New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:49 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Not a real update,

But this is what Alexander and i am working on:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post23599850

DAG
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:36 AM
Frank_K is offline
Find More Posts by Frank_K
Registered User
Frank_K's Avatar

sikorsky under restoration in France


sorry, all in french, but the pictures are nice...
http://sikoenvol.jimdo.com/la-découverte-du-sa55/

good luck with your project(s)

Frank
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_K View Post
sorry, all in french, but the pictures are nice...
http://sikoenvol.jimdo.com/la-découverte-du-sa55/

good luck with your project(s)

Frank
Thanks!!!
DAG
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:16 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Happy Holidays all

Got cold here and not much work on either the EII, or the 36.

I don't have my heater system set up in my garage yet.

My girl wanted me to post the S58 here.....
Also.....
The build video
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1703952&page=6

Now that I have that short derailment done I plan on getting the EII done while getting the 36 system done.

Rock On.... and have a great New Year!!!!!

DAG
Last edited by dag214; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
zen@lanset.com is offline
Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Dag & All B36 Fans—

I hope it has been a Merry X-mas and wishing you a H.N.Y.

Dag— are those huge flying surfaces behind Emma the Emmaselle II?

Glen
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
WAGliderGuy is online now
Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Airliner Builder
WAGliderGuy's Avatar
Are those the Canon Air India card model plans? They look quite excellent, I am venturing on my first card model build right now (DC-9-15 Hawaiian). Good luck I am sure it will turn out great if you build it!!

Ethan

BTW - where did you go to get the full print-outs? I spent WAY to long sticking pieces of paper together
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:36 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
Are those the Canon Air India card model plans? They look quite excellent, I am venturing on my first card model build right now (DC-9-15 Hawaiian). Good luck I am sure it will turn out great if you build it!!

Ethan

BTW - where did you go to get the full print-outs? I spent WAY to long sticking pieces of paper together
I got the plans here:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/list_45_1.html

And I have a 42" plotter, but that was done by a friend as my plotter is sick until the first of the year........ Waiting on part..

Thanks!
DAG
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:37 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
dag & all b36 fans—

i hope it has been a merry x-mas and wishing you a h.n.y.

dag— are those huge flying surfaces behind emma the emmaselle ii?

glen
yep!!!!

dag
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:53 AM
ChuckA is offline
Find More Posts by ChuckA
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
I got the plans here:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/list_45_1.html

And I have a 42" plotter, but that was done by a friend as my plotter is sick until the first of the year........ Waiting on part..

Thanks!
DAG
Ir has been over 30 years since I have used a full size plan for building tapered or straight wing panels. I build over a grid to align ribs and spars. I do design with a CAD program but only print full size plans for components that need them. For straight or tapered wing panels, I only need root chord, tip chord, rib spacing, and wing span along with sweep to build a wing. I do print full size rib templates that show spar locations.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:48 PM
foam and tape is online now
Find More Posts by foam and tape
Retardedly intelligent
foam and tape's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Happy Holidays all

Got cold here and not much work on either the EII, or the 36.

I don't have my heater system set up in my garage yet.

My girl wanted me to post the S58 here.....
Also.....
The build video
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1703952&page=6

Now that I have that short derailment done I plan on getting the EII done while getting the 36 system done.

Rock On.... and have a great New Year!!!!!

DAG

Got another copy of those plans for the 777?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
Got another copy of those plans for the 777?
They are blown up paper airplane plans:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/list_45_1.html

DAG
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:22 PM
foam and tape is online now
Find More Posts by foam and tape
Retardedly intelligent
foam and tape's Avatar
opps, I meant the enlarged sized ones, i'll need another set once I wreck my current one! I don't know of anyone who can plot out one to a specific size as of now...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
opps, I meant the enlarged sized ones, i'll need another set once I wreck my current one! I don't know of anyone who can plot out one to a specific size as of now...
Once I get my plotter fixed I can print you a set. How many inches do you need the span????

Thanks, DAG
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:33 PM
foam and tape is online now
Find More Posts by foam and tape
Retardedly intelligent
foam and tape's Avatar
Perhaps something of around the scale for a 130mm EDF. It'll be a looong time before I get around to this though.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:00 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
Perhaps something of around the scale for a 130mm EDF. It'll be a looong time before I get around to this though.
Now I am not saying this is anywhere close, but that comes out to 90-100" span to fit the nacelle size that is on those drawings. What I have printed there is around 90", 101" is what I want to get to. Would 100" sound about right?????

Once my plotter is fixed I can print you a set. Keep in mind that this is blown up from an all paper plane......

Rock ON!!!!

DAG


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good B-36 site (drawing with cross sections, too!) Thomas B Scale Kit/Scratch Built 26 Oct 11, 2011 10:14 PM
Discussion B-36 B-52 kgmorris Scale Kit/Scratch Built 20 Jan 02, 2009 07:27 AM
b-36 dorysch1 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 32 Feb 01, 2004 09:33 PM
Questions about my wally B-36...I'm new to foam. Boba_Fett Foamies (Kits) 8 Jun 11, 2002 04:36 PM
B 36 Trobber Parkflyers 3 Dec 30, 2001 01:33 PM