Jul 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
KJ4YYJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi
i dont have video of the osd display. all i know is that when I hit return to home I was 7000 feet away that's Little bit more then a mile away and it came back just fine. but it didnt circle above me.
It may be helpfull if you post your setting.
use the usb cable and go hardware then OSD, after that comes up, at the bottom you will see save configuration. that will be a TXT file . post that
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2012, 07:43 PM

OSD PRO setup issues

I just received elogger v4, gps v4,osd pro and guardian stabilizer. when connected to laptop my guardian functions but wwhen disconnected from laptop the message stabilizer disconnected comes up. Also i have no gps read outs. It will blink 5 times when system is connected to laptop but no readouts, it works fine with my data recorder v2. Im running the beta software, ive tried them all and different firmware options and no help. I can add text to the display but it will not let me select the graphical inputs. Thanks for your help.
Jul 27, 2012, 11:38 PM
FPV junkie
Carlo,

I answered your PM.

Let me know how those adjustments work for you. If you need to fine tune it after you get it climbing and turning, then let me know.

-Mike

Quote:
Jul 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
FPV junkie
Hodges,

recheck your wiring. Make sure that the devices are plugged into the proper ports and in the proper orientation.

Then when you are sure that You did it right, go back to the instructions, and check it again.

It just sounds like that could be your issue. I may be wrong, but that is the first thing I would check.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges42
i just received elogger v4, gps v4,osd pro and guardian stabilizer. When connected to laptop my guardian functions but wwhen disconnected from laptop the message stabilizer disconnected comes up. Also i have no gps read outs. It will blink 5 times when system is connected to laptop but no readouts, it works fine with my data recorder v2. Im running the beta software, ive tried them all and different firmware options and no help. I can add text to the display but it will not let me select the graphical inputs. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by m_beeson; Jul 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Jul 28, 2012, 04:24 PM
My elogger died, led does not flash and a gets warm when connected to usb on laptop. The osd pro doesnt work at all now when connected to my data recorder v2.
Jul 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
FPV junkie
hodges,

open a support ticket at eagle tree website

http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges42
My elogger died, led does not flash and a gets warm when connected to usb on laptop. The osd pro doesnt work at all now when connected to my data recorder v2.
Jul 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
NEW VIDEO WITH OSD PLAYBACK

SATURDAY I was testing THE RTH,,,, it i was about 20,000 ft from home and 2000 ft in atl. it came home just perfectly but then as it got closer It passed by me at about 700 feet made a right turn (a wide one) and flew down to 200 feet when i clearly programmed it for it not to go lower than 550 with 50 error give or take.I thought that the RTH was supposed to keep on circling above me at a certain height.
AT THE END OF THE VIDEO I SHOW MY SETUP,, SO KEEP WATCHING. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

here is the video that i just finished editing and uploading.

Zii eagle tree RTH TEST (8 min 37 sec)

***i have attached my eagle tree file in case you guys want to look at it.***
Last edited by carlocivicsi; Jul 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:

SATURDAY I was testing THE RTH,,,, it i was about 20,000 ft from home and 2000 ft in atl. it came home just perfectly but then as it got closer It passed by me at about 700 feet made a right turn (a wide one) and flew down to 200 feet when i clearly programmed it for it not to go lower than 550 with 50 error give or take.I thought that the RTH was supposed to keep on circling above me at a certain height.
AT THE END OF THE VIDEO I SHOW MY SETUP,, SO KEEP WATCHING. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Actually doesnt look too bad.
You can try increasing your proportional gains.
Don't have the exact names of the setup items now.
I did post my settings a while back on the Guardian thread (I think).
I'm using a Bixler now (same as EZ star really)

Anyway...mine circles directly over me.
Me turns are tight enough it sometimes does a figure eight.
Works very nice.

RTH is an awesome feature.
Now if only Bill got around to giving us some way-point capabilities
Jul 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer
Actually doesnt look too bad.
You can try increasing your proportional gains.
Don't have the exact names of the setup items now.
I did post my settings a while back on the Guardian thread (I think).
I'm using a Bixler now (same as EZ star really)

Anyway...mine circles directly over me.
Me turns are tight enough it sometimes does a figure eight.
Works very nice.

RTH is an awesome feature.
Now if only Bill got around to giving us some way-point capabilities
yeah it comes home just fine but it keeps on loosing attitude. i want it to stay up and circle or do figure 8 what ever its is that it does but i dont want it to come down like its been doing to me.

at the end of the video you see what my settings are.

here is a screen shot of the video,,, the part of my settings
Jul 30, 2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetPeDwXmbc

Increase pitch proportional gain, it will help maintain altitude,...

Increase turn proportional gain to tighten up your turns...

Also make sure you are giving full elevator deflection when you run the servo analysis wizard..

I had a problem with my Twinstar holding altitude during RTH too..

I heeded the suggestion to give slight up elevator (climb) during the wizard when
"set sticks for level flight"

And give slight up elevator (climb) when asked during "Set throttle for climbing"

RTH now works beautiful..

My plane too will throw in a figure 8 now and then when it circles over head..
Last edited by Mykro; Jul 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro
Increase pitch proportional gain, it will help maintain altitude,...

Increase turn proportional gain to tighten up your turns...

Also make sure you are giving full elevator deflection when you run the servo analysis wizard..

I had a problem with my Twinstar holding altitude during RTH too..

I heeded the suggestion to give slight up elevator (climb) during the wizard when
"set sticks for level flight"

And give slight up elevator (climb) when asked during "Set throttle for climbing"
How much gain u think i should add to pitch and proportional gains?
Jul 30, 2012, 10:40 PM
Deleted
Jul 30, 2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
How much gain u think i should add to pitch and proportional gains?
I have my "Max Stab Pitch RTH (Guardian stabilizer menu) at 65
And I have "Turn Proportional Gain" (Safety mode menu) at 75

When you go to fly your plane after changing these settings, only fly your plane Line-of-sight ONLY at first..
It is not recommended to fly your plane where you can't see your plane with your naked eye until you have RTH dialed in..
Jul 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro
I have my "Max Stab Pitch RTH (Guardian stabilizer menu) at 65
And I have "Turn Proportional Gain" (Safety mode menu) at 75

When you go to fly your plane after changing these settings, only fly your plane Line-of-sight ONLY at first..
It is not recommended to fly your plane where you can't see your plane with your naked eye until you have RTH dialed in..
Thanks I'll try that.
Jul 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
FPV junkie
Increase Pitch Proportional Gain.

Keep increasing it until your plane does the following.

*when decending, it seeks the proper altitude,

*when engaged lower than cruise/home altitude, it responds,

and starts climbing to that altitude without loosing more than a few feet of altitude.

also:
It is safe to use 25 feet of error.

-Mike

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetPeDwXmbc

*EDIT*
Carl,

I just read Mykros' post.

He hit it right on...

Quick Reply