market for buying anything right now. Kudos HL.
Oct 27, 2008, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing
If their order page allows you to apply any or all of these discounts then shoudn't they honor them? Yeah I know they say you can't combine them but some people don't read the fine print when they're all excited about getting a great deal until after they have placed thier order...like me

My order was for about $270 and by applying 4 of those discounts I got it down to around $200....but I guess they'll change it now.

Anyway, will they contact you with a new total before charging your CC?
Hey JookSing,

I feel for you, but Hobby Lobby is a business. TANSTAAFL. I don't know if they will contact you before charging your CC. You might want to give them a call.

As for limiting the cart to one discount, they are in the hobby business, not the electronic commerce business. Frankly, their website, while pretty good, is not that sophisticated. If it were, then it's likely their "ghosts" would not be static. They would pop up dynamically, based on user browsing patterns, past purchase history (if they can ID the user), etc. They are probably putting their money (assuming they aren't losing their shirts in this economy) elsewhere.

Regards,

Bruno
Oct 27, 2008, 09:35 AM
Slow Flyer
Kudos to HL. It was fun, even though I was hoping you could use one of the "$X off $XXX" even though the item was already on sale.

Quote:
Yeah I know they say you can't combine them but some people don't read the fine print
There is nothing "fine" about the print. It is nice and bold.
Oct 27, 2008, 11:28 AM
Great idea, only wish I had more $$
Oct 28, 2008, 11:51 PM
I have more than 0 posts
Wow, good job HL, that was actually fun!

Quick Reply