Feb 13, 2003, 08:49 PM
Dismember

My Voyager E has a bad case of the shakes

After recovering from a crash, my Voyager has been left with a violent vibration originating from the tail. I've tried replacing the tail shaft, hub, blade grips and blades with no luck. If I run without the tail blades, the vibration goes away. I've checked the balance and it's fine. I doubt it has anything to do with it, but since the crash, I also upgraded to a CF frame and boom. Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2003, 08:54 PM
Are you sure your main shaft isn't bent?

Hank
Feb 13, 2003, 09:07 PM
Dismember
It was. I had to rebuild the head after the crash. The vibration is definately comming from the tail.
Aug 03, 2003, 01:02 PM

Re: My Voyager E has a bad case of the shakes

Quote:
Originally posted by mardy
After recovering from a crash, my Voyager has been left with a violent vibration originating from the tail. I've tried replacing the tail shaft, hub, blade grips and blades with no luck. If I run without the tail blades, the vibration goes away. I've checked the balance and it's fine. I doubt it has anything to do with it, but since the crash, I also upgraded to a CF frame and boom. Any ideas?
Did you ever solve your vibration problem?
Was it a loose or twisted belt?
Aug 03, 2003, 01:07 PM
Dismember
That was a while ago!

It turned out to be one of the tail rotor shaft bearings. They just snap into the plastic tail assembly. I put a small drop of CA on it and that fixed the problem.
Aug 03, 2003, 01:27 PM
Wow, so the bearing was spinning in the tail mount causing vibration?