Sep 15, 2008, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

How to enlarge single sheet diagram to multiple tile plans

Hello all,

I have a wild hair to build a profile A-6 Intruder. Attached are the diagrams I will be basing the plans off of. Once I get these plans enlarged correctly I will start a building thread for the model.

I am finishing a Yard Bird YB-22. Hey Yard Bird, great kit!!!!! I am wanting to keep close to scale, size wise with the YB-22.

Ok, all you builders, check my methods and math. I have faith you will let me know of my mistakes.

Real F-22 WS is 534". The YB-22 is 24" WS. This will give me something like a scale of 1/22.25. This is the base scale for the Intruder.

The actual Intruder WS is 636" and length of 655". At 1/22.25 the model's WS should be 28.5" and length 29.5".

Assuming my math is good, now come time for sheet enlarging.

The side profile sheet attached, when printed, show the length of the plane as 10 1/8". To produce a full size sheet I need to enlarge it 2.8 times.

The top profiles shows a half WS of 4 7/8". For a full size sheet I need to enlarge it 2.9 times.

One last note, I had to change the file format from TIFF to JPG. Printing off the JPG might produce a slightly varied size.

ANYWAY.... Now, again assuming my math is right, and please tell me if it isn't, I need someone to explain to me how to enlarge these images to produce full size tiles off my computer.

Ok, I will stop talking now and listen.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Mike
Last edited by wartoy; Sep 15, 2008 at 01:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2008, 01:16 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
look for scale&tile from bill seagraves unforunately he may not be here that much do to family issues, do a search of the forums using the search tool in here and you should be able to find his posts on it , once you do you send him a email and he will then send you the files needed and they are then set up and you can do all the scaling of your file it works with pdf files so if you can save your image as a pdf then once there scal and tile with do it automaticly
Sep 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
I tiled these using your dimensions.Hope they will work
Sep 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
NSTALLER, thank you very much for the enlarging.

LASERMAN, thanks for the info!

Since nobody commented on my mathematical prows I assume my scaling is correct? Is it really that easy?
Sep 15, 2008, 03:42 PM
I couldnt get an accurate measurement on the wingspan but from center to the tip its within a damn-near(with the length you specified).Let me know how they come out.

Ken
Sep 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thread OP
NSTALLER, did you user scale&tile or something else?
Sep 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserman
look for ScaleAndTile3 from Bill Segraves unforunately he may not be here that much do to family issues, do a search of the forums using the search tool in here and you should be able to find his posts on it , once you do you send him a email and he will then send you the files needed and they are then set up and you can do all the scaling of your file it works with pdf files so if you can save your image as a pdf then once there scal and tile with do it automaticly
Actually, it works with images, as well as PDFs.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
Sep 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
Space Coast USA
Another program is Posterazor http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/
Input a rastor image, scale it and then tile print it.
Sep 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartoy
NSTALLER, did you user scale&tile or something else?
I used tile print and primo PDF
Sep 17, 2008, 05:25 AM
Cutewriter will make a pdf file at whatever scale you like...
install the cutewriter, then from whatever program you load your plan into you select print, select the cutewriter instead of your default printer, the default scale for cutewriter is a single page print. it prints this as a pdf file to your hard drive, but you can turn the single page option off, then select the exact scale you want. ive been doing this using the sketchup program and adding dimensions to my printout

heres how
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=920416
Jan 08, 2009, 02:13 PM
hi sorry, to bump this old thread but i was looking for the inverse of this. is there a way to turn a tiled pdf plan into a single sheet plan? i realized i can get the the plans printed at staples for 3 dollars. i probably waste more than that on ink, tape and patience assembling the tiled plans.
Jan 08, 2009, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yani
hi sorry, to bump this old thread but i was looking for the inverse of this. is there a way to turn a tiled pdf plan into a single sheet plan? i realized i can get the the plans printed at staples for 3 dollars. i probably waste more than that on ink, tape and patience assembling the tiled plans.
Yes. This is easy to do with the iText Java library.

A capability to untile an existing tiled PDF is part of the ScaleAndTile development project. That said (written), there has been little interest in such a capability because it is simple to scale a PDF to any size with ScaleAndTile, e.g., ScaleAndTile3, _v3i or _v3k, could be used with the original JPEGs and scale factors to produce single page PDFs.

UPDF_v3c, an iText-Java class for untiling tiled PDFs, has been used to untile the tiled PDFs, at6side.pdf and AT6top2.pdf, as shown in the attachments below.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Last edited by segraves; Jan 08, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply