Sep 26, 2008, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

arc brooklyn progress

giving it a try to post some pictures on my work on the brooklyn in 1/96 scale
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2008, 03:54 PM
Retired for now
Looks like you did it right. Very nice looking project. What year was the Arc Brooklyn built and is it a battle ship? I'm not up on the old ships yet but I see a lot of them on this forum. So welcome to the group and please post all the pictures you want. We love pictures. Pete
Sep 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
Thread OP
1895 she was classed as an armoured cruiser, will get to have that great white and buff colors when completed.
Sep 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Looks very nice!! Predreadnut is going to enjoy following this one.
Sep 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
You better believe it!! You did very nice work creating the hull. When the time comes, let me know what color you choose for the "buff". I've done a little research on this, it was very interesting. Also, you have a very nice workspace.

Chuck, did you see the closeup pictures I posted of the S boat?
Sep 26, 2008, 06:26 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Wasn't the Brooklyn built for the Navy in a French shipyard?
Sep 26, 2008, 08:40 PM
Retired for now
Good heavens! A French shipyard? Did it sink? Pete
Sep 26, 2008, 09:22 PM
The armoured cruiser Brooklyn was built at the William Cramp and Sons Ship and Engine Building Co. in Philadelphia, PA. Her design was heavily influenced by the French with abundant tumblehome. She was commissioned Dec. 1, 1896.
Sep 26, 2008, 11:51 PM
Grumpa Tom
smith: Are those "Hansen" motors you have in there?
Latest blog entry: My new AT-6
Sep 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
That bench looks very much like an old lab bench with a soap stone top. Actually the terminal strip and cabinets could also be in any of the hundreds of labs I've been in.
Sep 27, 2008, 09:13 AM
Retired for now
Thank you predreadnut for clarifying that.I feel much better now but that was a close one. Pete
Sep 27, 2008, 11:53 PM
420TEE, I thought that it looked like a lab also. In fact, my science lab back in high school was set up that way. Nice area to build models. Tghsmith, here's something from roughly the same era that Im working on SLOWLY.
Sep 28, 2008, 04:58 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
Good heavens! A French shipyard? Did it sink? Pete
Be nice... remember that it was the French that came to our rescue a few years ago when we were fighting the redcoats.

Tim, yes I saw those closeups of the S-boat. Thanks!
Sep 28, 2008, 08:16 AM
Retired for now
Yup and then we rescued them from the Germans and they gave us the statue of liberty. Didn't help at all in Iraq and now don't seem to like us much. Pete
Sep 28, 2008, 07:14 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
and now back to arc brooklyn....

Quick Reply