Mar 04, 2012, 12:14 PM

What receivers have serial PPM?

a bit of a rookie question but do any 'regular' rx's have serial PPM out or do you have to go hacking into the rx to get the serial ppm output straight from the chip?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Ya,

That doesn't sound right.

are you trimming your throttle down all of the way when you run your servo analysis wizzard, " for the motor off position?
Yep!
Mar 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli
Yep!
are you getting full throttle, or is your throttle limited?

The values displayed do not affect the performance of the motor,
they are just the interpreted values.

These interpreted values are used for the RTH feature.
Mar 04, 2012, 04:14 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
Yes, all but one, that will carry the signals for all channels and that has to be connected to the "aileron input" of the OSD PRO (which then becomes the "ppm stream" input...)
Ok, so from my rangelink rx I only have to have one servo lead going to the aileron INPUT to have all the channels running? I can plainly see the Pro's of it but are there any cons I can't see?
Mar 04, 2012, 04:27 PM

Problem with Eagle Tree Setup / Video

PROBLEM SOLVED - "Choose Menu Receiver Inputs" was set to Aux1, Aux2. I changed it to "3-Position" and routed the Aux 2 in from the OSD from my receiver Aux 2 channel. Seems good now!

------------------------------------------------------------
I had the OSD working w/ Stabilization (Guardian) and then I noticed that after the aileron and elevators made buzzing sound for a while they actually burned out while testing in the basement - they have since been replaced and now I'm trying to figure out what is the main problem. Could the Guardian module be damaged now?

I am running the aileron and elevator servo through the OSD to take advantage of the Guardian (stabilization). It was working earlier today and after a few adjustments thought the software not much is working.
Last edited by jdwphotos.com; Mar 04, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Mar 04, 2012, 04:38 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwphotos.com
I had the OSD working w/ Stabilization (Guardian) and then I noticed that after the aileron and elevators made buzzing sound for a while they actually burned out while testing in the basement - they have since been replaced and now I'm trying to figure out what is the main problem. Could the Guardian module be damaged now?

I am running the aileron and elevator servo through the OSD to take advantage of the Guardian (stabilization). It was working earlier today and after a few adjustments thought the software not much is working.

Here is a video describing the problem. Maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong or help me get down to the root of the problem.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfubSg--H24
That's wierd.

Try turning off the Heading Hold, and re-run servo analysis wizzard.

Run wizzard through your transmitter to rule out any pc conflicts.
Mar 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
FPV junkie
Jdw,

are you using PCM?
Mar 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
That's wierd.

Try turning off the Heading Hold, and re-run servo analysis wizzard.

Run wizzard through your transmitter to rule out any pc conflicts.
I turned off Head Holding and I still get noisy buzzing with servos (overheating if I leave it on long). What is PCM?
Mar 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Jdw,

are you using PCM?
Okay, I got it working. I think the problem was the "Choose Menu Receiver Inputs" was set to Aux1, Aux2. I changed it to "3-Position" and routed the Aux 2 in from the OSD from my receiver Aux 2 channel. Seems good now!
Last edited by jdwphotos.com; Mar 04, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Mar 04, 2012, 10:05 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwphotos.com
Okay, I got it working. I think the problem was the "Choose Menu Receiver Inputs" was set to Aux1, Aux2. I changed it to "3-Position" and routed the Aux 2 in from the OSD from my receiver Aux 2 channel. Seems good now!
Wow,

That's good

To answer your question about PCM.

That is when you use one wire from your reciever to the osd, in the place of the 5 wires. It is available on the newest firmware upgrade, but not widely tested.

The pcm signal sends the information for multiple channels in a single wire...
Mar 04, 2012, 10:08 PM

Serial PPM

Hi Bill,

I tried setting up the Serial PPM today and had some success.

All 8 channels show up on the Serial PPM Servo Positions dialog box. I was able to map all 6 channels that I use and they did show up on the OSD as moving just as they did before this change. However, when I re-connected the Ailerons, Elevator and Throttle to the OUT side of the OSD Pro, only the throttle, Aux1 and Aux2 work and the motor makes a beeping noise that I have not heard before. But the Elevator and Ailerons don’t work at all. I am using the Scherrer 12Ch Long Range Rx.

Am I doing something wrong or is my Rx not compatible with this system?

Thanks,
Randy
Mar 04, 2012, 10:17 PM
FPV junkie
Hi Randy,

I have not enabled PPM yet, but I wonder if it will help to run the Servo analysis wizzard at this time.

Now that all of the servos are hooked up.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder
Hi Bill,

I tried setting up the Serial PPM today and had some success.

All 8 channels show up on the Serial PPM Servo Positions dialog box. I was able to map all 6 channels that I use and they did show up on the OSD as moving just as they did before this change. However, when I re-connected the Ailerons, Elevator and Throttle to the OUT side of the OSD Pro, only the throttle, Aux1 and Aux2 work and the motor makes a beeping noise that I have not heard before. But the Elevator and Ailerons don’t work at all. I am using the Scherrer 12Ch Long Range Rx.

Am I doing something wrong or is my Rx not compatible with this system?

Thanks,
Randy
Mar 05, 2012, 03:48 AM
Alicante, España
OK, now I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
That has to be me I was not talking about freeing channels on the receiver. The receiver will simply outputs all channels on a single wire. BUT, this will free some inputs on the OSD PRO (as mentionned above). If those inputs could be reprogrammed as outputs, they could be use to extend the number of control surface the OSD PRO can drive, i.e. 1 channel for each aileron. That would allow me (and others) to keep using ailerons as flaperons (both down) which is currently not possible because I had to use a Y cable so the single "ailerons" output of the OSD PRO can drive both ailerongs (going in opposite directions).
Mar 05, 2012, 04:15 AM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Ok, so from my rangelink rx I only have to have one servo lead going to the aileron INPUT to have all the channels running? I can plainly see the Pro's of it but are there any cons I can't see?
Too hard basket, I'll stick with what works.
Mar 05, 2012, 05:45 AM
Someone could tell me how do I work the audio with this cable, using a GoPro.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=289

The audio plug on this cable has only one wire.
I do not know if I can connect it to the EagleTree Pro without the Ground wire, and I have no idea what to do on Audio Out.

Quick Reply