Dec 26, 2008, 12:03 AM
RC Freak
flybar parts. two parts that connect it on.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2008, 12:08 AM
Suspended Account
Those can be fixed with super glue and a half dozen twists of thread.
Just make sure you spin the shaft in your fingers to check and correct any wobbling bends.
Dec 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
Suspended Account
I can post some pics if needed.
Dec 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
RC Freak
i tried. then i lost one of the minute broken parts so i have to buy some new ones anyway. thanks for tryin to help though.
Dec 26, 2008, 12:14 AM
Suspended Account
No problem and happy flying.
I have over 100 flights on mine now.
Dec 26, 2008, 12:17 AM
RC Freak
thanks, i have 4 or 5 on mine lol
Dec 26, 2008, 12:23 AM
Suspended Account
The rule to not breaking them is cut the throttle off the second things look bad and all is well.

They are so light that this simple thing preserves them quite well.
Dec 26, 2008, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioAv8tor
Tavian, I have been Looking into that battery, what connector did you use? , is the battery's size an Issue?(I heard from a 'lil birdy Santa's bringing one for my Daughter, just thinking ahead)
I used a connector found in my electric stuff box, unfortunately don't remember the initial source. Batt. size was ok, I did a sliding adapter to hook the batt. under the heli.
Dec 27, 2008, 12:37 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
gotta love this bird
new owner thax Santa
Dec 27, 2008, 12:59 AM
Fly it like ya stole it!
Ok, My Daughter Loves "Her" Present! question: Why does the Tail always go right? how do I "trim"? I'm thinking it may be the fact that I'm having a hard time connecting the battery, and setting it down to initialize? How long should it sit to initialize?
Dec 27, 2008, 03:03 AM
Rocket Programmer
Set it down first and then plug in the battery and move away - let it sit till the light comes on - if it's blinking it didn't like something. Make sure always turn the radio on first. If it still spins, just use the trim buttons on the radio to fix that.
Dec 27, 2008, 08:13 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
OK, so I'm an idiot.... do you screw in (shorten) the right ball link or screw out (lengthen)? I ask because I screwed it in one full turn and the heli then went backwards and I had to trim in out and forward flight seemed worse. I then screwed it out two full turns (one turn to put it back the way it was, the other turn to lengthen it) and it drifted backwards even worse, so much that I used up all of the forward trim to get it to maintain a hover. I realized this was all with the canopy off *smacks forehead* and while I was trying to put the ball link back to where it was, it fell out of the servo. So I think it's 1/2 turn out from where it was and while I tried test-flying it with the canopy on, the battery died so it is now charging.

For faster forward flight, do you shorten the rod or lengthen it? Sorry for the stupid question... been flying fixed-wing for 10+ years but helis are still a mystery.
Wow, thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to put everything back together and it flies just fine in both directions. Now that I have a bit more understanding of what goes on, I may put the pushrod in a lower hole on the servo, or try to 'center' the servo a bit so there's more travel forward than backwards.
Jan 03, 2009, 06:11 PM
I just figured out a way to get more response, the mod takes 5 minutes! No drilling little (tiny) balls, no gluing, etc...
I found a black screw (from a micro-t losi car) that has the right diameter head, and the head is rounded, so the links snap right on to the screw head!
The screws are about 5-6mm long. What I did was drill two small holes 90 degrees from the original balls on the top part of the swash. I then simply screwed the screws in and popped on the links! Now I can also adjust the amount of throw by simply screwing in or out on the screws, even with the links installed (very small screwdriver)
This may cause more wear on the links, but time will tell.
Works great, and it's easy to adjust for tracking too.
Enjoy!!!
Jan 03, 2009, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha26
I just figured out a way to get more response, the mod takes 5 minutes! No drilling little (tiny) balls, no gluing, etc...
I found a black screw (from a micro-t losi car) that has the right diameter head, and the head is rounded, so the links snap right on to the screw head!
The screws are about 5-6mm long. What I did was drill two small holes 90 degrees from the original balls on the top part of the swash. I then simply screwed the screws in and popped on the links! Now I can also adjust the amount of throw by simply screwing in or out on the screws, even with the links installed (very small screwdriver)
This may cause more wear on the links, but time will tell.
Works great, and it's easy to adjust for tracking too.
Enjoy!!!
Pics?

Quick Reply