Anxious to hear the answer.
Have a good weekend
Bob
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2017, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampbomber
Hi,
I have 2 Multi 4 chargers running V 1.67. I charge a lot of small 2S 120 mah packs during indoor flying. Can you tell me why both chargers will most times declare "cells no add up" msg requiring aseveral restarts? I monitor the cell voltages and they are always the esame within reason below 4.20v after discjharge but the msg comes up often on 1C, 2C or even 50 ma settings.
Thanks for the help.

George
The pins and sockets on the balance connectors are subject to minor corrosion. (This is true of all brands of charger and connectors.) When a little corrosion occurs the charger cannot see the true value of the individual cells and posts a Cells Do Not Add Up error. Cleaning all the contacts on your charger and balance connectors with an electronic contact cleaner should cure the problem. I use DeoxIT D5.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_8f6nrkjtnu_e

Glen
May 30, 2017, 04:24 AM
Glen,
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Bob,
Old thread but still being watched.
Last edited by Ampbomber; May 30, 2017 at 04:32 AM.
May 30, 2017, 07:13 AM
AMA 1042906
Quote:
Glen,
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Bob,
Old thread but still being watched.
Had this same problem also several years ago until I replaced the battery adapter after speaking with FMA. I mistakenly blamed the charger but since the new adapter have had no problems. Cleaning the pins and sockets on battery and adapter was not successful for me but you may experience different results.
Last edited by swimmer; May 30, 2017 at 07:22 AM.
May 30, 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
Had this same problem also several years ago until I replaced the battery adapter after speaking with FMA. I mistakenly blamed the charger but since the new adapter have had no problems. Cleaning the pins and sockets on battery and adapter was not successful for me but you may experience different results.
What do you mean "battery" adapter?
May 30, 2017, 08:21 AM
AMA 1042906
Quote:
What do you mean "battery" adapter?
Part number CP/GP/KO-US
May 30, 2017, 09:21 AM
OK, thanks for info. I'll try all suggestions.