New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:22 AM
Smokescreen38 is offline
Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Smokescreen38's Avatar
Discussion

New: big Kyosho F-2 (Japanese Air Self Defense Force variant of F-16) with 79mm fan


Coool... a unique version of a popular shape, a striking paint job, a big fan...

Looks great!



http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8


For more information about the F-2, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
Andy chen is offline
Find More Posts by Andy chen
R&D Engineer
Very beautiful aircraft. I always like KYOSHO's aircraft.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
skyhawk is offline
Find More Posts by skyhawk
A-4 nut!!
skyhawk's Avatar
Looks good.......and abput time they went back to a bigger fan!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:43 PM
RCAV8R13 is offline
Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
RCAV8R13's Avatar
Looks nice. I'll bet with a HET fan w/ LS 1400 a little ducting work and you could get rid of the cheater holes. Then she would gitty up.

Kip
Old Sep 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
AR1516 is offline
Find More Posts by AR1516
Amped UP!
Could not get the link to work. Looks like a cool plane though. When is this suppose to be available?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:27 PM
lavochkin is offline
Find More Posts by lavochkin
Suspended Account
lavochkin's Avatar
wow!!! It has full flying stabs too! Thats a first.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 07:41 PM
herk1 is offline
Find More Posts by herk1
Trash Hauler emeritus
herk1's Avatar
I don't get it...this new plane is only a little bigger than their current tiny F-16 (35 inches long vs. 30 inches long)...and it's going to fit a 79mm DF in it? Heck, it's still smaller than the Phase 3. And the weight seems high for the size. Maybe something in those stats is a typo.

Looks like heavily exaggerated wings (not complaining, I'm OK with that). It would be nice if they would provide some landing gear for a change though. Whoever develops their DF products must not have access to a hard-surface takeoff/landing area...and isn't interested in seeking market share with those of us who do.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 01:34 AM
lavochkin is offline
Find More Posts by lavochkin
Suspended Account
lavochkin's Avatar
It looks decent actually! Thats another first for me with kyosho foam edf's. They should of just made it like the illusion. Composite w/balsa covered wings. The paint is kinda cool on it. The intake is decently scale, but the wings are kinda thick looking. Being Kyosho Im sure its gonna have a Kyosho price too!! Especially being a bigger fan of theirs. I hope it has a lot more room under the canopy than the last 16 they made. I bought it built it and never flew it. I hated it!!! So I gave it to my bro as a static model.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
ssgtakeo is offline
Find More Posts by ssgtakeo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
I don't get it...this new plane is only a little bigger than their current tiny F-16 (35 inches long vs. 30 inches long)...and it's going to fit a 79mm DF in it? Heck, it's still smaller than the Phase 3. And the weight seems high for the size. Maybe something in those stats is a typo.

Looks like heavily exaggerated wings (not complaining, I'm OK with that). It would be nice if they would provide some landing gear for a change though. Whoever develops their DF products must not have access to a hard-surface takeoff/landing area...and isn't interested in seeking market share with those of us who do.
Actually the F-2 has a noticeably bigger wing than an F-16C, probably why it looks exaggerated on the model.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 01:36 PM
skyhawk is offline
Find More Posts by skyhawk
A-4 nut!!
skyhawk's Avatar
Your right - The F-2 is bigger Check out the pic with the 2 planes overlayed on each other at the bottom of this link.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...n/f-2-pics.htm
Old Sep 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
Smokescreen38 is offline
Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Smokescreen38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk
Your right - The F-2 is bigger Check out the pic with the 2 planes overlayed on each other at the bottom of this link.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...n/f-2-pics.htm
Great link, skyhawk.

Its interesting that the Kyosho EDF55 F-16's wings are more like these on the F-2...maybe they just rebadged it as an F-16?

Regardless, the EDF79 F-2 model looks pretty scale....
Old Oct 07, 2008, 01:47 PM
TimJohnson is offline
Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Split S
TimJohnson's Avatar
This bird is not foam. It is fiberglass and Balsa.
Old Oct 07, 2008, 11:19 PM
kelberts is offline
Find More Posts by kelberts
Effumall
kelberts's Avatar
The intake looks scale?? Not to me, unless it's pretty different from an F-16 on the full-scale plane -
Old Oct 08, 2008, 01:07 AM
tomme21 is offline
Find More Posts by tomme21
tom
tomme21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
Coool... a unique version of a popular shape, a striking paint job, a big fan...

Looks great!



http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8


For more information about the F-2, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2
you gotta love googles translation. the page should have been left in chinese.

Radio control model is not a toy!
確実で正しい組立てと整備、周囲に配慮した飛行場所の選択等がなければ、安全な飛行は不可能となり危険です 。 Ensure the correct assembly and maintenance, airport stations around the conscious choice to have such a safe flight is impossible and dangerous.
人身事故等を防ぐために、ご自身が責任を持って安全確保を行って下さい。 In order to prevent such fatal accidents, with responsibility for your own safety, please go to. 初心者の単独飛行は絶対に止めてください。 The absolute beginner to solo flight, please stop
Old Oct 08, 2008, 01:59 AM
TimJohnson is offline
Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Split S
TimJohnson's Avatar
LOL Tommie, that tool can be fun here at Kyosho....LOL


This is for those that think this is similar to an F-16....LOL you are right, execpt, the F-2 has some changes required by the Japan Airforce

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/f2/index.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hong Kong Self Defense Force HSB Patrol Boat Chris Nicastro Scale Boats 4 Oct 01, 2007 11:31 AM
F/S: BRAND NEW SPEED 480 Motors (2) Lv2Fly Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Oct 28, 2003 10:45 PM
Kyosho F-16 ARF Ducted Fan Jet Plane (NEW) countmonk Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Nov 11, 2002 09:14 PM
New OEM Kyosho Seawind hull F/S Turbosun Boats (FS/W) 0 Nov 01, 2002 10:58 PM
= WANTED = Kyosho F-16 new or used Kolchak Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 13, 2001 12:18 AM