Thread Tools
Old May 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cabledawg1 is offline
Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
Registered User
Cabledawg1's Avatar
I once had a boat that had multiple batteries controlling different sections. 1 battery was for just the motor, 1 was for all essential boat electrinics, and 1 was for all non-essentials. The point being....dont buy a boat, its a friggin sink hole....lol
2 radios would really take a load off you. And how many of your followers would walk 10 miles barefoot through snow just to be your FO if only for 1 flight.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
kgfly is offline
Find More Posts by kgfly
Registered User
I have no experience with flying such complex models and while the challenge of programming a single Tx to support all the required modes sounds like fun, it does seem having a Flight Engineer makes a great deal of sense. Sure, it will mean some display flights might not drop the bombs dead on target, but I suspect it will also mean the pilot workload will remain manageable, most especially during the most critical moments during those low fly-bys when full attention to critical flight controls is essential.

It also appears to me that all the systems on Tx2 are non-essential. Whether they work or not will neither cause a crash nor prevent a safe landing. If that is so, you can save money and weight by using basic Rx with single supplies rather than sophisticated redundant setups for Rx #5, 6 and 7.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:16 AM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Definition of a boat...model or full size...."A hole in the water you pour money into"

Or in the case of this B-36...an eventual hole in the sky....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 06, 2012, 12:36 AM
Endlesslag is offline
Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Definition of a boat...model or full size...."A hole in the water you pour money into"

Or in the case of this B-36...an eventual hole in the sky....

SteveT
The good news...if you try to pour money into a hole in the sky, it always comes down
Old May 06, 2012, 12:37 AM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
The good news...if you try to pour money into a hole in the sky, it always comes down
True...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 06, 2012, 12:39 AM
Endlesslag is offline
Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
True...

SteveT
But for the same reason there are more airplanes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky...
Old May 06, 2012, 02:11 AM
BrentP is offline
Find More Posts by BrentP
Closed Account
What tasks does the F/O have when dag does inverted low passes, tail slides, hovering, & outside loops alla that infamous B29?
Old May 06, 2012, 06:32 AM
CapMike is offline
Find More Posts by CapMike
Airplane crasher
CapMike's Avatar
I really don't think Dag will be flying like Mac Hodges.
Old May 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
fooman2008 is offline
Find More Posts by fooman2008
Registered User
Dag has continually said that he dislikes aircraft that do not fly scale (too much power/speed). He has designed the 36 to fly like what it was, a big slightly slow bomber. While he will have enough power available to do what he wants it to do (fly) he is NOT going to be 1g zoom climbs off the deck!
Fii
Old May 06, 2012, 08:36 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman2008 View Post
Dag has continually said that he dislikes aircraft that do not fly scale (too much power/speed). He has designed the 36 to fly like what it was, a big slightly slow bomber. While he will have enough power available to do what he wants it to do (fly) he is NOT going to be 1g zoom climbs off the deck!
Fii
Well lets define how I really feel

Mac's plane was purposed built, it was built as a airshow plane, and to date is the most exciting thing at any RC airshow he flies it at. Mac's b-29 and X1 where built to perform at airshows and to me is top notch. What I hate is (scale) warbirds that are so over powered they look stupid. Mac's plane does not even come close to falling into that as it does just what it was designed for. Mac is one of my all time RC hero's, his ability to fly that plane the way he does, and do it so safely makes him one of the top RC guys to me.

NOW....., would I fly my B-36 like Mac's B-29..... not likely as the wings, tail and fuse would go boom from the stress.

I have guys poke fun all the time about me flying my B-36 like Mac's B-29, but I am sure most know that my B-36 was not designed for that.

Mac's B-29 and X-1 should be in some museum one day for all the people those 2 planes made smile.

Rock ON!!!!!!!

DAG
Old May 06, 2012, 11:07 AM
Endlesslag is offline
Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Well lets define how I really feel

Mac's plane was purposed built, it was built as a airshow plane, and to date is the most exciting thing at any RC airshow he flies it at. Mac's b-29 and X1 where built to perform at airshows and to me is top notch. What I hate is (scale) warbirds that are so over powered they look stupid. Mac's plane does not even come close to falling into that as it does just what it was designed for. Mac is one of my all time RC hero's, his ability to fly that plane the way he does, and do it so safely makes him one of the top RC guys to me.

NOW....., would I fly my B-36 like Mac's B-29..... not likely as the wings, tail and fuse would go boom from the stress.

I have guys poke fun all the time about me flying my B-36 like Mac's B-29, but I am sure most know that my B-36 was not designed for that.

Mac's B-29 and X-1 should be in some museum one day for all the people those 2 planes made smile.

Rock ON!!!!!!!

DAG
I can't wait, he's coming up to my field in about 20 days...I'm sure I'll have a HUGE grin on my face
Old May 06, 2012, 06:38 PM
ChuckA is offline
Find More Posts by ChuckA
Registered User
The only thing scale about the B29 was the crash after the wing came apart in a spin. Scale models should fly like the real one.
Old May 06, 2012, 06:49 PM
payne9999 is offline
Find More Posts by payne9999
Balsa&Tissue
payne9999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
The only thing scale about the B29 was the crash after the wing came apart in a spin. Scale models should fly like the real one.
When did this happen?
Old May 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Conehead is offline
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
A year or two ago. It was rebuilt in about 10 days and Mac flew it in another show.

He puts on a show, which is what his B-29 was built for. All the videos I have seen of it, Mac does a great show.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Old May 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Endlesslag is offline
Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
The only thing scale about the B29 was the crash after the wing came apart in a spin. Scale models should fly like the real one.
Haha, true that. I believe he fixed it though, last I heard it was flying again.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good B-36 site (drawing with cross sections, too!) Thomas B Scale Kit/Scratch Built 26 Oct 11, 2011 10:14 PM
Discussion B-36 B-52 kgmorris Scale Kit/Scratch Built 20 Jan 02, 2009 07:27 AM
b-36 dorysch1 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 32 Feb 01, 2004 09:33 PM
Questions about my wally B-36...I'm new to foam. Boba_Fett Foamies (Kits) 8 Jun 11, 2002 04:36 PM
B 36 Trobber Parkflyers 3 Dec 30, 2001 01:33 PM