257" B-36D Scratch Build 6 a turning and 4 a burning - Page 854 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 03, 2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
byrocat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
Considering that I've been working on a NexStar ARF conversion (sticking in a brfushless motor to replace the original IC setup) for three months plus, I'm not going to be the first to point a finger at you and go "nyah! nyah! nyah!" Just going to wait for the next great itdea or picture series to come along.

It's summer, time to fly and not to build......
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
Let's see..I bought my Turbine in '09...just, am getting the framing wood done for the mechanics. Am I behind schedule? or are you ahead...?
Oh wait!! this IS a HOBBY!!!! there is no schedule.. just have fun!! "better to take your time and do it right.. than to hurry, just to start over"???
Last edited by coptercptn; Jun 04, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Jun 03, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
RCBlackSheep's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
I say the size and length of time that this thread is, proves beyond question, that there is ALOT of patient people following it. Thank you for sharing with us.

Keep on rockin on Dag
Jun 05, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
I've never visited this forum before, and I just discovered this amazing thread.

My Lord, what a project. You're a better man than I, Dag. I really hope you get the mighty Peacemaker into the air some day.

I went up to the Castle AFB museum a couple of years ago and got this shot of a B-36 and a mockup of the insane 8-megaton, 40,000-pound Mark 16 nuke, which only it could carry:
Jun 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
I've never visited this forum before, and I just discovered this amazing thread.

My Lord, what a project. You're a better man than I, Dag. I really hope you get the mighty Peacemaker into the air some day.

I went up to the Castle AFB museum a couple of years ago and got this shot of a B-36 and a mockup of the insane 8-megaton, 40,000-pound Mark 16 nuke, which only it could carry:
Thanks!!!!!

DAG
Jun 06, 2012, 04:10 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Thanks all for the great comments, and I know this is only a hobby, but I REALLY want to get this baby in the air...........

There a guy with a VERY cool DC6 that is going to be flying very soon. I thought I would have beat him by a year..... Oh well.......

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAG
Jun 07, 2012, 01:56 AM
Scratch Builder
AlexanderB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Thanks all for the great comments, and I know this is only a hobby, but I REALLY want to get this baby in the air...........

There a guy with a VERY cool DC6 that is going to be flying very soon. I thought I would have beat him by a year..... Oh well.......

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAG
No, the guy with the DC-6 won't fly very soon :-)

Hopefully this year. But not very soon.

The race I still open

Rock on!!!

Cheers Alexander
Jun 07, 2012, 03:16 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB
The race is still open .....Cheers Alexander
But given the unquestionable expertise of the two runners, winning the race will never take precedence over safety and good engineering practice.

It is a pleasure to be even remotely (virtually?) associated with you chaps!
Jun 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User
byrocat's Avatar
As Chuck Yaeger said: there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots.......

The Mennonites have a phrase: The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get.

Make haste, slowly.....
Jun 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
I started checking the DC-6 thread, AlexanderB;s thread. Wow, now if anyone wants to see two great engineers, Dag and Alexander. Two great minds, in my opinion. I am sure there are many others, but I went to that thread since I saw Dag post something there. I started reading, oh my!!!!

So while Dag is away, making money to support his wonderful family, pay for the toys that the family has and to put some bucks away for the B-36, we can check in on AlexanderB's thread. Both are very interesting reads, I can't build worth a darn, but I do admire those who are so successful.

Have fun,
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Jun 08, 2012, 03:31 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
I can't build worth a darn, but I do admire those who are so successful....
I'm glad I'm not the only one who'll admit to being a duffer when it comes to building! It all seems to work well in my mind, but when I attempt to turn the mental process into three dimensional matter it all goes pear shaped

I build by proxy via threads like this these days!
Jun 08, 2012, 07:55 PM
Registered User
Colonel Blink, I couldn't have said it better for myself than what you said. In my mind all of the projects are great....in practice....not so much.

That is why I enjoy threads like this one.

al
Jun 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
When do you think you will get this covered?
Jun 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
Registered User
I note that even at some of the masters competitions (notably TopGun) that there are people who build, people who just fly (thus they have a team there) and those that do both (dag does both) because they are better at one thing than another.
Foo
Jun 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
I'm glad I'm not the only one who'll admit to being a duffer when it comes to building! It all seems to work well in my mind, but when I attempt to turn the mental process into three dimensional matter it all goes pear shaped

I build by proxy via threads like this these days!
x2

Building vicariously


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good B-36 site (drawing with cross sections, too!) Thomas B Scale Kit/Scratch Built 26 Oct 11, 2011 10:14 PM
Discussion B-36 B-52 kgmorris Scale Kit/Scratch Built 20 Jan 02, 2009 07:27 AM
b-36 dorysch1 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 32 Feb 01, 2004 09:33 PM
Questions about my wally B-36...I'm new to foam. Boba_Fett Foamies (Kits) 8 Jun 11, 2002 04:36 PM
B 36 Trobber Parkflyers 3 Dec 30, 2001 01:33 PM