Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:51 AM
Throttlejunkie is offline
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
I need spare battery packs for my bike. Can the stock electronics use 2s lipo?
Hi, yes you can use 2s with the stock electronics it gives a good boost of power as well, i used 2s on mine for a little while then i went brushless.

Cheers.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:21 AM
RTECH is offline
Find More Posts by RTECH
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Hi, yes you can use 2s with the stock electronics it gives a good boost of power as well, i used 2s on mine for a little while then i went brushless.

Cheers.
Wats the capacity of the 2s lipo that can fit into the bike?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
Throttlejunkie is offline
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Wats the capacity of the 2s lipo that can fit into the bike?
We were using 200mah 2s in the ducati's the honda's you can run the 360mah rhino batteries which are 30c & have more punch & twice the run time, i did mod one of my ducati battery box's to fit the 360 it's in one of my earlier posts.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:00 PM
htmlhuh is offline
Find More Posts by htmlhuh
Registered User
Does anyone have a couple of these they want to sell? I would like to get the Honda and the Ducati. They are just too cool. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:51 PM
RTECH is offline
Find More Posts by RTECH
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
We were using 200mah 2s in the ducati's the honda's you can run the 360mah rhino batteries which are 30c & have more punch & twice the run time, i did mod one of my ducati battery box's to fit the 360 it's in one of my earlier posts.

Cheers.
Are you charging those lipos at 1C? Or can i charge at a higher current so i dun need to get so many spare packs.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:56 AM
Throttlejunkie is offline
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Are you charging those lipos at 1C? Or can i charge at a higher current so i dun need to get so many spare packs.
It depends on the charge rate of the batteries you are going to use, the 200mah that i use did not have a charge rate on them so i just charge them at 1c to be safe & the rhino 360mah i think from memory they were 2c but i have a few packs so i charge all my lipo's at 1c anyway.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:17 AM
RTECH is offline
Find More Posts by RTECH
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
It depends on the charge rate of the batteries you are going to use, the 200mah that i use did not have a charge rate on them so i just charge them at 1c to be safe & the rhino 360mah i think from memory they were 2c but i have a few packs so i charge all my lipo's at 1c anyway.

Cheers.
Thanks buddy ! I will ordered the lipos and try it out !
I own the bike for quite a while , the only thing that stops me from playing is the stock bat pack. Couldn't get spares and bike speed is slow.
Now my bike is alive again!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:44 AM
Throttlejunkie is offline
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Thanks buddy ! I will ordered the lipos and try it out !
I own the bike for quite a while , the only thing that stops me from playing is the stock bat pack. Couldn't get spares and bike speed is slow.
Now my bike is alive again!
Not a prob m8, you will enjoy it with the lipo's.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:02 AM
Andy2No is offline
Find More Posts by Andy2No
NaN
Andy2No's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Thanks buddy ! I will ordered the lipos and try it out !
Don't forget to swap the wires in the JST plugs to match the stock battery.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:18 AM
deen247 is offline
Find More Posts by deen247
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlhuh View Post
Does anyone have a couple of these they want to sell? I would like to get the Honda and the Ducati. They are just too cool. Thanks
hey i got two for sale one new in the box ducati and one used modded ducati
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
RTECH is offline
Find More Posts by RTECH
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Don't forget to swap the wires in the JST plugs to match the stock battery.
Sure will, this is very important. Thanks for the reminding me !
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:24 PM
RTECH is offline
Find More Posts by RTECH
Registered User
Did you guys ever replace the stock TX , but still keep the bike electronics?

I was trying to use the sanwa M8 TX with FM module to bind with the bike , but no response.
I have use the same xtal frequency as stock TX . But the bike ain't receiving.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:40 AM
ado1974 is offline
Find More Posts by ado1974
Registered User
ado1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Did you guys ever replace the stock TX , but still keep the bike electronics?

I was trying to use the sanwa M8 TX with FM module to bind with the bike , but no response.
I have use the same xtal frequency as stock TX . But the bike ain't receiving.
i dont think anyone had success trying to use a different Tx.

but many have swapped out the entire electrics Tx/Rx motor esc and servo.
makes for a fun little bike with good electrics

cheers
a.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
Johnny314 is offline
Find More Posts by Johnny314
Registered User
Hello! Awesome thread....

I'm just getting into the Silverlit bikes. First RC bike at all, actually. I love this thing for the great rider "action" and somewhat realistic scale handling! BUT I'm having big problems with my indoor basement track and the stock radio! It only works within a few feet of the bike, maybe 10' max, and even less when it's on the other side of any of the steel support poles.

Questions:
1. Is this "par for the course"?
2. How have yall's Tx/Rx swaps turned out?
3. Has anyone been able to make the Losi micro ESC/receiver combo work, or something like it?
4. What's the best 2.4ghz setup for this little guy, and is there any way I might get one of those super tiny figertip sized receivers to bind to my HPI FHSS Tx?

I'm determined to get my bike setup with a 2.4ghz system which works so nice with my drift car, for as little $$$ as possible, and have been considering something like the FlySky combo for around $50 to use with the Silverlit. The receiver SEEMS like it may fit somewhere without it's case.... Any opinions on that?

I'm really satisfied with the power on my scale sized, smooth concrete course. I can pretty easily powerslide this thing 4-8 inches under control with the stock battery, and about a foot with a LiPo battery! It spins up at full throttle virtually every time unless you ease on it fully upright. So, it seems to be close to my experiences with real, high HP race bikes.

The LiPo induced Off/On throttle hit that has already been talked about is awful, though. Did you guys ever figure out how to dial that out within the stock electronics, or is it just a "live with it, or change it all" type scenerio?
Last edited by Johnny314; Jan 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:47 PM
Throttlejunkie is offline
Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Hi, yes that is par for the course with the stock electrics, the best 2.4ghz set up is use the spektrum 3500 rx out of it's case you can get them from modelsport uk they are the cheapest & use a spektrum or losi 2.4ghz tx & losi 1/36 brushless combo it works great, the other very tiny receivers i have never used so i don't know if they work with the fhss tx someone else maybe able to answer that.

Cheers.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/3 scale Tyco r/c motorcycle! Kmot Motorcycles 158 Dec 05, 2005 08:31 PM
Am I the Only 1/8th R/C Driver? NitroEvolution Large Scale Cars 17 Mar 17, 2005 06:33 AM
Cheap 25mph R/C motorcycle Setup! sithos Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 2 Dec 04, 2003 08:19 AM
Installing brushless on normal 1:10 R/C car. Any experience? risto Electric Power Cars 3 Mar 20, 2002 12:45 PM
Sceince for kids, sub 1 oz R/C planes aeronutz Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 3 Dec 17, 2001 05:23 PM