This thread is privately moderated by praymond, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

fan fold clone of an EPP Eagle

Pics of wing construction and finished "bird"
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
Great looking bird! All she needs is eyes and it'll fool even the real ones

any thoughts of posting the build plans? maybe in .PDF or better yet, .DXF

I'll like to see this and try to cut it out on my Phlatprinter.

Tony
Oct 16, 2008, 04:17 AM
How do I change this text?
Nice job. I've been thinking of doing something similar. How does it fly?
Oct 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
What Canary?
I like the layered wings, quite ingenious! I can't tell by the pics, but does it have enough dihedral to turn well with the V-tail? What is the wingspan?

Keith
Sep 06, 2009, 03:48 PM
Addicted to flight since 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdragn
Great looking bird! All she needs is eyes and it'll fool even the real ones

any thoughts of posting the build plans? maybe in .PDF or better yet, .DXF

I'll like to see this and try to cut it out on my Phlatprinter.

Tony
Does anyone have a Phlatprinter file for this bird? I have the pdf and could trace one in Sketchup using that but it would sure be nice if someone has already done it. Nice looking bird. Thanks.
Sep 10, 2009, 02:42 AM
here's what I got. You'll have to rework it though. I never could get it to cut right on my machine.
Last edited by cptdragn; Sep 10, 2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: wrong file attached
Sep 10, 2009, 05:33 AM
Quote:
here's what I got. You'll have to rework it though. I never could get it to cut right on my machine.
Thanks a bunch. Did you have problems with the tabs? Give me some idea of the kind of problems you had and maybe I can rework the file to cut better.
Sep 11, 2009, 04:05 PM
Wasn't the tabs. It was the feathers. The code generated far too many cut lines. So many so that they started to run over themselves again and again. Ended up cutting places it should not have and others it should have.
Now that said, the guy that actually made the gcode files said his cuts great. You may want to try a sheet and see where your problems will be. The fault may be only with my machine.
Sep 11, 2009, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Wasn't the tabs. It was the feathers. The code generated far too many cut lines. So many so that they started to run over themselves again and again. Ended up cutting places it should not have and others it should have.
Now that said, the guy that actually made the gcode files said his cuts great. You may want to try a sheet and see where your problems will be. The fault may be only with my machine.
Thanks for that feedback. I know a guy with a Phlatprinter that cuts for me. I'll send him the file and ask him to do a test. I'll post how it all works out. Thanks again for the file and for your info about it.

Quick Reply