Jun 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
Yes FS, or defect switch at Tx, or noise on the RX to OSD AUX1/2 cable.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2011, 08:48 PM
FPV junkie
balsabuster,

are you running 3 batteries?

also expounding on mrspeed,

is your aux 1 set to a failsafe position? if it is a failsafe that is triggering this, I would check that the switch is not set to "failsafe-menu position".
Jun 16, 2011, 11:58 PM
I notice that the menu comes up with the cursor on "Reset Home Position" (the 2nd item on the list.) Maybe I have an intermittant Aux 1 switch? I don't think I have the receiver or EagleTree configured for failsafe.

Maybe I can disable the Aux 1 and Aux 2 functions, and set it up so I can only access the menus with my laptop. If I have to, I can use the laptop to re-enable the switches if necessary.
Jun 17, 2011, 12:33 AM
FPV junkie
You didn't get a "signal lost" message, so that makes me believe that it is something other than a failsafe.
Jun 17, 2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
You didn't get a "signal lost" message, so that makes me believe that it is something other than a failsafe.
With FS you don't get a signal lost, because osd always sees a signal.
This can only happen without FS set.
Jun 17, 2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
I notice that the menu comes up with the cursor on "Reset Home Position" (the 2nd item on the list.) Maybe I have an intermittant Aux 1 switch? I don't think I have the receiver or EagleTree configured for failsafe.

Maybe I can disable the Aux 1 and Aux 2 functions, and set it up so I can only access the menus with my laptop. If I have to, I can use the laptop to re-enable the switches if necessary.
Don't do that, you always need it.
Try your FS settings with switching Tx off/on, if menu appears it's the FS setting you have to change.
Jun 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
I've never turned the transmitter off when everything is up and running. I'll try that today. Might be interesting to see what happens.
Jun 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
I've never turned the transmitter off when everything is up and running. I'll try that today. Might be interesting to see what happens.
Be careful, RTH or FS could start your motor
Jun 17, 2011, 11:07 AM
KJ4YYJ
Quote:
turned the transmitter off while in flight... IS A NO NO

Your signal may not reconnect when you turn the trans. back on..
Jun 17, 2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
It might very well be.
Jun 17, 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
YES, test should be on the ground.
Jun 17, 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida
turned the transmitter off while in flight... IS A NO NO

Your signal may not reconnect when you turn the trans. back on..
Could happen with 2.4GHz or LRS RC but not with 35MHz or 72MHz.
Jun 17, 2011, 11:38 PM
Motor battery disconnected. Turned off transmitter. Display remained normal. (just like nothing happened)

Main menu came up again today while I was taxiing back to the pits.
Jun 17, 2011, 11:55 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Thanks Crist, guess I was hoping for the best and that it was a setting in the ET OSD and not a blown ESC, but it turned out to be a burned ESC ...but it's been replaced and I've gotten the amps down so all is good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti
Try running the motor with out the OSD. That should give you a good answer where the problem is.
Jun 17, 2011, 11:57 PM
First to go over 106K feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Thanks Crist, guess I was hoping for the best and that it was a setting in the ET OSD and not a blown ESC, but it turned out to be a burned ESC ...but it's been replaced and I've gotten the amps down so all is good now
Glad all is good.

Quick Reply