Jun 14, 2016, 12:24 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21flyer
i received the same motor and used it in my 4m DG808s, i was runnung a
10 x 8 carbon prop, 4s 4000mah 30-40c, pulling 900w, plemty of power to hand launch my 4m, no heating issues either, try a 4cell
Hello there. I hope you have survived the recent storms! We got 9" of rain in one night a few weeks ago, It made a real mess, but It did come with some wind! - so I got to go flying, even if it was backwards!

I am very happy to hear that the motor runs cooler on 4 cells. You used a 10 x 8 prop. Do you reckon a12x6.5 might work all-right? (I have a couple of those).

I will take your advice and try a 4 cell pack - It will possibly give me a little more ventillation also.

Cheers and thanks. Phil
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2016, 04:54 AM
flying at SCMAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjack61

I am very happy to hear that the motor runs cooler on 4 cells. You used a 10 x 8 prop. Do you reckon a12x6.5 might work all-right? (I have a couple of those).
Cheers and thanks. Phil
12x6.5 should be ok, i would go easy on the first flight, climb out and then land to check temps
Jun 23, 2017, 10:26 AM

Minimum motor for Condor

Hi,
I realise this is an old thread.
But i have been offered one at a reasonable price (excl electronics)
I'm not inclined to invest in a new motor, Esc etc. Would rather use what I have.
Will a BM3720a (max 630w burst), a 12x6 prop and a 4s 2200 suffice for some relaxed Sunday flying?
(This is what I can harvest from my Dynam/Nitroplanes Tiger Moth)
And does it really weigh far more than the 1900-2100gms claimed on the Flyfly site?
Grateful for any responses.
Much as I'd like a 10' span glider, my house is already full of models that hardly get flown once or twice a year.
Regards.
Jun 23, 2017, 11:16 PM
Closed Account
sdj
Last edited by farmerjack61; Apr 01, 2019 at 05:58 AM.
Jun 24, 2017, 11:38 AM
Hi Phil,
Thanks for such a nice (and kind) reply.
Took ill suddenly today.
Will respond when better, in a day or two...
Btw, not a restoration, it's a NIB kit.
Regards.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:58 AM
Closed Account
-=0
Last edited by farmerjack61; Apr 01, 2019 at 05:57 AM.
Jun 25, 2017, 10:00 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Nice video. Was hoping the landing was going to be shown...looked like it would have been interesting with all of the rocks!
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
Jun 30, 2017, 06:04 AM
Closed Account
sdf
Last edited by farmerjack61; Apr 01, 2019 at 05:58 AM.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:26 PM
I know this thread is aichantbut I have just aquired a Condor Fly Fi 3mtr electric glider and have read a lot of posts etc rergarding changing the flaps etc , But has ANYONE ever installed spoilers in the top of the wing
I have aset of 200mm long ones from another glider and thought i could use them it this model and use them for landing
Sep 17, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unleaded218
I know this thread is aichantbut I have just aquired a Condor Fly Fi 3mtr electric glider and have read a lot of posts etc rergarding changing the flaps etc , But has ANYONE ever installed spoilers in the top of the wing
I have aset of 200mm long ones from another glider and thought i could use them it this model and use them for landing
If it's anything like the DG808 that I have from them, you should spend all the time you would have spent on spoiler installation on things the factory got wrong. I immediately stripped the covering and removed the control surfaces, reshaped or replaced control surfaces, rehinged and recovered with name brand stuff that actually shrinks and stays tight, and generally followed the recommendations of all the other people who had found major oversights.

After using the "Show attachments in this thread" tool to look for pictures of the flap setup, I found that a couple of guys had flipped the flaps over to get 90 degrees of down travel. That will provide all the braking/glide path control that you will need with this plane in my opinion. I'd add the spoilers only if I really, really wanted spoilers. Otherwise, it might just be a big headache in a plane that already needs a lot of work to improve it's durability/performance.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:59 PM
thanks
edfmaniac yes I have read the whole thread and am an experianced builder 50 years , I just have a spare set of 300mm spoilers availabel and was going to use them instead of flipping the flaps , although our strip is 150 mtrs long grass with one end has about 1 klm free approach but the oter end has some trees which require a steper approach or slipping in beside them and turn to the strip
Sep 29, 2019, 07:13 PM
This what I have done, flaps left as is to be used for extra lift

Quick Reply