Sep 20, 2012, 05:41 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
I am not 100% JR first of all but I am very pro Spektrum (they are not synonymous, however). As for the rest, I was a lighting designer for a living long before I worked in IT and despite those systems being specially designed and proprietary, we still had occasional issues where systems had to be hard booted or just locked up, a backup on the road is mandatory. Though you joke about Facebook on our radios, careful what you mock, there very well be someone out there considering how to integrate it with your radio, as silly and utterly stupid as you and I probably view that idea ;-p

Jack
You know Jack I am not sure what planet your are from. I also was LD/TD for over 20 years. I have operated LC like Avolite, Whole Hog, Light Palette, Varilight Artisain, ETC, Strand, Colortran, EDI, Grand MA, just about every wiggle light console in the industry. You are 110% wrong on lock-ups. the only reason we tour with stand-by console are for hardware failures that causes the software not to load correct. Since 1982 I have been around lighting, and got into automation around 2000. Now there was a Strand console called board-M that was all glitched up and was junk, but it was the executables that were never tested a 100% correct. To date once a console is out of Beta testing I have never heard of a software glitch causing a need for a reboot of a LC. However a long time ago in a place far far away there was a Colortran console called the Medallion that was a piece of junk that never should have gotten out of Beta. I am not saying that today there are not consoles that are junk, just never heard of what you are talking about.

And just a FYI, when I was a TD our theatre beta tested consoles.

And you right, I was wrong... you are a spectrum guy.

DAG
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Now lets get back to my BNF called the B-36D.

I fly home tomorrow and will just take a picture of Emma holding a glue bottle next to the wing to get this back on track.

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 06:05 AM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Now lets get back to my BNF called the B-36D.

I fly home tomorrow and will just take a picture of Emma holding a glue bottle next to the wing to get this back on track.

DAG
BNF. OH GOODIE your creating a Bind N Fly version. Can I be first of the list? LOL
Sep 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
BNF. OH GOODIE your creating a Bind N Fly version. Can I be first of the list? LOL
LOL.....

The painted version will be $98,000.00, the non-painted $88,200.00

Now I am off to up state NY.......

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 06:27 AM
Addict.
Hey, I live in upstate NY, where ya headed?
Sep 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Closed Account
I've been at it since 1984, automation since 1996ish. I've lockup up and had to reboot Hogs numerous times. Never really a playback issue but a programming issue. Actually the times I remember most were running a bunch of effects in playback and at the same time programming on the fly.
Don't recall any G MA reboots.

Cheers
Sep 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
LOL.....

The painted version will be $98,000.00, the non-painted $88,200.00

Now I am off to up state NY.......

DAG
So can we get that on the 3 pay plan through tower (or whichever one does that). I'm a little short this month.

I've been peaking in from time to time. An amazing build. I look forward to seeing this thing in the air.

I want to see the box for this BNF!
Sep 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
hi dear dag. it's my first post in this site ,and realy amature in rc.i readed all of this pages and enjoy.but i have an ask of you.i see one of your airplane in page 842.i really love it .is it possible to put the plane of this air plane too plz?
i'm sorry for my bad english.
Sep 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Quote:
You know Jack I am not sure what planet your are from.
Well then, never mind...
Sep 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira
hi dear dag. it's my first post in this site ,and realy amature in rc.i readed all of this pages and enjoy.but i have an ask of you.i see one of your airplane in page 842.i really love it .is it possible to put the plane of this air plane too plz?
i'm sorry for my bad english.
You mean my Emmaselle?

It has a build thread here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488009

Cheers!!!!!

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP
I've been at it since 1984, automation since 1996ish. I've lockup up and had to reboot Hogs numerous times. Never really a playback issue but a programming issue. Actually the times I remember most were running a bunch of effects in playback and at the same time programming on the fly.
Don't recall any G MA reboots.

Cheers

Funny, the hog I kind of hated, and if I remember right I had about 32 Cyberlights on it, and a few Clay Paky lights for the gobos and while I never had to re-boot, I did have problems getting macros to work in effects, but that was years ago.......

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB1
So can we get that on the 3 pay plan through tower (or whichever one does that). I'm a little short this month.

I've been peaking in from time to time. An amazing build. I look forward to seeing this thing in the air.

I want to see the box for this BNF!
It will be 125 USPS anywhere boxes.......

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 05:37 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8
Hey, I live in upstate NY, where ya headed?
I was south of Albany (if that is considered upstate) I know it was one hell of a drive from NJ

DAG
Sep 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
I make metal smaller.
Quote:
It will be 125 USPS anywhere boxes.......

DAG
assemble it in 1sq.ft modules?
Sep 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Hey all....

Well work last week had my on the road until Friday, then I had about 200 things to do for work, then answer all my hobby e-mails.

Well I have just started one of the most dreaded parts, wires and junk. I have 13 wiring harnesses to make. Just started one and pulled out all of my mock-up wiring.

And for anyone who has sent me e-mails or PM's I will get caught up soon.

And......... I have had a ton of e-mails this year from cool people wanting to understand what I have learned from all my testing of motors, ESC, batteries, and just system junk. I still get people stating you need 150 watts per pound to fly a plan safely. Just ain't true. Sooo..... what I am trying to put together is a spread sheet of my testing and show set-ups and all the data I have. Some might find it useful.

Been a long week and I am just burned-out......

And...... I wish there was a way I could have a link on my screen name to my Junk Drawer. I love having a ton of off topic stuff, just not here.....

Soooo.... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1703952

Rock ON!

DAG

Quick Reply