Jan 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
Quote:
What you got to remember guys, that the faster you go with the stock steering set up it will not turn, you will have to change the steering to direct, this will lose you slow speed handling, I just love mine as it is on a 2 cell and lead in the riders head and knees
I can understand that. The reasons I wanted to go with my own electronics and a brushless system is because I drive in a big parking lot with lots of RC cars. I need to be able to keep up, get out of the way and never have to worry about signal interference (FASST is 2.4ghz). Plus, I like the feel of my transmitter over the stock one.

I will try adding some lead in the rider to help in turns, but I figure I will not have to take sharp corners all that often.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamslick
I can understand that. The reasons I wanted to go with my own electronics and a brushless system is because I drive in a big parking lot with lots of RC cars. I need to be able to keep up, get out of the way and never have to worry about signal interference (FASST is 2.4ghz). Plus, I like the feel of my transmitter over the stock one.

I will try adding some lead in the rider to help in turns, but I figure I will not have to take sharp corners all that often.
Well yeah that makes sense, but I dont think this bike is good for parking lots as its so small, maybe get a bigger bike and keep this for smaller places
Jan 19, 2009, 01:15 AM
Old enough to know better
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
What you got to remember guys, that the faster you go with the stock steering set up it will not turn, you will have to change the steering to direct, this will lose you slow speed handling, I just love mine as it is on a 2 cell and lead in the riders head and knees
Hi Steve,
Do you know how I can fix the rider?
He does not seem to want to move like he should.

Looked at pictures earlier in this thread and does not look like I can just replace the servo.

Mine is fast enough for the area I have, so the motor can stay as is.

Thanks.

PS, may try adding some weight to his inner knees, as you have done... ta
Last edited by drewpyfz6; Jan 19, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
Jan 19, 2009, 03:39 PM
I have installed lead in the helmet, taped a smell amount of lead on the inside of the knees and tweaked the crash bars in for more lean angle and this bike performs!Thanks Steve, never would have thought of that. Also, noticed run times getting a bit longer on stock batteries.Does 10 min sound crazy?Cause that is what I'm getting and on another pack I can get around 13min.These are just stock packs.They can be purchased from thesource.
Jan 19, 2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpyfz6
Hi Steve,
Do you know how I can fix the rider?
He does not seem to want to move like he should.

Looked at pictures earlier in this thread and does not look like I can just replace the servo.

Mine is fast enough for the area I have, so the motor can stay as is.

Thanks.

PS, may try adding some weight to his inner knees, as you have done... ta
Think you must have been unlucky and got one that is faulty but it could be just something binding, tear it down and have a look.
Steve.
Jan 19, 2009, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanedc
I have installed lead in the helmet, taped a smell amount of lead on the inside of the knees and tweaked the crash bars in for more lean angle and this bike performs!Thanks Steve, never would have thought of that. Also, noticed run times getting a bit longer on stock batteries.Does 10 min sound crazy?Cause that is what I'm getting and on another pack I can get around 13min.These are just stock packs.They can be purchased from thesource.
Yeah the lead does make the bike turn better, I get about 8 mins from my 2 cell 200mah sure the bike will get better as all the parts free up.
Jan 19, 2009, 04:09 PM
i found pure synthetic spray lube freed up the wheels amazingly. took bike apart and put on motor bearings too,with a hypodermic needle I got from a pharmacy.Made a big difference.
Jan 19, 2009, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
Think you must have been unlucky and got one that is faulty but it could be just something binding, tear it down and have a look.
Steve.
I am beginning to think its just a bad one, the other (B) is way more agile.

Will have to see if I can free him up a bit, could just be binding?

The battery has lasted long the more I run and recharge, so things must be loosening up.

Just a shame rider (A) is an old fella, like me - lol
Jan 20, 2009, 05:42 PM
Quote:
I am beginning to think its just a bad one, the other (B) is way more agile.
Sounds like you have a source for spares if you ever break or scratch it up too badly. I'm about to buy another one and use my original for spares because I cannot seem to mount the Losi brushless motor. I'll just put it in a Micro-T where it belongs and run LiPo in a stock Silverlit bike.
Last edited by icecreamslick; Jan 20, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Jan 20, 2009, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Sounds like you have a source for spares if you ever break or scratch it up too badly. I'm about to buy another one and use my original for spares because I cannot seem to mount the Losi brushless motor. I'll just put it in a Micro-T where it belongs and run LiPo in a stock Silvetlit bike.
If I cant get the rider moving properly, then yes, it will be a source of spares.

Shame you cant mount BL motor.

Going to add some weights to the riders legs, see if that helps, as Steve suggested.
Jan 21, 2009, 02:38 PM
Help,
Got my mini lipos today, the Micro T Baja Desert 7.4v 200mah.

But they have come with closed up shrink wrap on the wire ends.
What connecter do I need to buy to make these fit the Silverlit Duke?
Jan 21, 2009, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Help,
Got my mini lipos today, the Micro T Baja Desert 7.4v 200mah.

But they have come with closed up shrink wrap on the wire ends.
What connecter do I need to buy to make these fit the Silverlit Duke?
You need the same as on the standard pack, should be able to buy them, I had one off an old 4 cell battery holder. Remember you need a lipo charger
Jan 21, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. Will have a look around and see what I can find.
Thought they may have had a name, like deans, JST and tamiya do...

Already got lipo chargers from my heli days.

By the way, you mentioned a new project a while ago, would that be the OTO?
Just been reading a thread on it and saw you had posted.
Looks fantastic....

May be something to aim for - one day.

Edit:
That prompted a search - and found that an old FeralBeast3 and Esky CP2 batteries have the very same connector...

Thanks again Steve - They are JST connectors.
Last edited by drewpyfz6; Jan 21, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Jan 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Sounds like you have a source for spares if you ever break or scratch it up too badly. I'm about to buy another one and use my original for spares because I cannot seem to mount the Losi brushless motor. I'll just put it in a Micro-T where it belongs and run LiPo in a stock Silverlit bike.
Looks like bike (A) is a duff one - had a mess today, and compared to the (B) bike, it plenty lacking.

Don't know where to start looking to try and fix it -
The battery lasted 2-3 minutes from a full charge, compared to 8-10 minutes on the (B) bike.

The rear wheel turns with about the same Resistance on both - but something is definitely wrong with (A)

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Looks like the battery may be a big part of the problem - tried the one out of bike (B), and it ran for more than 6-7 minutes.
Ok, the rider is not as free as the other one, but it was definitely better.

Have ordered some JST leads for the new lipo batteries, so will have to see how it goes on them.

Still think these are brilliant little bikes and have been recommending them to all my big bike mates....
Last edited by drewpyfz6; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:29 PM.
Jan 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. Will have a look around and see what I can find.
Thought they may have had a name, like deans, JST and tamiya do...

Already got lipo chargers from my heli days.

By the way, you mentioned a new project a while ago, would that be the OTO?
Just been reading a thread on it and saw you had posted.
Looks fantastic....

May be something to aim for - one day.

Edit:
That prompted a search - and found that an old FeralBeast3 and Esky CP2 batteries have the very same connector...

Thanks again Steve - They are JST connectors.
These Silverlit little bikes are fantastic, but the oto is in another class, I just cant explain how nice it is, if you like mad top speed, megga brakes, great handling, huge wheelies 20min run times this is the bike, beautiful to look at and a hoot to drive but saying that, my brushless Kyosho is not far behind, thats why I am leaving the Silverlit as it is and using the 1/8 scales more now
Steve

Quick Reply