Blade mCX mods - Page 3 - RC Groups
Oct 01, 2008, 08:54 PM
I will be reversing this one into SolidWorks for future mods.

I am so excited I forgot to put that into the last post.

Great job guys!

Jonny
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2008, 09:42 PM
Airplane crasher
Just picked mine up tonight. Already ran two packs through it. Man this thing os un, and I am not a heli guy. The guy at the hobby shop talked me into it, and Ihavew been haveing fun so far. Dont ly it in the breezeway. just the slightest pu o wind and se goes out of control, but was un doing it.
Oct 01, 2008, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
As far as forward (and backward) flight is concerned, IMO this video shows adequate response for both counter and clockwise direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=879rWWl6xt4
CCbusa 05.......is your video with the stock MCX and stock transmitter. In other words, did you modify your MCX in order to fly like that. Very nice video.
Last edited by duganderson; Oct 02, 2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: I may have not been clear enough in my question.
Oct 01, 2008, 09:52 PM
Rocket Programmer
Huh?

Watch the video
E-Flite Blade mCX Consumer Review (31 min 11 sec)
Oct 01, 2008, 10:21 PM
Has a slipped rotor disk!

Oh my word!!!

I was one of the lucky folks to pick this up at my LHS just this afternoon. I was out the door with upper and lower rotor replacements and a spare flybar for $112.

I picked up the BNF version and flipped the DIP switches in my LP5 TX that came with my Blade CX2.

It has been nothing but sh*ts and giggling grins in my house.

This machine is *rock* stable out of the box. Two clicks from center on the rudder was all that was needed for her to lock and hold tail steady.

My brother whom has to this day *NEVER* flown a model helicopter of any scale was able to hover it, fly it around the cramped living room a few times and then LAND it softly at his feet. We passed the TX back and forth, taking turns.

My father, though an accomplished builder of boats and planes was "all thumbs when it comes to things with spinning blades as a means of lift" was able to spot land it and take off multiple times after a few false attempts.

4 full battery charges went though my hands without a single mishap even though I was showing off some pretty advanced maneuvers I could only previously perform outside with my CX2. With a little coaxing, she does FF just fine and banking figure 8 loops in the space of a 15x20 room were the norm.

How much more can I express my pleasure at having to wait (patiently mind you) a month and a half after getting the news of an Eflite sub-micro and finding it to be MUCH more than I expected straight out of the box?

If you are still straddling the fence on the purchase of this little machine, DO IT. DO IT now. DO IT with confidence. Fly the snot out of it, it's made for it and it's such a simple thing to pilot about after learning the sticks on my CX2.
Oct 02, 2008, 06:28 AM
This MCX makes me look like a RC Heli Flying PRO!! I can do full forward figure 8 circuits. Land backwards, fly backwards or do anything else I want. I seem to be able to put it or make it do whatever I wish without any thought on stick input. Makes me wanna try a bigger heli? I doubt I will have the same results!!!
Oct 02, 2008, 07:41 AM
Airplane crasher
Part of the fun I had last night with mine was dodging the cat paws that tried to knock it out of the air. It was a real pleasure to play with and had a lot of fun.
Oct 02, 2008, 10:00 AM

Excessive rudder trim needed and creased battery

I just received my blade mcx. Very cool heli. However, I had a problem in which I had to apply a lot of rudder trim to keep the thing straight. A quick inspection of the bottom of the heli revealed the culprit. When the battery is slid into its holder, the upper side of the battery cage that presses against the top of the battery is deflected upwards. If your battery is just thick enough (as mine was) it deflects the cage high enough to press against the bottom of the center prop shaft. This causes excess drag on the shaft, causing extra rudder trim. Iím sure it also caused a decrease in flight time, but I have not timed the difference. I noticed that when I removed my battery, it had a nasty crease right down the middle of it after the very first flight. I simply used my Dremel tool to grind off a bit of the battery cage protrusion (see included pics). You can see how there is a good sized gap between the battery frame and the prop shaft without the battery installed. When it is installed, the gap is gone. After filing the area and inserting the battery again, the gap is now there, though not as wide as it once was. Hopefully this will not crease the battery any further. The battery cageís grip on the battery is still more than sufficient to keep the battery from sliding out on its own.
Oct 02, 2008, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duganderson
CCbusa 05.......is your video with the stock MCX and stock transmitter. In other words, did you modify your MCX in order to fly like that. Very nice video.
Please note, my fault if there was an assumption that this is my video, it's not. I just referred to it in answer to a FF question after I found the vid on youtube.
Oct 02, 2008, 10:05 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
I've also noticed the left bank versus right bank speed difference on mine. It banks left briskly, but forward speed slows to a crawl in a right bank. It won't do figure 8's very well because of this. But otherwise it's a great little heli!
Oct 02, 2008, 10:10 AM
Hay all peep this: http://www.micro-flight.com/Walkera%205-6.htm

I bought this canopy for my DayWalker but it appeared to be a tad too big. But for the mcx it would be spot on!

But I sold the canopy some time ago. So it looks like one of us needs to buy and try to mount it to the mcx. Any volunteers?
Oct 02, 2008, 02:30 PM

Blade mCX in SolidWorks

Here is the start of the Main Frame

Jonny
Oct 02, 2008, 04:06 PM
After about 30 minutes of work... Will take a little bit to get it finished. My girlfriend had her knee replaced yesterday, so I am heading up to the hospital now.

Have a good evening...

Jonny
Oct 02, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
lookin good john!! cant wait to see the final model. when your finished, could i maybe bother you for a copy of the file?
Oct 02, 2008, 06:15 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJohnston
Here is the start of the Main Frame

Jonny

I miss solid works... I wonder if my student addition copy will still load.

ProE loads

Looks great Jonny!

Quick Reply