Oct 14, 2016, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
Motor does not turn on when rth is engaged and the safety is turned off . Why no motor power?
In the air or on the bench? RTH will not engage below 60ft (unless low alt enabled) or below 3mph speed. Must have a good GPS lock on 3 or more sats also.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2017, 09:33 PM

Can't get simple OSD Pro setup to work - please help!

Can someone please tell me if this is right or wrong? I've done a lot of reading and I think this should work, but it's not working.

I've been flying FPV for about a year with the cheap Quanum FPV kit and it's been great. I'm to the point where I want to try an OSD and I bought an Eagle Tree OSD Pro system. I wanted to start out simple and go from there. So I thought I'd first just try connecting the camera and transmitter to the OSD Pro module, which I have done as shown in the attached image. But all I get is 'No Signal' and static on my screen.

I don't have anything else connected to the system. I was assuming that the power and video signal would pass directly through the OSD Pro module, but it appears to not be that simple. Does the OSD Pro module need its own power supply? If so, then which port? The manual doesn't mention a need to power the OSD Pro module.

So what am I missing to make this most simple setup to work properly?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Jun 20, 2017, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8yw8y
Can someone please tell me if this is right or wrong? I've done a lot of reading and I think this should work, but it's not working.

I've been flying FPV for about a year with the cheap Quanum FPV kit and it's been great. I'm to the point where I want to try an OSD and I bought an Eagle Tree OSD Pro system. I wanted to start out simple and go from there. So I thought I'd first just try connecting the camera and transmitter to the OSD Pro module, which I have done as shown in the attached image. But all I get is 'No Signal' and static on my screen.

I don't have anything else connected to the system. I was assuming that the power and video signal would pass directly through the OSD Pro module, but it appears to not be that simple. Does the OSD Pro module need its own power supply? If so, then which port? The manual doesn't mention a need to power the OSD Pro module.

So what am I missing to make this most simple setup to work properly?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
The OSD Pro won't work without the eLogger v4.
I would recommend downloading the manual for both devices and read carefully.
If your going to configure for video only without RTH you will need careful configuration of certain settings.
If you decide to use RTH later you will need the GPS specific to the OSD Pro.

I would recommend the Vector over the OSD Pro in any case.
Geoff
Nov 24, 2017, 12:51 PM
Hi all
I have skywalker x8 the setups are osd pro ,guardian and elogger v4.
my problem is the plane not steady while flying, I use all default settings and it flys crazy sometimes left or right AIL not respond and sometimes up or down ELE not respond and its very hard to hold plane and sometimes goes up or down when I centered stick to the level flight I checked the ahi level while throttle is acceralting on ground it was level and steady I plug out all eagle tree system and use the normal way plug only esc to battrry it fly very good with no problem
i dont know whats wrong, any suggestions please
by the way

Elevon mixing on osd not on remote .
I made a ground test for AIL , ELE I and guardian everythings
good before flight
Thanks
Last edited by ygbhy; Nov 24, 2017 at 05:44 PM.
Apr 27, 2018, 05:01 AM
Dragonlink micro receiver and eaglee treee osd pro aren't compatible?
Apr 27, 2018, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixoid26
Dragonlink micro receiver and eaglee treee osd pro aren't compatible?
Who says that?
Apr 27, 2018, 08:24 AM
May 02, 2018, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Who says that?
When I turn on my Eagle tree I see this
RTH engaged: BAD RX pulsewidths.
With my old Futaba all OK, and when I used old dragonlink also was OK.
Oct 28, 2018, 11:12 AM
Hey, new question un this old thread:
How osd pro determines home position? I always make a home position reset via osd menús, but...
In ET vector It makes automatically; What happens in osd pro if I don't make this operation? It saves home position anyway when It has enough sats? Or when I apply throttle first time?
Thanks.
Oct 29, 2018, 01:46 AM
But often down to earth

Home Position

Below is from the manual pdf (EagleTreeSystems OSD Pro DocVer 4.9) Page 5 and 22. I searched for "Home Position". There are several places in the manual to describe how it works. It can be set from the transmitter using the OSD Pro menu system.

I hope this helps,
Steve

GPS Fix Quality (Page 5)
Many of the features of the OSD Pro, including the RADAR, distance display, and altitude, depend on a good initial GPS fix before finalizing the “home”
position. When GPS modules first get a fix, the position and/or altitude may not be accurate, and subsequent fixes may have greater accuracy. The OSD
Pro has several adjustments to ensure that the home position is correctly finalized. See the “GPS, RADAR, Timer and Waypoint Settings Menu” on-screen
menu description below for more information.

Main Menu (Page 22)

Description of On-screen Menus

The following sections describe each OSD Pro on-screen menu in detail. Each box below corresponds with one of the menu screens. Figure 9 shows the appearance of the Main Menu screen, for reference.

Here is the description of the Main Menu:

• Reset Home Position: resets the “home” position. This item is useful if the GPS is drifting considerably after the initial home position is finalized.
• Test Return to Home: see the Safety Mode section below for more information
• Configure Radio Control: Launches the Radio Control Configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Configure Guardian Stabilizer: Launches the Guardian Stabilizer configuration menu (see the Guardian manual for more information)
• Configure Safety Mode: Launches the Safety Mode Configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Change Display Settings: Launches the OSD Display configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Select Items to be Displayed: Launches the “Choose Items (0=None, 63=All)” menu that lets you configure graphics and other OSD display items
(see section on this menu below). Note that it is easier to configure these items using the PC, as described in the Configuring Graphics and other
Items to Display section above.
• Configure Audio/Variometer: Launches the Audio/Variometer Configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Set Battery milliamp-Hours: Sets the mAH capacity of your battery pack. This parameter, along with the eLogger’s current sensor, is used to
display the primary graphical battery level. Warning: batteries often have less than their stated mAH capacity, especially when drained at
high rates.
• GPS and RADAR Configuration: Launches the GPS/RADAR configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Configure Sensors and Units: Launches the Sensors and Units configuration menu (see section on this menu below)
• Flight Sim (Disable Motor!): See the “Flight Simulator” section below.
• Configure EagleEyes Station: Launches the Eagle Eyes configuration menu (see the EagleEyes instruction manual for more information)
• Exit Menu: Returns to the main screen (Exits Menu Mode) when selected
Last edited by Floater73; Oct 29, 2018 at 01:52 AM.
Oct 29, 2018, 03:57 PM
Thank you very much Floater!!!

I have read in another forum that the OSD pro fixes home position when it receives enough satellites, it is not necessary to do anything else.

I explain my idea: I want to replace the video equipment in 1.3 ghz with a Hd video equipment in my plane. As Vector does not have Mavlink telemetry, nor compatible with my HD equipment, I am going to use an osd pro, renouncing all its visual characteristics, but maintaining its stabilization and rth. As I will not have access to see data on the screen, nor to navigate their menus, I need to know when the home has been set. Normally, fixed position in a couple of minutes, for which if, as I said before, fixed position when receiving necessary satellites, I could fly safely, without having to interact on the osd.
Back to origins: no osd, no gps or battery data ... but with HD Video, hahahahaha

Of course, all suggestions are welcome. For what it's worth, the Rc equipment is a Dragon Link v2.

Regards!
Oct 29, 2018, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel32
Thank you very much Floater!!!

I have read in another forum that the OSD pro fixes home position when it receives enough satellites, it is not necessary to do anything else.

Regards!
That's all I ever did. Flew after I had 6 satellites. Came home 2 out of 3 times that I lost video signal in 250 flights. The third time it must have gone to someone else's home. Never saw it again. Still looking.
Oct 29, 2018, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy
That's all I ever did. Flew after I had 6 satellites. Came home 2 out of 3 times that I lost video signal in 250 flights. The third time it must have gone to someone else's home. Never saw it again. Still looking.
😫😖😵 Sorry about that...

Quick Reply