May 01, 2012, 03:29 PM
I eat glue
I think he designs them with" intentional weak spots", so to speak, so that breaks rather than the whole bird. I did the same with mine, but it got destroyed in my move to Nova Scotia from Manitoba (2800 miles in a U-Haul truck). Gotta get another one.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2015, 12:00 AM
Matt Haugh
Hey Pat, building this kit now and confused by the A2A label in the center section of the wing on the plans. I don't see the diagram you reference at all. A2A appears to go out at the outer end of the spars. Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle View Post
Construction began with the outer wing panels.

Also, there has been a bit of confusion with gluing the two piece main (Part #A1 & A1A) and rear spar sections (Part #A2 & A2A) together. The spars are over 24" in length, and since the cut sheets are only 24" long, the spars had to be cut in two sections. A diagram for that has also been added to the plans to help clear up ant further confusion as to how they join up.
Aug 07, 2015, 12:05 AM
Matt Haugh
Just realized that there are two different parts labeled A2A. I'll figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy View Post
Hey Pat, building this kit now and confused by the A2A label in the center section of the wing on the plans. I don't see the diagram you reference at all. A2A appears to go out at the outer end of the spars. Am I right?
Aug 07, 2015, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
The reason the spars are built up in 2 sections -- inner and outer -- is because the cut sheets are too short to send the spars in one piece. The assembly drawing is on Sheet 1 of the plans directly below the R. H. wing showing the orientation of A2 & A2A. The A1/A1A and A3/A3A spars go together the same way, per the assembly drawings on the upper RH side of the same drawing.

PAT
Jul 21, 2019, 09:55 AM

Another bush flying cub

I recently finished building this nicely designed cub. I mostly followed the design, but made some small adjustments here and there (most notably, the wing can be separated in two). And I followed the ideas presented previously in the thread about making it a bush fly version with big trexler wheel (I made them a bit thinner as also suggested). Flying is great, had no idea a non-foam plane could fly that slow (with flaps down). I used a 2S power system with 1300 mAh lipo, which is totally adequate.
Oct 24, 2019, 01:42 PM
Semper Fi
great looking bird obodin
Nov 14, 2020, 12:05 PM
What c rating are you guys using on the lipos for this plane?

Thanks

Quick Reply