Anti-Meteorologist Rant Thread - Page 7 - RC Groups
Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 AM
How do I change this text?
I agree, Dan! I googled hubby king and it switched the search to hobby king. I had to click "search instead for hubby king" and here's what I got.

to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 12:14 AM
Time to sue every meteorologist in the state

Here's an interesting weather-related story. My father-in-law is a general contractor and he was called out today by the insurance company to look at a house in Davis County where the snow and ice had collapsed a patio awning. He gets to the house and realizes it's the house that I moved out of two years ago!

If I still lived in that house, I'd sue every meteorologist in the state. They've intentionally, willfully, knowingly, deliberately, wantonly, maliciously, and fiendishly put a lot of snow and ice on our roofs this winter.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:33 AM
Here's tonight's weather forecast:

Studio C - Five Day Weather Forecast (4 min 6 sec)
Jun 28, 2013, 02:52 PM
Admit it, don't you feel at least a little bit sorry for the Elvis impersonators out there in the desert heat?

Jun 29, 2013, 10:30 AM
What's the difference between Bigfoot and a reliable meteorologist?

Maybe someday we'll find Bigfoot.
Jun 29, 2013, 07:25 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
The true secret to predicting the weather.

A famous weatherman spends hours looking at the radar and visits an observatory and spends hours making observations. The weatherman looks at the stars and planets and phase of the moon then announces, ‘It’s going to rain.’ One of the anchor reporters remarks that the weatherman is one of the smartest people he has ever met. He then asks the weather man, "Do you always do this much work to make a prediction?"

"No, says the weatherman. "I know it is going to rain when my corns hurt."
Last edited by Lee; Jun 29, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
Jun 30, 2013, 10:20 PM
Nice one, Lee. I heard that that particular weatherman was on painkillers the week before Hurricane Sandy hit and predicted sunny skies and warm temps on the east coast for the whole week.
Oct 09, 2013, 04:12 PM
Even without a head, a meteorologist is still able to lie about the weather.

Last edited by Darth_Elevator; Aug 19, 2014 at 02:17 PM.
Aug 19, 2014, 02:16 PM
Lightning hits a meteorologist's house. Good job, lightning! Well done!

Some may call it IRONY.

Others might call it POETIC JUSTICE.

I simply call it PAYBACK.

Final score: Lightning 1, Meteorologist 0.

http://flnewscenter.com/?p=4351
Oct 20, 2014, 02:05 PM
This dog is my kind of dog! I love any dog who's inclined to make things difficult for a meteorologist, especially on the air!

Weatherman vs Dog News Blooper (1 min 45 sec)
Nov 21, 2017, 11:41 PM
A meteorologist, a weatherman, and a no-good dirty rotten stinkin' liar walk into a bar.

No, it's not three people. Just one.
Nov 21, 2017, 11:57 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Wowzers,

Darth is coming back to life just in time for the release of the next Star Wars Movie.

Great to hear from you!!!!
Nov 22, 2017, 12:23 AM
Thanks, Lee. Yup, the force has awakened me.

How are you and the Utah County flyers doing? Are any of the old gang still flying? I saw a recent Facebook post of L Mn and Finch kicking butt in a DLG competition.
Nov 22, 2017, 07:33 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Elevator
Thanks, Lee. Yup, the force has awakened me.

How are you and the Utah County flyers doing? Are any of the old gang still flying? I saw a recent Facebook post of L Mn and Finch kicking butt in a DLG competition.
Such a wild world we live in where good people go around kicking butts.

We are doing great. Since the sod farm now has 1000 houses built on it the group is not so organized. We had 35 show up for a spring swarm but the wind got us and only a few flew. We haven't had an organized event since then but I do still fly 1-3x week depending on work and weather. I have been power sloping and fly at the local AMA field. I would like to see the group get back together. We do have a place at the AMA field to swarm but it is AMA.
Nov 28, 2017, 12:01 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Cliff and others.... Come fly with us.

Hello all sWARm Flyers!!!

We are flying sWARms regularly at the Saratoga flying field. Come join us.

We are very lucky that years ago modelers in our area found and developed a flying field that is available to modelers without competition from soccer clubs or other groups. There is no city charge to fly at the field but Saratoga city requires AMA liability insurance to protect the city.

Ask Santa for your AMA insurance for Christmas and come fly with us this coming year. I did... https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx

The Saratoga field is a valuable resource. It is an excellent facility that has been developed over many years with isolation from neighbors, a paved runway, paved parking, grass, porta-potties, fresh water fountain, bleachers, pilot safety nets, a covered set up and work area and picnic tables. They even have a wood burning stove to help stay warm with winter time flying.

I have been flying at the Saratoga field almost every week. The clubs are welcoming us there. It is a gathering place to hang out with other flyers. Even on week days there are often 8-12 flyers flying at the field most good weather days and even more on Saturdays.

More on AMA insurance... When we tried to set up a sWARm in Eagle Mountain they wanted us to be insured to use their ball fields. The Point of the Mountain slope park is now requires AMA insurance. St George and other flying fields in our state are also AMA insured sites all for the same reason. Land owners want RC flyers to be insured to protect them from liability.

The Saratoga flying field has two separate flying areas at the field that can be used at the same time. RC planes are welcome at both areas. The helicopter field to the east is a little less developed but great for sWARm type flying. The east helicopter field is is available most days and we can schedule it for events. This keeps us away from the river which I know has been a concern for some of you. We have flown three sWARm activities there are are planning on doing more.

Please participate in this thread by coordinating sWARm flying times at the field. Please also inform the group of events at other locations and fields they may be interested in such as the St Geroge Fly-In or others events around the state.

Also please post any other flying locations, especially in the south Utah County where we could hold an event.

We will contact you on this thread and through our E-mail list with dates for big sWARm events Please let us know if you know others who would like to be on the E-mail list of if you would like to be taken off this E-mail list.

Here is a map to the flying field. There is a lot of flying space out to the east that doesn't show well on Google maps. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.3...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

We are grateful to Saratoga Springs City and the UVA and heli clubs for letting us share their resources and facility.

Here are the videos from some of our sWARms

2 sWARm 5 2014 (5 min 1 sec)

sWARm Sept 2013 (7 min 55 sec)

58 Planes in Combat HD (5 min 49 sec)

The Pylon Race That Wouldn't End #2 (4 min 22 sec)

Lee

Quick Reply