Feb 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
Live to fly!
Thread OP

FS Spitfire Mk.IX C

Does anyone have any news on the upcoming scale Flying Styro Spitfire Mk.IX C?

I saw a German web-site selling it for 89 euros... If it's out already, let's urge the guys at Hobby-Lobby to import it to the States. I can't be the only one drooling in anticipation...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2003, 12:21 PM
Head NEAT geek
Mike Hines posted a thread elsewhere that said he was on his way over to Europe to bring one back and talk to flying styro. I'm sure if it's anywhere near as good as the BF-109 HL will bring it into the states... I want one too!

Tom
Mar 07, 2003, 10:58 PM
aka - Knight Hawke

Looking for one myself

If you guys find out anything let me know, I've got some feelers out. will let you know if I come up with anything.

Joe
Mar 08, 2003, 10:41 PM
aka - Knight Hawke

Spitfire IX C

doc-e

I was told Hobby-lobby will be selling this kit in a couple of weeks, will wait and see...

I have some one over seas, he's going to be getting my kit.

Joe
Mar 08, 2003, 11:05 PM
I should have one be Tues or Wed of this week, I will let you know.

Hobby Lobby will be selling this kit in the near future. The kits sold by HL will have English instructions, gearbox, and 4 bladed prop included, I don't know how the kit will be packaged elsewhere.

Mike Hines
Mar 08, 2003, 11:09 PM
aka - Knight Hawke

spitty

Hiflyer,

Where did you get your kit??

From what I seen it comes with prop and gear box.

Keep us up-dated.

Joe
Mar 09, 2003, 12:45 PM
Joe

I am the Product Manager at Hobby Lobby, I have been hounding the powers that be at Flying Styro to get the English instructions finished. I first saw this model last September and have been dying to get my hands on one ever since. The kits that I should have this week are the first ones of the version that we will be carrying. I will assemble one for photos and testing.

Hobby Lobby doesn't always carry the kits in exactly the same form as others. The Crazy Sparrow is an example of this. In most of the world this kit was sold with a motor and gearbox included. The problem was that the motor was a 280. After testing we chose to offer the plane without the motor and gearbox and made the recommendation that a Speed 300 and gearbox or a 280BB and gearbox be used. With the setup that we recommended the plane flew very well, with the manufacturers setup it barely flew.

The Bf-109 (companion to the new Spit), as HL sells it, comes with a 280 Race motor. In most of the rest of the world it comes with a standard 280. This was based on the testing that we did on the prototypes. It flys with either motor, but is much more fun with the Race motor.

The point of all this is to say that I am working a fast as possible to have this available in the US, in a form that we can all be happy with.

Mike Hines

Quick Reply