Jun 12, 2001, 08:22 PM
Brian, Southern Oregon

Where's the best place to buy Monokote, Oracover, or Ultracote?

I'm going to be covering a large sailplane (100"), and assume it will take 4 six foot rolls. I know the stuff's not cheap. So... go any great sources? I don't even know where I can go to "see" the various colors? Help?
Brian
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2001, 08:06 AM
AirHead
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Offsite link). It is temporarily hidden while AirHead edits it.
Jun 14, 2001, 07:05 PM
Also, www.hobby-lobby.com/discontinued.htm has some rolls of Oracover on clearance.

rt
Jun 14, 2001, 09:01 PM
Old Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by DocMac:
I'm going to be covering a large sailplane (100"), and assume it will take 4 six foot rolls. I know the stuff's not cheap. So... go any great sources? I don't even know where I can go to "see" the various colors? Help?
Brian
Most covering products are 24+ inches wide and most 100" wings are far less than 12" chord. You probably only need 2 rolls for 100" ship. The Majestic at 110" with the V-Tail used 2 rolls of product and left me sizeable scraps for repairs.
Ron

Here's a source for color charts. http://www.top-flite.com/monokote/monokote.html

[This message has been edited by Ron Cichowski (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old May 26, 2008, 04:39 PM
Eric1180
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while Eric1180 edits it.

Quick Reply