This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Weep not for me, m'lady.

Well, it would appear that I can add another plane to the list of past models.

Funny thing is, I'm not too broken up over it.

I refer to the loss today of the second (and final) Raiden Tech Zero Fighter-25. That model was my very first review here at RCGroups and a "beauty shot" of it when it was new graces the Wikimedia Commons as a public domain photo.

Poor little plane was never quite right after a mishap with a crossed-up elevator control crunched the horizontal stab. Since Raiden Tech/Nitromodels has absolutely ZERO spare parts for said Zero, not to mention the worst customer service in the history of model aviation, I had to make do.

I was trying to get the little monster flying right earlier today, but the elevator simply wouldn't stay aligned due to flexing of the repaired stabilizer, itself incorrectly installed when I first assembled the model. My fault, I fear. All it wanted to do was to pitch up no matter what I did. 'Twas an ongoing problem which really took all the fun out of flying it. I figured it was do or die. Either the thing was going to fly or it was going to become a static display with the O.S. FX 25 and radio gear destined for one of those neat little Great Planes .25 warbirds I'd passed up in favor of the Zero..

About the time I got it to pitch down instead of up, the repaired stab let go.

Lawn dart!

In a way, I was relieved. I paid less than a hundred bucks for it, delivered to my door about a year ago. I already had the engine and servos on hand from my first Raiden Tech Zero, one given to me by a friend. He'd set his up as an electric and when the battery shifted on its maiden flight, boom. I thought he had a midair collision with it, but no.

My conservative estimate of more than seventy flights coupled with the low purchase price amortizes out to a spectacular deal. She went down hard once before, kept on flying despite all odds and went out with a bang. No time to field strip the components, so I'll dissect what's left tonight after work.

Once I hit the "Submit New Thread" button, I do believe I'll be choosing my Great Planes fighter.

I've ordered the P-40 Warhawk.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Sep 18, 2008 at 01:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply