New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:49 AM
cbarnes0061 is offline
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
cbarnes0061's Avatar
That all sounds really good Dag. Hope all works out and you can take your company forward. Good Luck.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:43 AM
Endlesslag is offline
Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
Thats way cool, I'm glad some people in this world still have some respect for other's sacrifices.
Also good luck with your business, I hope it all works out!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:04 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
That was very cool Dag....and they deserved it!!!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
Eli Lipschitz is offline
Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Suspended Account
Dag, what sort of business are you running?

Great story.........keep it coming!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:58 AM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
You know buddy.

Here is a short list...... But none live close to me...

Conehead
Birger
Tonystott
Coptercapt
AlexanderB
Captmike
Click the pirate
demondriver
Ducky22
fooman
jsmith285
modeone
Murocflyer
thedeuce
The Big E

Well, and a few more.

May end up just being the luck of the straw at the field....

Rock on my friend....

DAG
Dag I'm honored & grateful that you would even consider me or these other amazing builders. . . . . .But I would be honored to simply help you set up at the field & buy you lunch & be able to see your amazing B-36D in person Sir. Rock On Dag!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:16 AM
thedeuce is offline
Find More Posts by thedeuce
Registered User
thedeuce's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Dag I'm honored & grateful that you would even consider me or these other amazing builders. . . . . .But I would be honored to simply help you set up at the field & buy you lunch & be able to see your amazing B-36D in person Sir. Rock On Dag!
+ 1, i'm honored as well. Cheers Dag. Hope to see it in the flesh.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Sorry to derail my thread.....
Buy while having lunch these were emailed to me....

I just had to share:
McDonnell Douglas DC-10 Quick Build at MFK Falken - September 3rd. 2011 (22 min 18 sec)

DC10 scale 1:10 Odense Airport, 22/10 2011 (11 min 17 sec)


This is why I have to get the 36 done ASAP.....
I so want a 250" 727.....

DAG
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:47 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Those people are seriously "nuts"!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
byrocat is offline
Find More Posts by byrocat
Registered User
byrocat's Avatar
"Nuts" is when you wire it up for FPV, and have something like the old pilot seat flight simulator hooked up.

I was looking at how much flexing was going on with the fuselage and wondering how much stress that could take.

They may ahve been a few sheets to the wind when they thought of this, but definietly stone-cold sober when it was built.

Good engineering, good flying.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:43 PM
Superconductor is offline
Find More Posts by Superconductor
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Sorry to derail my thread.....

DAG
Your forgiven

Couldn't help grinning at that.

>edit . I loved the fact the crowd were so into that flight . the pilot must have been on cloud nine.

Thanks for posting. <edit


Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat View Post
"Nuts" is when you wire it up for FPV, and have something like the old pilot seat flight simulator hooked up.

I was looking at how much flexing was going on with the fuselage and wondering how much stress that could take.

They may ahve been a few sheets to the wind when they thought of this, but definietly stone-cold sober when it was built.

Good engineering, good flying.
I can't help thinking that the "flex" your seeing is due to use of a CMOS camera and their quirks (banana blades on prop planes?).

Regards.

Dave.
Last edited by Superconductor; Oct 09, 2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Clarify my reason for grinning.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:22 PM
foam and tape is offline
Find More Posts by foam and tape
Retardedly intelligent
foam and tape's Avatar
Actually, the strange warping is due to the latest thing form you tube. Its the deshaking filter they keep asking you to use when you upload a video. It really screws with any onboard video (or any video for that matter)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
Superconductor is offline
Find More Posts by Superconductor
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
Actually, the strange warping is due to the latest thing form you tube. Its the deshaking filter they keep asking you to use when you upload a video. It really screws with any onboard video (or any video for that matter)
OK you have your opinion and I respect that.

Please see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

And could we maybe take it here to debate. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...03952&page=4ga

Love and respect.

Dave.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
foam and tape is offline
Find More Posts by foam and tape
Retardedly intelligent
foam and tape's Avatar
I know what Rolling shutter is I've actually tried the deshaker and get the same results
to not go too OT, heres a video of my 777 (it matches the rest of the airliner videos) I'f you're really bent on it being a camera issue I can turn on the de shaker for a day to let the real fun begin
GIANT RC 777 onboard video (2 min 32 sec)


"stabilized" video
This video is stabilized with youtube stabilizer. It makes the video terrible. (12 min 49 sec)

non stabilized video
A video test flight, on a bright sunny day (12 min 49 sec)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:29 PM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
I know what Rolling shutter is I've actually tried the deshaker and get the same results
to not go too OT, heres a video of my 777 (it matches the rest of the airliner videos) I'f you're really bent on it being a camera issue I can turn on the de shaker for a day to let the real fun begin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RpS...ature=youtu.be

"stabilized" video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwb-obYx3g
non stabilized video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=des4UlOPyvU
Now that is freaking cool. The 777 is out of sight KEWL......

MAN I have to get my 36 done.......

Rock on man..... That 777 rocks

Dag-man
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:33 PM
nightfox7 is offline
Find More Posts by nightfox7
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superconductor View Post
OK you have your opinion and I respect that.

Please see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

And could we maybe take it here to debate. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...03952&page=4ga

Love and respect.

Dave.
I do have to take Foam&tape's opinion on this.. same thing has happened with a video on my plane..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good B-36 site (drawing with cross sections, too!) Thomas B Scale Kit/Scratch Built 26 Oct 11, 2011 10:14 PM
Discussion B-36 B-52 kgmorris Scale Kit/Scratch Built 20 Jan 02, 2009 07:27 AM
b-36 dorysch1 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 32 Feb 01, 2004 09:33 PM
Questions about my wally B-36...I'm new to foam. Boba_Fett Foamies (Kits) 8 Jun 11, 2002 04:36 PM
B 36 Trobber Parkflyers 3 Dec 30, 2001 01:33 PM