Thread Tools
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Discussion

Crap, my heli was stolen!


I bought a Walkera 38, the Post Office confirmed they delivered it yesterday. I never saw it, somebody took it from my front porch. They took my wife's hanging plant, too. I've never heard of anything like that happening around here, so it wasn't insured. Damn!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:16 PM
newbie39 is offline
Find More Posts by newbie39
sacramento , CA
newbie39's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
I bought a Walkera 38, the Post Office confirmed they delivered it yesterday. I never saw it, somebody took it from my front porch. They took my wife's hanging plant, too. I've never heard of anything like that happening around here, so it wasn't insured. Damn!

Thats a federal offense!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie39
Thats a federal offense!
That only matters if you are caught. I have to believe somebody will show up looking for advise or repairs, at the LHS or some online forum. If you don't know how to fly a heli, odds are good you will break something.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:42 PM
jupiter1 is offline
Find More Posts by jupiter1
Lost in space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
That only matters if you are caught. I have to believe somebody will show up looking for advise or repairs, at the LHS or some online forum. If you don't know how to fly a heli, odds are good you will break something.

More likely they sold it for pennys on the dollar to support a truly bad habit . Sorry about your loss . This is a lesson for us all , times are tuff and they well get tuffer before they get better .
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
whilrybird is offline
Find More Posts by whilrybird
Registered User
You did buy it with a credit card? I would just tell the vendor I never received it. If they send another one great, if not just tell your credit card company the package never arrived. There is what you call buyers protection insurance with credit cards. Next time insure it and/or make sure they don't just leave packages on the porch.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
dze is offline
dze
Find More Posts by dze
dze
Registered User
they'll probably come back .. rig a dummy package and stuff it with newspaper with a nice fat wet dog poop in the middle ...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:30 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
I just came from filing a police report. They told me the whole street I live on got hit. They knew what street it was as soon as said I wanted to report a theft.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:50 PM
PLATINUM is offline
Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Idle up!
PLATINUM's Avatar
Man that sucks! If you bought it with a credit card it might actually be insured. You should check that out
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
darthdrk is offline
Find More Posts by darthdrk
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
I got bugularized last week myself. I think the post office is pretty stupid for leaving packages on a persons front porch. At one time they use to leave a slip of paper telling you you have a package at the post office. I myself I dont like packages left on my door step. I basically have parcels or packages shipped to my PO Box. Not really much of a chance someone stealing it. Hate to hear that alot of theft is going on.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
Tamej is offline
Find More Posts by Tamej
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
You did buy it with a credit card? I would just tell the vendor I never received it. If they send another one great, if not just tell your credit card company the package never arrived.
That would be a lie. And then Balr14 would be stealing.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:27 PM
Roto Rob is offline
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Registered User
Last week I saw someone trying to break into a house across the street from me. He saw me and got on his scooter to leave. If I had gone for a rifle instead of to phone the police, I could have got him.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:11 PM
Blade_Killer is offline
Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
innocent victim
Blade_Killer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
Last week I saw someone trying to break into a house across the street from me. He saw me and got on his scooter to leave. If I had gone for a rifle instead of to phone the police, I could have got him.
and you would have been fine here in Texas shooting him....
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
Balr14 is offline
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Now my wife is pissed at me for blowing $200!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:06 AM
66tbird is offline
Find More Posts by 66tbird
To many projects
66tbird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
they'll probably come back .. rig a dummy package and stuff it with newspaper with a nice fat wet dog poop in the middle ...
That will just make them mad and they'll want to get even.

When I lived in the burbs and it happened to me I quickly bought a motion sensing camera setup off ebay. X10 stuff basically. Pain to setup, but it caught the jerks stealing a four figure package that the PO shouldn't of left without a sig.

I pressed charges and didn't let up. They were all kids (16-17) and their parents begged me not to for weeks, Even brought over a new item of what was first taken. That's when I knew these parents had been through this song and dance before keeping their kid from the law. So I hit each neighbor a block around me and all the way to school. Many had missing mail,

Long story short, three families moved, neighborhood back to normal. Until it was over run by illegals, then I moved, at the housing boom peak
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:20 AM
Montag DP is offline
Find More Posts by Montag DP
Sink stinks
Montag DP's Avatar
You named your heli Crap? And someone stole it?

Just kidding, that sucks. I'd be very upset if that happened to me.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm Firing my Heli Mechanic rscamp Electric Heli Talk 5 Jul 04, 2002 05:55 PM
My Zagi was flapping like a bird Joe B Foamies (Kits) 4 Mar 17, 2002 06:48 PM
I thought my Tigermoth was dead King Kong Parkflyers 1 Oct 27, 2001 09:47 AM
I Got My Heli Back!!!!!!!! jk Electric Heli Talk 10 Sep 29, 2001 02:52 PM
My Heli attracts idiots JIMJAM Electric Heli Talk 8 Apr 29, 2001 03:35 PM