Jun 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Old Flying Bastard
Hi Eagle Tree guys

I've just ordered a complete eagle tree osd kit. Already had the Groundstation, i used it only for diversity feature. Now I will be able to use the tracker too, sounds great.

I see there's lot of firmware update, that's a good thing too.

Would it be possible to have a documented protocol to help us integrate different fly controllers like Multiwii/Mikrokopter/Naze32/OpenPilot ?

I'd love to use embedded sensors from fc like GPS & attitude data on the eagletree and use RTH from FC, and other similar features.
This would really be a killer feature.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:35 PM
nanishimhan
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while nanishimhan edits it.
Jun 13, 2012, 12:28 PM
On screen attitude ladder. How do I switch between GPS and Altimeter Microsensor data?
Jun 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Journeyman Kit-Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint
On screen attitude ladder. How do I switch between GPS and Altimeter Microsensor data?
It is in the on-screen menus. I think in the configure sensors....
Jun 13, 2012, 04:01 PM
fly by night
OK help me out here. Confused as heck

I want to be able to invoke RTH without turning off my RC transmitter - by cranking down the throttle trim. It turns on fine when the transmitter is turned off, though when it is on my table the motor runs for a couple seconds then quits. Really want to be able to test in on the bench first!

equip: Dragonlink, OSD+Guardian+baro, Zephyr2
- safety mode is 1 channel, PCM

I set the Dlink failsafe to cruising throttle setting. Should I set it to zero or to a value below zero?

is a simple sequence of settings someone can spell out for me make to get this working as it should with Dragonlink? The manual is confusing the heck out of me.
Jun 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
Im no expert as I only just received all my eagletree gear, but I did read that there was some safety setting that wouldnt allow RTH to be activated under 3km/h or under 20ft altitude.

There was a section in the manual about how to test RTH.

hope that helps
Jun 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo__04
Im no expert as I only just received all my eagletree gear, but I did read that there was some safety setting that wouldnt allow RTH to be activated under 3km/h or under 20ft altitude.

There was a section in the manual about how to test RTH.

hope that helps
No RTH under 3km???? Hopefully this is something that can be changed. I'd want to be able to use RTH as soon as it leaves LOS (about 1 km at most)
Jun 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas
No RTH under 3km???? Hopefully this is something that can be changed. I'd want to be able to use RTH as soon as it leaves LOS (about 1 km at most)
Lol you misread him. He meant under three kilometers per hour air/ground speed.
Jun 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Lol you misread him. He meant under three kilometers per hour air/ground speed.
haha, thanks TS. Still got blurry vision from last nights game drinks.
Jun 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
OK help me out here. Confused as heck

I want to be able to invoke RTH without turning off my RC transmitter - by cranking down the throttle trim. It turns on fine when the transmitter is turned off, though when it is on my table the motor runs for a couple seconds then quits. Really want to be able to test in on the bench first!

equip: Dragonlink, OSD+Guardian+baro, Zephyr2
- safety mode is 1 channel, PCM

I set the Dlink failsafe to cruising throttle setting. Should I set it to zero or to a value below zero?

is a simple sequence of settings someone can spell out for me make to get this working as it should with Dragonlink? The manual is confusing the heck out of me.
Give this a try:

1. Set Dlink failsafe to idle throttle and throttle trim all the way down.
2. Turn off Dlink Rx.
3. Return Tx throttle trim to midpoint (throttle stick at idle).
4. Power up your airplane. Most ESCs will automatically adjust throttle curves at startup. Verify that your ESC recognizes current throttle stick (idle) and trim (midpoint) positions as idle. Carefully check throttle operation.
5. Now disconnect motor and run ET Servo Analysis Wizard.

The ET Servo Analysis Wizard should recognize your failsafe settings when you turn the transmitter off. Assuming all goes well, you'll now be able to engage RTH by setting throttle stick to idle and throttle trim all the way down. Disengage RTH by advancing either the throttle stick or trim.

Good luck!
Jun 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Help! On the bench when I turn on full OSD Guardian Stabilization on my elevon wing (Zephyr I) it always causes the left and right elevons to be in full right turn (left down, right up)...after I move the control stick a few times they jump back to level and seem to stabilize normally but after a few seconds of attitude changes (up/down, left/right) they go out of whack again....any ideas?

I've made sure the AHI is level, have gone through the servo wizard a few times, updated the firmware to latest and still the same. FYI I have a Skywalker with the same hardware/firmware and it works fine.

Thanks.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Jun 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Help! On the bench when I turn on full OSD Guardian Stabilization on my elevon wing (Zephyr I) it always causes the left and right elevons to be in full right turn (left down, right up)...after I move the control stick a few times they jump back to level and seem to stabilize normally but after a few seconds of attitude changes (up/down, left/right) they go out of whack again....any ideas?

I've made sure the AHI is level, have gone through the servo wizard a few times, updated the firmware to latest and still the same. FYI I have a Skywalker with the same hardware/firmware and it works fine.

Thanks.
Try turning off the heading hold...
Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Awesome, I was hoping for some stupid-simple fix

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Try turning off the heading hold...
Jun 17, 2012, 04:21 PM

Need help configuring RTH

I just finished building a new FPV rig.. A Twinstar II
I went to maiden it after doing alot of bench testing and putting the plane through it's paces in the simulator.
I'm having problems dialing in RTH.. I can't seem to get it to turn correctly and fly centered somewhat overhead around home and hold elevation as it should.. I can't seem to get the elevator to respond like it should during RTH.. I've done everything that I could think of to get RTH dialed in.. Maybe you guys could help me figure it out.. Here is a video of the flight..

At the end of the video I flip through the safety and guardian configurations so you can see the values...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks All...

https://vimeo.com/44206670
Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
ScratchCrasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro
I just finished building a new FPV rig.. A Twinstar II
I went to maiden it after doing alot of bench testing and putting the plane through it's paces in the simulator.
I'm having problems dialing in RTH.. I can't seem to get it to turn correctly and fly centered somewhat overhead around home and hold elevation as it should.. I can't seem to get the elevator to respond like it should during RTH.. I've done everything that I could think of to get RTH dialed in.. Maybe you guys could help me figure it out.. Here is a video of the flight..

At the end of the video I flip through the safety and guardian configurations so you can see the values...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks All...

https://vimeo.com/44206670
Are you giving full elevator stick deflection during servo analysis wizard?

Quick Reply