May 01, 2009, 04:44 PM
non fpv flight test-720P-30f (0 min 50 sec)

a little 720P test on the Junior at my home field
the wide ange is maybe a bit too much..ugly vingetting ...but since I dont have pan and tilt I like it for flying actually...also the 30P looks not so shaky like this in the goggles

the mic has to be covered a bit better...right now its straight in the wind...but its allread filering the noise better then other mics I had...culd be a nice speed indicator
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2009, 05:26 PM
Suspended Account
Patscherpofel: You need to get rid of the wide-angle ... seriously I have a 0.6x wide angle lense for my xacti, no "fish eye" visible at all.
May 02, 2009, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy
Patscherpofel: You need to get rid of the wide-angle ... seriously I have a 0.6x wide angle lense for my xacti, no "fish eye" visible at all.
but yours doesnt weigh 40g including camera
the lens is what I had lying around with the right mount for the aiptek
all the lenses are much wider on the bigger chips
I guess it wont be hard to find a 4 or 5mm boardlens

but the thing is that I probably fpv in 60P mode with this cam...no fisheye visible there...but also less fov and not so nice if you look it fullscreen on the computer

Aiptek 480P 60f flight test (0 min 24 sec)
Last edited by Patscherpofel; May 02, 2009 at 02:24 AM.
May 02, 2009, 06:20 AM
beeker12,
same setup in both vids, but the difference is the props. On the first one, I had not balanced the props. I balanced them on the Jimmy Buffett video.

The vibes caused a waviness to things, like heat off the grass, radio tower moving like it's in an earthquake...

Both vids were using 720P @60fps. Stock lens.

Joe
May 02, 2009, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojoe996
beeker12,
same setup in both vids, but the difference is the props. On the first one, I had not balanced the props. I balanced them on the Jimmy Buffett video.

The vibes caused a waviness to things, like heat off the grass, radio tower moving like it's in an earthquake...

Both vids were using 720P @60fps. Stock lens.

Joe

Cool, thank you - the vids look great .. Im gonna try and pick me up a HD+ soon -- Thanks again
May 03, 2009, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel
...and I want to build a new cable, hopefully without the cylinder ...to use for connecting the tx to the aiptek...preferable lighter then the aiptek one
thanks fo help on this
The ferrite is farily easy to slip out, once you destroy the plastic around it. Here is how I removed mine, and the mod using a servo cable/connector.
May 04, 2009, 03:24 PM
could somebody who has an a-hd + plus tell me if the video out also contains audio from the mic...or is it silent like my aiptek ahd 100?
I think its blocked so it doesnt echo with the tv output
May 04, 2009, 03:33 PM
Nope, video out never contains audio, they are separate streams, signals and wires.
Is the white wire connected to AV Tx?
How did you noticed it is missing?
Does your Tx really transmit audio? Some doesn't, like mine, the 200mW KTK from r2hobbies.
May 04, 2009, 03:53 PM
I can hear the audio when I push buttons and when I playback video
-but not live audio...its seems to block it

I have a seperate mic inside the fuse to have less wind..this one gets mixed in the signal from the aiptek...but I am just wondering if I can make my sytem even simpler
May 05, 2009, 05:04 PM
hmm...there should be more activity in this thread
onboard recording HD with pan/tilt should really happen soon for fpv and for everybody doing it
forget all these fancy osds and things that make fpv just more complicated

we need an easy way to build this external lens, or somebody who does it for a fair amount of money
as much fun as I allready have with my aiptek, it will be just so much better with pan/tilt

so I wont stop posting shittty videos before somebody will show me the way to do this modification

random shots on the home field (2 min 51 sec)
May 05, 2009, 07:54 PM
Closed Account
Shittty videos, lol. OK, you got me.

Not posted before because i really didn't think it worth posting, but as long as we have a "Shittty aiptek pan/til" section going now, i'll bite as i think this could fall into that catorgory, lol

Geez, also my first post this year i think.?
Truth be told, your comment "forget all these fancy osds and things that make fpv just more complicated"
is what really caught my attention, lol., Im with you on that one ! ! !

Aiptek HD pan/tilt with HT TrackR2 video from summer last year 100% fpv.

FPV Mentor (3 min 28 sec)
May 05, 2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luizlotito
The ferrite is farily easy to slip out, once you destroy the plastic around it. Here is how I removed mine, and the mod using a servo cable/connector.

Are you pulling your video out signal from the little usb/firewire port on the camera? I've been using the composite vid in/out port.

does the firewire port reduce video lag that I'm seeing when pulling signal thru the composite jack?
May 06, 2009, 03:02 AM
Okay, I'm another victim of the FPV disease.

I'm planning to make a FPV on my BMI Super Dimona 2400 (also known as the Hobby Lobby Super Dimona). Besides the concerns about the 2.4GHz video transmitter interfering with my Spektrum TX/RX, I'm looking for a nice setup for the video. The Aiptek or in whatever derivates it's available would probably the best price/performance.

I have one question: Is it possible to use the A/V output for realtime video (to be mixed with OSD info and send to the groundstation/recorder) but also takes pictures stored on the SD Card in the cam? I might take some pics while flying with OSD and Goggles.

I've seen very nice vids. Really love it.
May 06, 2009, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby
but as long as we have a "Shittty aiptek pan/til" section going now, i'll bite as i think this could fall into that catorgory, lol
hey hey...good to see you here Wobby
but you got me wrong...its the "shittty aiptek without pan/tilt" section that I am running
you are on the "not shittty" side with all your nice planes and this pan/tilt aiptek mount

I actually cant see the mentor video because youtube says I am not allowed to see it in my country ...you should switch to vimeo one day...its really nice to keep track of the good videos in there

I thought about to build a pan/tilt for my slimmed down aiptek (40g are really easy to move)...but I want to have it on my sailplane and this will hurt the gliding ability pretty bad...an external lens mod would make things much easier to install.

...also I have high hopes that reantoa will be able to do it with the sony webbie
May 06, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hello,

I've purchased a Aiptek C100 and I put it on my EZ!

Here the videos of first tests:

Aiptek C100 weekend test session (3 min 16 sec)

So I uncased it to loose weight but I have a problem: if I dont connect the LCD display the cam doesnt power on. Does it work with AV out connected??

My target is to use it for FPV with an OSD, but I also save some weight.

Quick Reply