Dec 21, 2017, 01:50 PM
Closed Account
Anyone doing any reinforcements to the plastic chassis? Crossbars etc?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2017, 07:36 PM
mkpatrick
So far I haven't needed that.
The electronic board sometimes needs to have the leads re-seated.

I added a crew figure and am trying to find a replacement 50 cal gun/mount because mine broke. I also painted a bit of the road wheels with a rust colour wash so they have those rust stains.

But I've run mine over all sorts of terrain. I have kept it out of moisture or water. But terrain has not hurt this tank at all.
I have the M41A3.
Dec 22, 2017, 06:57 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...
No needs for crossbars or other things like it, but I rebuilt the suspension axles of "PanTiger", Panther 3819, by using rc airplane linkage stoppers. And when all but one was done, I found these... I felt extremely intelligent at that moment...
Dec 23, 2017, 05:42 PM
Closed Account
Im about to receive an m1a2 abrams all plastic.

I ordered steel gears (not the ones with bearings) and metal sprockets. I'm sticking to plastic tracks for now its all i can afford at the time so hopefully they'll be ok for now.

The photos below aren't mine but i have seen a few people doing this with their chassis. The abrams is a little longer than most so i was kinda concerned.
Dec 24, 2017, 10:20 AM
So yeah my Tiger I doesn't seem to be running. Everytime Im turn it on and try to move it, the tank just switches back to standby. Any suggestions why?
Dec 24, 2017, 12:19 PM
mkpatrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonovaRC
So yeah my Tiger I doesn't seem to be running. Everytime Im turn it on and try to move it, the tank just switches back to standby. Any suggestions why?
My M41 does that too.
I got another control board for it. I was taking it apart to change it out and noticed a wire loose. I fixed that, it was fine.
They may not look loose but may still be so wiggle them or re-plug them.

Its worth a try.
Dec 28, 2017, 02:30 PM
Hi,
My first rc tank was a Heng Long special edition Sherman. What a pile of s---e. All sorts of problems, so it was returned. I have since bought a Taigan all metal version Tiger 1, a Torro King Tiger all metal version, and a Torro all metal version Sherman. The King Tiger and Sherman came with wooden boxes. Consequently, I will not purchase a Heng Long tank. I have a friend with Heng Long, and he has had no problemsbut you get what you pay for and Taigan/Torro are far better quality. Just my opinion.
Martin
Dec 29, 2017, 09:16 AM
I meant to do that!
Taigen/Torro/Mato

Are all upgraded Heng Longs
Dec 29, 2017, 09:19 AM
I meant to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recumbent
Im about to receive an m1a2 abrams all plastic.

I ordered steel gears (not the ones with bearings) and metal sprockets. I'm sticking to plastic tracks for now its all i can afford at the time so hopefully they'll be ok for now.

The photos below aren't mine but i have seen a few people doing this with their chassis. The abrams is a little longer than most so i was kinda concerned.
They add braces because the metal geats and sprockets dont give like the plastic ones, so somethings gotta give. Make sure you fuse the motors so you dont fry your board.
Dec 29, 2017, 09:20 AM
I meant to do that!
Anyone have spare M26 parts? Mostly the cannon and upper hull.
Dec 30, 2017, 02:17 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus
They add braces because the metal geats and sprockets dont give like the plastic ones, so somethings gotta give. Make sure you fuse the motors so you dont fry your board.
Wow i didnt think of that. How does one do that?
Dec 31, 2017, 08:10 AM
I meant to do that!
Get 2 fuse holders and fuses , solder inline of the pos wire to each motor.
Dec 31, 2017, 01:46 PM
Closed Account
Is this whey i need?
Jan 01, 2018, 08:54 AM
I meant to do that!
Those will work, just get what you can find a t your local auto parts store. I used mini fuses as they are easier to find.
Jan 01, 2018, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus
Those will work, just get what you can find a t your local auto parts store. I used mini fuses as they are easier to find.
These fuses are also higher rated for current than what you can get in 20mm size and are all slow blow (which is what is needed). What 6A (approx 12A breaking)?

Quick Reply