Sep 24, 2012, 04:58 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Just joking Dag about the fact it is a big bomber.... But yes, believe me Homeland security is watching all kinds of large models that could possibly carry a dangerous payload. Fortunately, he knew nothing about RC, and even less about turbine models or he would have bought something that was actually capable of doing so....

Sorry that I confused you, and again, I was just joking, and did not mean to stir anything up.......

SteveT
All is Kewl

I remember the turbine guy, but they guy was a idiot to even think he could pull it off. Total pipe dream, using a high wing load, fast aircraft that needs a bit of room to fly would be a perfect vehicle for delivering 5 pounds of something that has zero chance of working. I have sat around the flying field listening to all these crazy stories on how a RC plane can be used as a delivery system. Total rubbish, I wonder if people really know how dumb it sounds that you could hit anything with any accuracy, carrying any usable load....

Just not going to happen.

I once was with a bunch of pals flying at a guys farm, about 500 yards away was a barn, one of use said bet I can fly my PT 40 into the barn through the door. Fact is that each of use took turns and not only could we not fly threw the door, hell only one of use was able to hit the barn. Even a plane with a 30' wingspan is hard to tell distance and speed at 500 yards.

As you can tell this is a subject that I feel is just plain silly. If someone had the expertise to build such a plane with the intent to hurt anyone the last place they would be posting is RCG.

But... We should all be watching for post like this:
" Hey guys.... need some help..... I need to know the calcs for building a RC plane with a 20' span that can carry 100 pounds over 5 miles and with GPS and FPV land within 5 meters of where I want to go"

That is what we should all be looking for.

Rock ON... DAG

DAG
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2012, 05:05 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies
Dang it! DDAG ya Beat me By 51.5 inches! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1737151
its a 205inch MQ-9 Reaper (thought you'd be interested.. )

Now the Question Thing is That with the nature of my Build the CIA, Interpol and MI6 are probably Keeping an eye on me..
Well if they turn up at my doorstep Then ill know but anywho ..

sorry for de-railing the thread
K
Neat.....

Why In the World Do You Cap So Many Words In YouR Sentences? Does it Mean AnythinG????

Here's a UAV I designed 3 years ago, 31' span, 75 pounds, Hacker A-80. Actually I designed it with the intent of caring 3 HD cameras for a film buddy...

DAG
Sep 24, 2012, 05:09 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB
Hi Damon,

I fly my quarterscale Piper Cub with 50 W/pound safely.Usually I consider 75 W/pound is just right for scale flying. Everyone has to consider that the more power you add the more power you need to get all this in the air.

Cheers Alexander
Hey Buddy.

What a great 2 days we had

Got your e-mail last night..... Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!!

Even with all the drag the Emmaselle at 67 pounds only needs 40 W/pounds to putt-putt around the sky.....

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAG
Last edited by dag214; Sep 24, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Sep 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
No worries, take your time. With my work schedule I figure it will take me a few weeks before AI need them.

DAG
They are headed your way. The guy at the post office said they should be there either wed or thurs. Also realized while I was there how cheap the Priority Flat Rate Boxes are. Hope they help out. Enjoy.
Sep 24, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
They are headed your way. The guy at the post office said they should be there either wed or thurs. Also realized while I was there how cheap the Priority Flat Rate Boxes are. Hope they help out. Enjoy.
KEWL.....

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2012, 12:36 PM
The techs at DHS know full well the capabilities of small RC aircraft but that is not really the point. Gov't agencies are all about budgets and funding. The best way to increase your agency's size and budget funding is to establish a strong need for it. In this case every unturned rock is a threat to the nation. Soooo the "need" for the dept. to grow and more funding of course. I'm not saying they don't do good work but gov't agencies never seek to downsize on their own.

On the B-36 Dag are you creating separate wiring looms for each of your systems, or do you run a length of wire individually to each component one at a time? I can't imagine what all that wring will look like!

al
Sep 24, 2012, 01:00 PM
I snuck into his shop and took a photo of the wiring...

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaer
On the B-36 Dag are you creating separate wiring looms for each of your systems, or do you run a length of wire individually to each component one at a time? I can't imagine what all that wring will look like!

al
Sep 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
The schematic of Dag's B-36?
Sep 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
I had previously joked that dag was going to be able to knit this thing together rather than gluing it up LOL
Foo
Sep 25, 2012, 06:43 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaer
The techs at DHS know full well the capabilities of small RC aircraft but that is not really the point. Gov't agencies are all about budgets and funding. The best way to increase your agency's size and budget funding is to establish a strong need for it. In this case every unturned rock is a threat to the nation. Soooo the "need" for the dept. to grow and more funding of course. I'm not saying they don't do good work but gov't agencies never seek to downsize on their own.

al
I am making many system harnesses. An example would be my #1 bomb bays, there are 4 servos, which would need 3 Y-harnesses. Not only creating a bunch of failure points but all so adding a little weight. So what I did was solder up a 4 way harness for this system.

At this time it looks like I will have this:
Bomb Bay #1- 4-way harness
Bomb Bay #2- 4-way harness
Flaps #1 and #6- 4-way harness
Flaps #2 and #5- 4-way harness
Flaps #3 and #4- 4-way harness
Aileron (left)- 2-way harness
Aileron (right)- 2-way harness
Main Gear sub doors (right)- 2-way harness
Main Gear sub doors (left)- 2-way harness
Nose Gear Doors- 2-way harness
Elevator (left)- 2-way harness
Elevator (right)- 2-way harness
Rudder- 2-way harness

OMG

What have I gotten myself into

DAG
A real modeler like many of my pals here..... Not just a CAD poster with some fuzzy pics
Sep 25, 2012, 06:45 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting
I snuck into his shop and took a photo of the wiring...

Robert
Robert, thats just for my bomb bay.......

LOL,

Kewl....

DAG
Sep 25, 2012, 06:49 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Holy Batman Dag,

You must have rolls and rolls of wire and to run all that in the B-36, it will take days, weeks to get it all done and then, testing and re-testing to make sure it all works.

Oh my, it is mind boggleling to say the least.

You will have pounds and pounds of wire.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Sep 25, 2012, 06:54 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
Holy Batman Dag,

You must have rolls and rolls of wire and to run all that in the B-36, it will take days, weeks to get it all done and then, testing and re-testing to make sure it all works.

Oh my, it is mind boggleling to say the least.

You will have pounds and pounds of wire.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Hey buddy

Been meaning to respond to your e-mails, just be play catch up. Work has me smothered.

I measure everything that goes in. 2.8 pounds is my estimate on wire. But that also includes ESC, battery, and radio wire. It may top off at 3.4 if I screwed up my calcs bad.

Rock ON!!!!!!!
Damon
Sep 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
Quote:
Neat.....

Why In the World Do You Cap So Many Words In YouR Sentences? Does it Mean AnythinG????

Here's a UAV I designed 3 years ago, 31' span, 75 pounds, Hacker A-80. Actually I designed it with the intent of caring 3 HD cameras for a film buddy...

DAG
Wow ! Awesome! Did you ever build it ?

K
Sep 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
Quote:
Hey buddy

Been meaning to respond to your e-mails, just be play catch up. Work has me smothered.

I measure everything that goes in. 2.8 pounds is my estimate on wire. But that also includes ESC, battery, and radio wire. It may top off at 3.4 if I screwed up my calcs bad.

Rock ON!!!!!!!
Damon

3lbs of wire! Holy batman ! thats alot of Wiring

Quick Reply