Sep 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
SoarNut
Thread OP
Discussion

It's time to start thinking about winter projects

The days are getting shorter so the soaring season is winding down in Michigan. It's time to think about building again. I saw one of Barry Kennedy's "Miles" 2 meter sailplanes this past weekend at the WSM's. A little pricey but very nice looking kit.

What are you planning to build?

Dennis Hoyle
WMSS
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
I ordered the short-kit for the Thermal Queen from www.skybench.com for this winter’s build… Found next to no information out on the internet about this plane… Having said that, I will be doing a build log here:

Carl Lorber's 12 foot Thermal Queen
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838504

If anyone else is up for making this there winter project as well, get your short-kit ordered and join in on the build log… This is new territory for me with the Eppler airfoil and the shoulder mounted wing… The more the merrier…!
Sep 23, 2008, 01:19 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Finish the Oly III that's on the board right now, then the two Marauders I started and then back-burnered. Rebuild my crashed 1/3 ASK-13 and in the meantime throw together my Blaster and Hybrid Detect E. If I can get all that out the door I really really want to build my Sailaire kit I have been hoarding for ages.

Sean
Sep 23, 2008, 01:52 PM
SoarNut
Thread OP
I saw that post earlier, that is a monster. I'll watch for the build log.

Dh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAce
I ordered the short-kit for the Thermal Queen from www.skybench.com for this winter’s build… Found next to no information out on the internet about this plane… Having said that, I will be doing a build log here:

Carl Lorber's 12 foot Thermal Queen
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838504

If anyone else is up for making this there winter project as well, get your short-kit ordered and join in on the build log… This is new territory for me with the Eppler airfoil and the shoulder mounted wing… The more the merrier…!
Sep 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
SoarNut
Thread OP
Hi Sean, sorry to hear about the ASK-13, hope it's not too bad. It sounds like you have a full plate.

Dh

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Finish the Oly III that's on the board right now, then the two Marauders I started and then back-burnered. Rebuild my crashed 1/3 ASK-13 and in the meantime throw together my Blaster and Hybrid Detect E. If I can get all that out the door I really really want to build my Sailaire kit I have been hoarding for ages.

Sean
Sep 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
I have so many laying around that I think I'm going to write each project name on a post it note, put em on the wall, blindfold myself and throw a dart to pick LOL

I'd like to build a decent 2 meter, maybe a whisper by Airtronics with a few tweaks.

That Miles looks like a great 2 meter build, but I think if I get another kit here, my wife will freak out LOL

Steve
Sep 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
SoarNut
Thread OP
I know what you mean Steve. I took my wife Jean over to take a look at the actual plane and said: See isn't that nice!

I didn't work then though...
Sep 23, 2008, 03:33 PM
agony sweetns the victory
I'm building a 2 panel BD wing to fit a Condor (Houston Hawk) fuse (takes a shoulder mounted wing).

And I've got two 2M scratch composite wing planes to finish up. The wings are 90% done, just some tail and servo installation effort remains.....

These will keep me busy enough.
Sep 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
I wish we had build weather like you guys back east, sort of.
Sep 23, 2008, 03:53 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
I have to stop myself from thinking I want to BUILD anything new, and just finish what I've got started. (The list is embarrassingly long.) (But man I would so love to have a BoT ready for spring.. or an Oly II.. or a Dave Jones Raven... )
Nightowl
Sep 23, 2008, 05:57 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
.....but I just finished my LAST winter's project.......
Sep 23, 2008, 06:12 PM
SSP#14 aspirant
Well lets see what is in queue
Finish
Ad-hoc DLG
Mini BoT
New fuselage for Yahoo
Scratch build a full house 2M woody with a SD7084 airfoil
start a 2M LEG Crossover
Oh yeah and molded Depron 1.5M Fox from Hobby Lobby
Yeah thats about it
Soar Dude
Sep 23, 2008, 06:51 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Well, let's see:

Modify Spirit ARF wing, since PWC decided to ignore the leaking AC unit that flooded my room and trashed the kit wing I was working on....

Scratch build a 2M wing for two fuses I have laying around.....

And get ready to transfer back to Sea Duty in July.
Sep 23, 2008, 07:00 PM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
I'm planning on a Spirit Elite and a Marauder. Plus I have to finish two DLGs, maybe my Vandals or Arrows will appear by Christmas. Oh the goose bumps from the excitement.
Sep 23, 2008, 07:07 PM
You looking at me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinolio
I know what you mean Steve. I took my wife Jean over to take a look at the actual plane and said: See isn't that nice!

I didn't work then though...

Gee, I did the same thing with mine when I showed her a Icon II. Same reaction, her rolling her eyes. Then I tried to reason with her, "Ok, I'll just buy the Surprise XIII-F5B and save 1K" That did not seem to work either.....

Ed
www.commonsenserc.com

Quick Reply