Aug 19, 2009, 04:44 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100
Emagnee thanks

al
You're welcome!
Aug 19, 2009, 07:54 PM
Has anyone experimented with this on a flying wing with vtail mixing? Even if RTH won't work correctly, can it be disabled and not have any other issues?
Aug 19, 2009, 08:04 PM
Electric Addict
yes... RTH can be made to work on a wing... you just need to do your mixing downstream of the OSD in hardware ....

flight testing the RTH Autopilot (3 min 31 sec)
Aug 19, 2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah I have a couple v-tail mixers that I have having updated with the latest firware so they will work with a FASST system and digital servos. I will give it a try with them.

Thanks
Aug 20, 2009, 04:25 PM
SPL
SPL
Hi,

I have 2 problem with my OSD PRO.

1. when all the system is idle (engine off no servo moving) the voltage indicator is not stable it's jumb from 12.1, 11.7, 12.4~ and etc...

2. when i connect the battary to the system I can see the logo and after that the OSD screen and it's switch off after 2 sec, i still can see the picture from the camera but the OSD disappear.
Aug 20, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Hi SPL,

This sounds like not enough power is getting to the OSD Pro. If you are not connecting the OSD Pro to one or more of your servo channels, you will need to use a battery backup harness (ours or your own) to supply additional power.

I've included links to the battery backup harness and OSD Pro manuals below, which describe what needs to be done.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...teryBackup.pdf

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Aug 20, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hi techspy, can you give some info or a link to the programable v-tail mixers you are using?

thanks Geoff
Aug 21, 2009, 01:48 AM
SPL
SPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi SPL,

This sounds like not enough power is getting to the OSD Pro. If you are not connecting the OSD Pro to one or more of your servo channels, you will need to use a battery backup harness (ours or your own) to supply additional power.

I've included links to the battery backup harness and OSD Pro manuals below, which describe what needs to be done.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...teryBackup.pdf

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Hi bill it's true the osd is not conneced to any servo channel. I didn't think about it.

thanks
Aug 21, 2009, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
this is how I have mine connected right now... note that I need the servo buffers due to my Futaba PCM Rx.

Hi to all

downeym, those servo buffer you using?
you have had problems with the channel for remote control of the sensitivity of the copilot? with my rx even if atv is governed well, when I increase the maximum sensitivity with the radio, it seems that the MAX sensitivity is not possible. You have had this problem?
I have one servo buffer.
I appreciate your help.
Aug 21, 2009, 02:46 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Hi Guys

I have searched the thread and can't seem to find the answer - so sorry if it has been asked before, but can the OSD Pro keep its eye on the Video battery as well as the Flight battery?

Cheers
-J
Aug 21, 2009, 04:19 AM
I love FPV!
I've been watching a few OSD Pro videos, and it looks good, but can someone tell me.. Can the size of the font be reduced? All the videos I see seem to show a VERY cluttered screen. The font seems smaller on the RangeVideo OSD. (http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...oducts_id=135). Can the font be made to look smaller and sharp like them? Maybe - a future update?

I assume you can, like the Power Panel, chose what to display?
Aug 21, 2009, 06:35 AM
Electric Addict
massimo,

I have been less than satisfied with my copilot and have a few nagging issues I havent worked out with it. The gain settings are one of them...

the issue I have is that I cant seem to dial it all the way off... even with zero gain set, the control surfaces move a little if you block the sensor... Max doesnt seem to be an issue...

The buffers are just there to set the timing for the Servo inputs and should not affect the total throws of the system.

I assume you have increased the gain setting on the control unit?
Aug 21, 2009, 06:45 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
the issue I have is that I cant seem to dial it all the way off... even with zero gain set, the control surfaces move a little if you block the sensor... Max doesnt seem to be an issue...
this issue can be solved easily.

I had the same problem, because the manual is not the best.
But somewhere in the forum i read about that issue and how you can solve it.
The problem is called a feature in the manual: Autotrim
When you are in setup mode you must set the gain to 0 on the copilot directly.
After setup you set the gain again to 100% on the copilot and than you can control the gain with your transmitter from 0 to 100%.

I have also an futaba r149dp pcm receiver, but i don't use the servo buffers.
Instead of using channel 1 and 2, i use channel 2 and 4.
You can read about that in this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668465

Quick Reply