Sep 30, 2008, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Who made this plane (MAYA)?

Does anyone have any idea what this beauty is/was, who kitted it and if it's still available? Thanks, Joser.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's a Maya designed and built by Dean Papas, I don't know if there ever was a kit. You can ask over in the Pattern forum on RCU as I know Dean is active there or on the NSRCA email list.
Oct 01, 2008, 08:38 AM
Quite some time ago, MK Models had it listed on their availables. Never saw one once the prices of their models accelorated upwards.

Wm.
Oct 01, 2008, 08:57 PM
Dean Pappas
Hello All,
Thanks Thermaleer!
The Maya MK5 picyured was kitted by Philips Aircraft in a glass fuse and foam wing form. That was back in the late'80s. The kit is no longer available, and I only have one fuselage left myself.
No one else (MK included) ever made a kit of the Maya.

I have been considering doing a 2-meter version for electric F3A.

Take care,
Dean Pappas
Oct 02, 2008, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
Dean! what a beautiful airplane! Would they qualify for either spa or bpa? At any rate if you would be interested in making a mold of the fuse you have left, let me know, I would pay for it!
Oct 03, 2008, 02:53 PM
Dean Pappas
hi again and thanks.
The entire MAYA series was started for the Turnaround. No ... SPA or BPA legal they are not! I'll let you know if anything changes on the kit availability front.
take care,
Dean
Jan 05, 2009, 10:43 PM
Beautiful airplane... questionable color scheme... HAHA sorry Deano!

-George
Jan 18, 2009, 10:04 AM
pattern flyer
Does anyone know any info on the Inspire 90 I have built one with a long stroke .61 YS is this enough power for this aircraft ? and if so which prop should i try I have some old max dailys 11 1/2 x 11 thanx old pattern flyer
May 07, 2009, 01:14 PM

Maya

Hey Dean, I remember back in the day, I was judging a pattern contest at Floyd Bennett Field and you were giving some pointers on judging. I remember you talking about the MAYA, you said the name meant My Airplane Your Airplane. Really sleak
Frank A Rega

Quick Reply