Cellpro Multi4 Announced - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 29, 2008, 12:37 AM
Registered User
Presumably discharges using the balance circuitry. Perhaps tolerable for 900mA packs, unbearably slow for 4000mAh ones IMO!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
Registered User
I am particularly interested in the storage feature as it relates to discharge. Would I be able to hook up a pack that has 90% charge and select "storage" and it will discharge/balance to the storage charge %?
Nov 11, 2008, 06:38 AM
Registered User
nitrobeast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus
I am particularly interested in the storage feature as it relates to discharge. Would I be able to hook up a pack that has 90% charge and select "storage" and it will discharge/balance to the storage charge %?
I would say no, but that would be a great feature. Go out and fly, then put it on storage charge
Nov 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Would I be able to hook up a pack that has 90% charge and select "storage" and it will discharge/balance to the storage charge %?
I would believe so.
From Spec.


Quote:
11. 200 mA discharging and/or cycling available for all chemistries


Charles
Nov 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Howard Matos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I would say no, but that would be a great feature. Go out and fly, then put it on storage charge
Hi,

In the Multi4, when storage mode is initiated, the charger will measure the cell voltages and decide whether to invoke a charge or a discharge to the appropriate storage charge level.
Last edited by Howard Matos; Nov 11, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Nov 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos


Hi,

In the Multi4, when storage mode is initiated, the charger will measure the cell voltages and decide whether to invoke a charge or a discharge to the appropriate storage charge level.

Finally! I can't believe it's taken this long for a charger manufacturer to implement a storage feature that works like this. Hi storage and let it decide whether or not it needs to charge or discharge to for storage.
Nov 11, 2008, 08:17 PM
Intensely Calm
write2dgray's Avatar
It's a feature that the iChargers (106B+ and 1010B+) have had for some time. How much discharge power does the Multi4 have to accomplish this task? If it is only working with the small cell bleed rate intended for balancing work, this task could take many hours to achieve for even moderately sized/charged cells.
Nov 11, 2008, 08:19 PM
Registered User
Actually the Bantam BC6 has had this for a couple of years. The iCharger 106B/1010B also have had it since first release. I think the latest update for the Hyperion 0610i family introduced this behaviour too. I think there are probably others as well. The Cellpro chargers have brought us several innovations, but this isn't one of them.
Nov 11, 2008, 09:13 PM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
How much discharge power does the Multi4 have to accomplish this task?
As I quoted in post #34 200 mA. The Hyperion DUO only has 300 mA however the DUO 2 now has 50 watts per side(output). ThunderPower 1010C has had a selectable discharge to storage from day one (almost three years) but is only approx. 25 watts.


Charles
Nov 11, 2008, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Actually the Bantam BC6 has had this for a couple of years. The iCharger 106B/1010B also have had it since first release. I think the latest update for the Hyperion 0610i family introduced this behaviour too. I think there are probably others as well. The Cellpro chargers have brought us several innovations, but this isn't one of them.
As well as the BC-8 & 902 chargers. Not new functionality at all and as Charles said, the TP1010.
Dec 06, 2008, 11:07 AM
The Eh Team
Anyone know if the Multi4 is shipping now? FMA had been saying that it was coming Dec. 5. That day has come and gone.. Anyone know anything?
Dec 06, 2008, 09:24 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Fig Jam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eajohnson
Anyone know if the Multi4 is shipping now? FMA had been saying that it was coming Dec. 5. That day has come and gone.. Anyone know anything?
I think FMA have bigger things to worry about at the moment. Just remember if you order one don't use your credit card...

Mike
Dec 08, 2008, 10:21 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Howard Matos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eajohnson
Anyone know if the Multi4 is shipping now? FMA had been saying that it was coming Dec. 5. That day has come and gone.. Anyone know anything?
Hi,

The firmware and software are ready. Chargers have been sitting on the bench awaiting the plastic cases which have been delayed by a Chinese supplier. We are eager to move forward and we hope to receive word that the plastics have shipped "any day". We will advise customers as soon as we have updated information. So, we have done everything we can do to make schedules on our end. This matter is out of our control for the moment, but we do not think the delay will be long. We still have units available for sale from the first production run, but quantities are limited.
Dec 08, 2008, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
..... awaiting the plastic cases which have been delayed by a Chinese supplier. ........we have done everything we can do to make schedules on our end. This matter is out of our control for the moment..........
Glad to see it's business as usual at FMA and that the economy hasn't had an impact on your operations.
Dec 08, 2008, 11:19 AM
Suspended Account
Sisyphus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit
Glad to see it's business as usual at FMA and that the economy hasn't had an impact on your operations.

Spots on a leopard and all that...
Last edited by Sisyphus; Dec 08, 2008 at 11:45 AM.